Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Hahahahaha ok that was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Ugh, bring on Bob's.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
We'll at least we got one great sketch from this.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Stalin dies, too.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Chris Knight posted:

Best ending ever

Baaaa ba ba baaa baaaaa ba baa baa buuuuun ba buuum ba badabadabadabadum

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I know a lot of women who would love that super strong Homer tongue.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I don't usually watch The Simpsons, but I gave this episode a shot after trying out the Tapped Out game, and seeing the opening for this episode the other day.

I rather enjoyed this. First part was really fun, and had a bunch of nice little touches throughout.

Second part was okay. Not bad, but it wasn't really good.

Third part was good though. Loved the ending.

I don't see myself watching more episodes of the Simpsons for this season, but I think I might check out the other Halloween episodes sometime.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah the middle segment was pretty weak, but overall a really good episode. When was the last time they had a good Halloween episode?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I wasn't really a fan, they aired Treehouse of Horror XX before it which not only has three solid segments but they're also appropriately horror-themed so my expectations were higher. I did get a kick out of the freaks singing Superfreak though.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
That was a good Kang and Kodos cameo this time around. I was expecting them to be in the first segment, but they fit well in the freak show.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I thought this Treehouse was kinda boring to be honest. Not as bad as a few years ago when it Homer killing celebs and the Avatar parody but I expect better.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

achillesforever6 posted:

Someone gave me a list

Del Toro's references, best to as they appear.
Pacific Rim
Bart decapitating Jedidiah Springfield
Attack of the 50 Ft Eyesores
Alfred Hitchcock & The Birds
The Shining & Steven King
Hellboy
Blade 2
Godzilla
Pan's Labyrinth
Hellboy 2
Doom Generation (maybe, $666 or $6.66)
Phantom of the Opera (Universal and Hammer)
The Great Pumpkin & Alien Maggie daughter of Kodos
Cthulhu
Edgar Allen Poe
Steven Spielburg
Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolf Man, Kharis, Gill-Man (Creature), Bride of Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, (there's an alien behind Kharis but can't make out what it is)
Christine (maybe, color might not be right)
Jaws
Rod Sterling, B-9 (1965 tv series), (don't know the toad guy by B-9), Alien Xenomorph, (don't know about the Kaiju), London After Midnight, Army of Darkness, Alfred Hitchcock (the outline silhouette), (don't know about the UFO in the background), Romonster, First Man on the Moon, Count Orlock, Gort, Schlitze, (3 50's aliens I can't id and either Kaiju or Titan I'm not sure which), Kharis and Invisible Man (again), (I want to say Cemetery Man but the Reaper and the gravedigger is throwing me off)
Alice in Wonderland, Hypnotoad
Pan's Labyrinth (again, or maybe a scene from Hellboy 2)
Tooth Fairies

I personally loved Ray Bradbury and the Illustrated Man gag

Here you go:
http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi..._ref_map=%5B%5D

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I figure it's worth asking.

Anyone have this unofficial book from 1999/2000 called The Simpsons Internet Guide?

Back around 1999-2000 or so when I was around 13 years old, I ran an obscure Simpsons fansite back when fansites were still a thing on the internet. It wasn't that big of a site; even if you "followed" the Simpsons web community back then, most likely you still haven't heard of it. I won't say which site it was, but apparently it was mentioned in that book and I never got my chance to see it.

It's a long shot, but if anyone here has that book, I'd like to see how it looks inside. It looks like it hasn't survived the internet's archiving process.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 16, 2013

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

It's a long shot, but if anyone here has that book, I'd like to see how it looks inside. It looks like it hasn't survived the internet's archiving process.

I didn't realize there were so many Simpsons cash-in books.

http://www.thriftbooks.com/searchresult.aspx?searchtext=the+simpsons&searchby=title&intsortby=1&intsortorder=0

God drat.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Speaking of cash-ins, I guess it might be worth pointing out that Burger King has Simspsons toys again. I'm guessing they look like rear end to most people.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I recognize Radioactive Man, Fallout Boy, and Bart and Lisa from one of the Halloween episodes, but uh, who are Pie Dude and Cupcake Boy(?)

