Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I just got around to watching it and I really needed those laughs, that loving Dodo was great and the descent into Blade Runner had me in tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Great season opener, I loved Roger as the Day Care employee.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

After all these years, I still think my favorite Roger/Stan exchange is in "Shallow Vows."

quote:

Roger: Stan, these are my sons, Alex and Ron. They're in Columbia Film School.
Stan: How is that possible?
Roger: I know. I look too young to have kids in college.
Stan: No, that you have children when your persona is completely fabricated...
Roger: We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.
Stan: That is an unsatisfying answer.

It just sums up Roger perfectly.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I'm a sucker for Stan's reaction to Jeff's hosed up parents:

quote:

Hayley: He hasn't spoken to his dad in years, and his mom ran away before he was born.
Stan: How... How could she do that?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Hey, look at that, "Shallow Vows" is on right now.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
One of the guys at work was saying he was willing to give American Dad a shot (he had bailed during the first season) Was going to do up a list of 5 episodes for him to watch to see if he enjoys it

The One That Got Away
In Country...Club
Rapture's Delight
A Jones for a Smith
Ricky Spanish

That seem like a good list? Has been awhile since I've watched some of the older episodes from seasons 2/3 though

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

neckbeard posted:

One of the guys at work was saying he was willing to give American Dad a shot (he had bailed during the first season) Was going to do up a list of 5 episodes for him to watch to see if he enjoys it

The One That Got Away
In Country...Club
Rapture's Delight
A Jones for a Smith
Ricky Spanish

That seem like a good list? Has been awhile since I've watched some of the older episodes from seasons 2/3 though

I'd replace Ricky Spanish with either Cops and Roger or Bully For Steve personally

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I have a lot I could add but in service of keeping it simple, not including "Joint Custody" is a huge oversight.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Needs more Wheels and the Legman.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

The Nastier Nate posted:

Yeah, make it a list of six.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I have a lot I could add but in service of keeping it simple, not including "Joint Custody" is a huge oversight.

Don't remember that one at all :(

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The Nastier Nate posted:

Definitely add "Haylias" to the list since it's the W&TLM origin story. And it's a great episode besides.

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

I'd add Adventures in Hayleysitting to the list. That episode is the perfect blend of all the craziness, violence , sight-gags, and character-driven nuances that makes American Dad what it is.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

neckbeard posted:

Don't remember that one at all :(

It's one with Jeff's dad and the great bits of Stan and Roger getting high as gently caress.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mokinokaro posted:

It's one with Jeff's dad and the great bits of Stan and Roger getting high as gently caress.

Night Ranger, man. Night...Ranger.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
The One That Got Away is an excellent episode, one of my personal favorites.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You never notice it, but the show has crazy voice actor guests. Ron Perlman, Clancy Brown, Nathan Fillion, it's pretty great. And the episode Brains, Brains and Automobiles (where Roger is poisoned by Stan and they go into his brain / Bullock tries to win over Bin Laden's cat Buffy) is loving amazing.

Oh, and Alyson Hannigan AND SMG were both in one episode, for Whedon fans.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 4, 2013

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
What is the title of the episode where Roger put out a hit on one of his alternate personas because his alternate persona ruined the life of one of his other alternate persona? That is my favourite episode.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

Madkal posted:

What is the title of the episode where Roger put out a hit on one of his alternate personas because his alternate persona ruined the life of one of his other alternate persona? That is my favourite episode.

Grin and Tonic posted:

The One That Got Away is an excellent episode, one of my personal favorites.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
As this is it's final (FOX) season, will we finally get to see Francine's sister Hot-Gwen. I mean, we saw Stan's brother and he has half the mention of Francine's sister.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Postal Parcel posted:

As this is it's final (FOX) season, will we finally get to see Francine's sister Hot-Gwen. I mean, we saw Stan's brother and he has half the mention of Francine's sister.

Nah, she needs to stay unseen like Maris Crane or Mrs. Wolowitz.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Reading the wikipedia page on Roger is one of my favorite things to do when I need cheering up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_(American_Dad!)

But I thought this was interesting: "At Comic-Con 2013 on July 20, Mike Barker revealed that an American Dad! movie centering on Roger and set on his birth planet may take place in the coming future. Barker didn't announce any specifics as it relates to the nature and type of film he and the rest of the show's creators had in mind for the series; however, he strongly suggested that a movie is where the show's staff and creators would like to take things. Barker further hinted that an American Dad! movie may already even be in the works and partially written."

Probably won't happen, but it'd be great to have a movie focused on Roger's home world.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"Ha-ha, you have no friends. You're like America The Person!" I do so love this show and its insane quotability.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Apoplexy posted:

You never notice it, but the show has crazy voice actor guests. Ron Perlman, Clancy Brown, Nathan Fillion, it's pretty great. And the episode Brains, Brains and Automobiles (where Roger is poisoned by Stan and they go into his brain / Bullock tries to win over Bin Laden's cat Buffy) is loving amazing.

Oh, and Alyson Hannigan AND SMG were both in one episode, for Whedon fans.

Not to mention they somehow have Forest Whitaker as a recurring guest.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Bully for Steve and adventures in hayleysitting are the perfect AD episodes, I think.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not to mention they somehow have Forest Whitaker as a recurring guest.

"Mama? If you can hear me, it's Daniel. I want that sandwich!"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Poltergasm

Francine's dissatisfaction with her sex life impacts the whole house, so Roger comes up with a plan to get things straightened out. Meanwhile, Hayley introduces the family to the new young man in her life.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Welp that sounds amazing

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
Please, save your legs for spasming.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Don't cheat on Jeff, even though here's in the reaches of space and you think he is dead! :mad:

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Waffleopolis posted:

Don't cheat on Jeff, even though here's in the reaches of space and you think he is dead! :mad:

Ooooohhhh yeeeaahhhhh. I forgot he was still lost in space. At first I was getting upset at her for cheating.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
He's right, I've never seen Mouse Trap work in person either.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I'd eat mozzarella like an apple.

oh god it's the ghost of francine's sex life

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Revol posted:

I'd eat mozzarella like an apple.

You mean there's another way to eat it?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Asparagus.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.
Asparagus.

E: Dammit Mister Kingdom!

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

DrBouvenstein posted:

You mean there's another way to eat it?

Concerning how difficult it is to shred real mozzarella? No, no there isn't.

edit: Oh my God, I love that Stan questions whether to deal with yet another Roger character.

"Are we really gonna do this?"

Revol fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 7, 2013

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
Are we really going to do this?

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.
Do YOU have a medium character?

Vvvvv: Haha, vengeance is mine!

Adbot