Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They put out eclairs. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Okay, I need a gif of what just happened. I will laugh at it for the rest of my life.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
No Regerts

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Need a gif of Steve kicking that cougar.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mrrrroooowwww... :saddowns:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Steve's effortless kill count for this episode:3(or 5)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
One year later...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dignan? Applejack?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Clever boy...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Clever boy...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Klaus....'s bones

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

This episode was pure gold. Upper echelon AD.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It was just awesome seeing Steve genuinely have his moment. Well, a moment that isn't based on his general nerdiness.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I know American Dad likes to play loose with continuity but its kind of funny how they've had multiple year jumps and Steve is still just 14.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think it's just kind of par for the course with cartoons. The Simpsons have had more Christmases than Bart and Lisa's ages together. It's safe to assume that every episode which has any sort of timeliness to it takes place in its own parallel universe.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

muscles like this? posted:

I know American Dad likes to play loose with continuity but its kind of funny how they've had multiple year jumps and Steve is still just 14.

I loved the part where Steve was showing all the "right of passage" moments he went through before PowerPoint hosed up. Shows there is a kind of hosed up continuity in place.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Holy balls, that was great. The shareholders joke alone had me rolling.

This is what good AD is all about, with no FG poo poo.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

muscles like this? posted:

It is okay, all of these episodes are taking place in Stan's heaven anyways :dance:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

It is okay, all of these episodes are taking place in Stan's heaven anyways :dance:
Or those vacation tanks

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Is there any consistent happenings but "roger uses costumes now" and hayley & jeff's progression?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
There's the thing about Toshi's parents being into BDSM, which isn't quite a running gag.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Fooz posted:

Is there any consistent happenings but "roger uses costumes now" and hayley & jeff's progression?

If you're asking about continuity there's a bunch of tiny stuff, I think someone mentioned some earlier in this thread. Al Tuttle's wife dies and he becomes morbidly obese, Buckle moves in to the neighborhood, Toshi's sister grows up. Did Terry and Greg get their daughter during the show? They're actually really good about keeping the various changes.

Ror fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 7, 2013

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ror posted:

Did Terry and Greg get their daughter during the show?

Yes, Francine was the surrogate and Stan kidnapped her and tried to give her to a straight couple.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mister Kingdom posted:

Yes, Francine was the surrogate and Stan kidnapped her and tried to give her to a straight couple.

One of my favourite episodes. "Because something hard and black just fell off the baby's belly button and I thought it was beef jerky and...am I gonna die or am I stronger than ever?"

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Ror posted:

They're actually really good about keeping the various changes.

Except Terry and Greg's dog, but that's an understandable thing to drop.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Stan talks about Cavalia in a few episodes besides the one actually about Cavalia.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They need to drink Pibb Xtra more often. We all do.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheWevel posted:

Stan talks about Cavalia in a few episodes besides the one actually about Cavalia.

"Lick my neck and tell me I'm your favourite horse in the stable."

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I recall that Stan was talking to his brother on the phone once, then much later he and his family came to visit.

Still waiting for Francine's super hot step sister to make an appearance. Isn't that going to happen soon?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheFattestPat posted:

Still waiting for Francine's super hot step sister to make an appearance. Isn't that going to happen soon?

I think she'll end up the same way as Snot's mother, a referred-to but never seen character. You know, Maris.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

The_Doctor posted:

I think she'll end up the same way as Snot's mother, a referred-to but never seen character. You know, Maris.

But we saw his mother, when Steve and Snot were competing to see who could get the other's mother to touch them intimately. At least I think that was his mom.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

KidKrampus posted:

But we saw his mother, when Steve and Snot were competing to see who could get the other's mother to touch them intimately. At least I think that was his mom.

Oh drat, we did, you're right. Ok, just Francine's sister then.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Pretty sure Snot referenced going away to live with his uncle when he found out Jenny Fromdabloc wasn't actually letting him 'get snizz on the reg', and then we met him when he helped form the amazing boy-band, BOYZ12 or B12 or whatever it was.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Grin and Tonic posted:

Pretty sure Snot referenced going away to live with his uncle when he found out Jenny Fromdabloc wasn't actually letting him 'get snizz on the reg', and then we met him when he helped form the amazing boy-band, BOYZ12 or B12 or whatever it was.

We've met 2 of Snot's uncles. I'm pretty sure the cabbage harvest guy was his uncle too.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Cabbage Uncle was one of my favorite repeating jokes, stereotype mashups.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

greatn posted:

They need to drink Pibb Xtra more often. We all do.

I thought they didn't like Pibb Xtra, only the original (and, sadly, gone) Mr.Pibb?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Crotchwalkers

In a desperate attempt to show Steve that she’s still a “cool” mom, Francine teaches him a vast array of shoplifting techniques to try out at the local mall.

Meanwhile, Roger, Hayley and Klaus form Langley Falls’ first Russian Balalaika trio.

Also, Stan apparently injures his manly bits based on this promo picture:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well I'm already sold based on that single picture.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

drat rakes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
That was the smoothest theft in history.

• Locked thread