Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

bull3964 posted:

American Dad was the highest rated thing on basic cable last night.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...e-night/317901/

I'm waiting for the news where Fox buys back American dad at an absurd price with a contract that basically allows it to never be cancelled again and then the quality drops tenfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The production company of American Dad! is still 20th Century Fox, Fox still technically owns it. It's just the first run syndication rights currently reside with TBS.

Really, the same deal as Futurama.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

The Duke posted:

The gently caress? Explain yourself.

It's more like a series of improv vignettes so Samberg can make faces and say outrageous things. When they try to show any level of emotion it feels weird and off-putting. I still enjoy it better than the rest of the shows that night other than Bob's Burgers.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
It's not anything like that at all. It just utilizes a lot of smash cut gags.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
Always looks to me in ads like the police equivalent of Scrubs. Never watched it though, how accurate is that?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

withheldmcfakename posted:

Always looks to me in ads like the police equivalent of Scrubs. Never watched it though, how accurate is that?

A pretty good comparison, I would say, as someone who likes both shows. Though Scrubs in it's own way was a bit more true to some of the realities of working in medicine while B99 does not take anything about policing seriously at all. The seriousness it grounds itself with is more the relationships between the characters.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Oct 25, 2014

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not to mention Terry Crews is a goddamned national treasure and Andre Braughner plays one of the funniest characters in recent TV history.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

It's a cop version of Parks and Rec, really.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's not anything like that at all. It just utilizes a lot of smash cut gags.

Not even a lot, really. I'm beasting through the first season and I can't recall any off the top of my head in the last two or three episodes I watched.

E: There were more than a few in the first couple of episodes, but they've seemed to have died off.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Finally made a thread for the new season: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676307

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They've killed and revived the animation block a few times since it started. They'll probably end up buying a new show and bringing it back next season. Or maybe cancel The Mindy Project or New Girl and pair the surviving show with B99 on Sundays.

Monday morning TV executive is a fun game.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

6-year plan man posted:

Saturday morning cartoons gone, animation domination dwindling, what's next cartoon network showing live action shows?? Wait a second they already do... fucckkkk what is going on with cartoons nowadays can we bring back some animaniacs and Johnny bravo and dragon ball z please.

They stopped doing live action shows because it was a terrible idea.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

computer parts posted:

Aren't tim and Eric and children's hospital still on the air and there's another one about a family I think it's called delocated like seriously wtf.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Also Black Jesus and Eric Andre.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

That's not Cartoon Network. That's Adult Swim.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

computer parts posted:

Can somebody tell Disney to stop making live action kid shows? They're all horrible.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

Can somebody tell Disney to stop making live action kid shows? They're all horrible.

They cost a fraction of the budget of an animated series so they will continue.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Mokinokaro posted:

They cost a fraction of the budget of an animated series so they will continue.
Plus they're responsible for launching Flavor of the Month teen icons.

Hillary Duff, Zach Effron, Vanessa Hudgens, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande...

Whomever does talent scouting for live action Disney Channel poo poo must have made a deal with Lucifer.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mister Kingdom posted:

You know you don't have to watch them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Irish Joe posted:

You know you don't have to watch them.

Yes, but knowing they exist...