Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Cacator posted:

It's either Ruth Powers or Mrs. Glick.
Uh... I have bad news about Mrs. Glick for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

They could always recast the character.

I read that they have said they won't.

That makes me curious though, they must have plans locked away for what to do if one of the main cast members was to suddenly die. For example if Yeardley Smith was to have an accident would they recast Lisa, or just go whelp I guess the shows over.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
If it was one of the Simpsons I suspect they would end the show then and there.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I doubt they would end it. There is too much money at stake.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Hopefully they'll take this opportunity to hire a new voice actor or two. Its been, what, 20 years since they've had a new person in the booth?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I don't think the death in the next episode is even the one that was being teased. When that news initially broke a few months back they said they were still working on the script, but next week is a season 24 holdover so it's probably been in the can for awhile.

Here's a longer description of the next episode. No spoilers on who dies, but based on this synopsis it doesn't sound like it will be anyone of consequence.

When a beloved Springfielder dies, four residents recall life events that they would like to do over. Among them: Homer bemoans selling a tech stock to purchase a bowling ball, and Marge fears that she's the reason Bart is such a rebellious child. Others wishing for a do-over are Mr. Burns, who recalls a long-ago romance with a lovely Parisienne, and newsman Kent Brockman who regrets not leaving the local station to take a job with cable news. Rachel Maddow guest stars.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It's going to be Dr. Marvin Monroe.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Martytoof posted:

It's going to be Dr. Marvin Monroe.

He was never beloved.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
And now Edna Krabappel.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Hans Moleman?
:ohdear:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

And now Edna Krabappel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsI333FjXHM

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

spacemost posted:

Hans Moleman?
:ohdear:

The man is unkillable.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

I read that they have said they won't.

Comedy answer is that the show has been on so long that they can keep the character going by just reusing old recorded lines.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Comedy answer is that the show has been on so long that they can keep the character going by just reusing old recorded lines.

Every time I read posts like this I want to throw in a Simpsons quote and then I realize I'm in the wrong thread.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Al Jean has released a statement saying that the character will be "retired" but not exactly what that meant.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Al Jean has released a statement saying that the character will be "retired" but not exactly what that meant.

Probably the same thing it meant when Phil Hartman's characters were retired. We just aren't going to see her anymore, with no mention of "why" on the show.

At this point I almost wish they'd spend some time making a really kickass series finale, and just keep it on ice until Fox decides its time to let the show die. It'd suck if one of the main actors died or became incapacitated before the show got a chance to make a proper finale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OldSenileGuy posted:

Probably the same thing it meant when Phil Hartman's characters were retired. We just aren't going to see her anymore, with no mention of "why" on the show.

That'd be kind of cold, wouldn't it?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

They'll also add a "Dedicated to the Memory of Marcia Wallace" after her last episode. There. All better.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Not really. Curious that people thing this would be the case, but I guess I can kind of understand it.

I still thing it'd be better than some kind of "my home planet needs me" sendoff.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Like they did when Michael Jackson died, Fox will re-air Bart the Lover this Sunday before the new episode.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Four Regrettings and a Funeral
SUN 11/3 at 8/7c.

Four Springfielders are prompted to try to right past regrets following the funeral of a beloved neighbor. Homer regrets selling his Apple stock to buy a bowling ball; Marge worries she caused Bart’s rebellious streak; Mr. Burns reminisces about a romance he gave up with a beautiful Parisian woman; and Kent Brockman admits he was too afraid to leave local news and follow his former partner Rachel Maddow (guest appearing as herself) to cable news. Also guest-voicing in the all-new installment is Joe Namath as himself.

I like "concept" episodes, so I have moderate expectations for this.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Oh, I love Rachel Maddow. :allears:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That sounds like WAY too much poo poo to pack into a 4 act 23 minute show.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Is Joe Namath's car gonna break down, again?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Instead of vapor lock it will be whatever happens to electric cars. Zing!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Looks like a bonus episode is on tonight at 7:30. The classic "Bart the Lover" episode plays before the new episode in honor of Marcia Wallace.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Martytoof posted:

That sounds like WAY too much poo poo to pack into a 4 act 23 minute show.

With the 4 act format I've felt just an A and B story setup can leave the B story to end too abruptly so yeah I'm kind of wondering how this one is going to go as it seems like a lot of threads.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Mister E posted:

With the 4 act format I've felt just an A and B story setup can leave the B story to end too abruptly so yeah I'm kind of wondering how this one is going to go as it seems like a lot of threads.
I had assumed this would be one of those anthology episodes where each plot is self-contained. If they're switching back and forth between four stories this is probably going to be a mess.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp, I don't know about anyone else but they're totally not showing "Bart the Lover."

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Whelp, I don't know about anyone else but they're totally not showing "Bart the Lover."

I think they're going to segway into it somehow, at least I hope so.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
How could they dangle Bart the Lover in front of us and then show us the episode where she gets together with Flanders instead? How dare they? :negative:

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Stupid Flanders...

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

OK I thought it was just Global switching out episodes for me, but at least everyone is getting this crap episode.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

"We'll really miss you, Mrs. K" :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Awwwww....

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
"We'll really miss you, Mrs. K"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
No Dwarves or Irish

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The old bait and switch.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That was a terrible couch gag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

"Magnificent Bastard: The Life of Times of Hans Moleman".

• Locked thread