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I recognize Radioactive Man, Fallout Boy, and Bart and Lisa from one of the Halloween episodes, but uh, who are Pie Dude and Cupcake Boy(?)
Simple Simpson

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Echo Chamber posted:

I figure it's worth asking.

Anyone have this unofficial book from 1999/2000 called The Simpsons Internet Guide?

Back around 1999-2000 or so when I was around 13 years old, I ran an obscure Simpsons fansite back when fansites were still a thing on the internet. It wasn't that big of a site; even if you "followed" the Simpsons web community back then, most likely you still haven't heard of it. I won't say which site it was, but apparently it was mentioned in that book and I never got my chance to see it.

I downloaded .wav files of Simpsons quotes off your site, didn't I?

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 18, 2013

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

spacemost posted:

I downloaded .wav files of Simpsons quotes off your site, didn't I?
Nah. My site didn't really have much content actually. There were a few scans, poorly edited wallpapers, and some really poorly written episode reviews.

Probably a good thing, because back then Fox's lawyers were really cracking down on Simpsons, Futurama, King of the Hill, and even Buffy fansites if they had a tone of sounds and videoclips. I remembered many fansites, some which were created by kids in high school, getting scary C&D letters.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I must have missed this episode, as I didn't see the Mormon joke, which made me laugh.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mrs. Krabappel is dead.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/marcia-wallace-star-of-the-bob-newhart-show-and-voice-of-mrs-krabappel-dies-at-71-1200764197/

There's your death.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ned just can't catch a break.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Oh poo poo. I was expecting to read a spoiler for the upcoming character death that had been teased, not that the actual actress had died :(

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Oh, that sucks. She may have only voiced one character on the show, but it's certainly not talent that could easily be replaced.

She was also Maggie in That's My Bush! Sadly, I can't say I'm too familiar with her earlier work.

Oh boy.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Now Jean says Krabappel isn't the one who gets killed:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/26/simpsons-exec-ednas-not-mystery-death-sad-coincidence/

Still sad in any case.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh Woodrow :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder what they're going to about the character now.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

muscles like this? posted:

Her home planet needs her.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

It would really suck for Ned to have two dead wives. On one hand they retired all of Phil Hartman's characters, while they replaced Lunchlady Doris who I guess doesn't really count.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 26, 2013

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Ned loses his poo poo, ultra-baptizes Rod and Tod in the tub, has a final stand in the Leftorium while babbling only in rhymes before burning the place down around his ears, shouting "NO FOOTLONGS :byodood:" before dying.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

stupid widower flanders

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I think they'll have to actively write the character off, otherwise they lose any Bart classroom scenes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vertical Lime posted:

Now Jean says Krabappel isn't the one who gets killed:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/26/simpsons-exec-ednas-not-mystery-death-sad-coincidence/

Still sad in any case.
I'm not really surprised...I figured it would be a guest star like Kelsey Grammar's Sideshow Bob or something.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm not really surprised...I figured it would be a guest star like Kelsey Grammar's Sideshow Bob or something.

We may found out sooner than later. Here's next week's episode:

Four Regrettings and a Funeral

Four Springfielders are prompted to try to right past regrets following the funeral of a beloved neighbor.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
"Neighbour" doesn't sound like it's Bob.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

I think they'll have to actively write the character off, otherwise they lose any Bart classroom scenes.

They could always recast the character.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Well, literally "neighbor" would mean Flanders, but he seems a little too central to be the one. And I doubt they'd spoil it in the description like that. I just hope Moe didn't finally off himself.

Edit: I guess it's not Moe. He's anything but beloved.

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 27, 2013

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I bet it's Maggie.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

It's either Ruth Powers or Mrs. Glick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Cacator posted:

It's either Ruth Powers or Mrs. Glick.

When was the last time Mrs. Glick showed up? The president Bush episode?

• Locked thread