Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Yeah, for a clown to pilot at the circus. White, black and gold are all you need.

I dunno a clown pilots this thing and it's pretty loving awesome dude so I dunno what your point is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

I dunno a clown pilots this thing and it's pretty loving awesome dude so I dunno what your point is

I didn't know there was this awesome of a kit for Heavyarms, I might have to buy this :ohdear:
I have a HG of the main Gundam from the first Gunpla anime that I still haven't touched too.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Demicol posted:

I didn't know there was this awesome of a kit for Heavyarms, I might have to buy this :ohdear:
I have a HG of the main Gundam from the first Gunpla anime that I still haven't touched too.

Yeah, they've done a bunch of MGs of the first versions of the Gundams from Wing if they appeared in Endless Waltz.

What's weird though is out of the EW MGs, only the Wing Zero, Deathscythe Hell, and normal Deathscythe (in a flashback) actually appear in Endless Waltz. I dunno though, as I haven't seen Wing\Endless Waltz since it came out in the states, so it's probably been 13+ years.

Maybe they'll do a Altron, Sandrock Kai and Heavyarms Kai sometime, I dunno.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Srice posted:

My bet is it will be simulcasted like AGE, aka only available if you're in southeast Asia or have access to a proxy. But maybe they'll surprise us!

Welp, I wish I didn't call it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-30/gundam-build-fighters-to-be-streamed-with-english-subs-in-limited-areas

quote:

The Gundam.info website announced on Monday that it will stream the latest Gundam television anime series, Gundam Build Fighters, as it airs in Japan. The weekly streaming will start on October 7, but it will be "limited to select geographical areas."

Sounds exactly like what happened with AGE.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I'm hoping that it'll include USA & Canada, otherwise it's a dick move that bluefin (North American distributor / part of Bandai itself) is promoting the english simulcast.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

I'm hoping that it'll include USA & Canada, otherwise it's a dick move that bluefin (North American distributor / part of Bandai itself) is promoting the english simulcast.

They did the same thing with AGE.

Giant Enemy Cliche
Oct 10, 2012

"It was then that an ominous man stood beside me with a face of ill portent."
I was going to avoid this until I saw Harry's SUMO in the preview. I've watched enough Gundam to digest another horrific sacrifice of the franchise on the altar of gunpla-cash.

UNIVAAAAAAASSSS!

Giant Enemy Cliche fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 2, 2013

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Comeon now, nothing could be siller than G gundam.

:cmon:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Build Fighters will be featuring G Gundam designs, so it's already absorbed that show's insanity as its own. :colbert:

Also since so many people seem to be watching this solely because the Sumo showed up, as a heads up this month Hobby Life Japan is restocking the 1/100 model kit of it and several other Turn A kits.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 2, 2013

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Maybe the AGE Orbital will actually be useful this time around :unsmith:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Level Slide posted:

Maybe the AGE Orbital will actually be useful this time around :unsmith:

I wouldn't hold my breath for AGE anything to get any significant showing. They appear to be quietly trying to pretend it didn't happen.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Didn't a kitbashed Vagan suit show up in the trailer fighting a repainted Lumber Gundam?

EDIT: V Well drat, and here I looked up all of the Victory Gundam suits because I thought they were the only other guys wacky enough to have tails. How did I forget Turn A? :doh:

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Oct 2, 2013

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

BlitzBlast posted:

Didn't a kitbashed Vagan suit show up in the trailer fighting a repainted Lumber Gundam?

That's an Eagail from Turn A Gundam.

You should totally watch Turn A by the way.

Also, watching the trailers again, I kind of like the electronic sound of the score. It's a definite change from the more classical or pop sound you normally get from Gundam OSTs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I wouldn't hold my breath for AGE anything to get any significant showing. They appear to be quietly trying to pretend it didn't happen.
I'm sure a couple of mechs will at least show up, since they already have the models and all.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Another design has been released. And just like that one Hyaku Shiki in Gunpla Builders,

the Akatsuki has been spray painted white. Also it has a beam gatling gun that may double as a ridiculous beam saber? I dunno.

EDIT: I think it also has the Green Frame's axe-handle gun. Wow, somebody actually remembered that thing exists.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Oct 4, 2013

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'm glad this show is going to get legal streaming in my area like AGE, though my problem with the GundamInfo stream is that it gets impossibly clogged and unwatchable due to proxies. Which is a drat shame because that channel is one of the few legal streaming choices for me :(

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Another design has been released. And just like that one Hyaku Shiki in Gunpla Builders,

the Akatsuki has been spray painted white. Also it has a beam gatling gun that may double as a ridiculous beam saber? I dunno.

EDIT: I think it also has the Green Frame's axe-handle gun. Wow, somebody actually remembered that thing exists.

I wonder if that's something the protagonist made. It's called Build Akatsuki Gundam ala Build Strike Gundam while everything else so far has a character-distinctive name.

... Man, is the Strike going to upgrade to the Akatsuki instead of the Freedom?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The Build Gundam mkII was displayed a lot earlier, so I doubt the name is indicative of anything. It's pretty possible that Sei might just gently caress around and create a ton of stuff on his way to the mid-season upgrade.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

So when we get the inevitable build strike MG, will the show have an episode dedicated to shilling it? Will his mid-season upgrade just be the same suit but almost twice the size?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Preview for the first episode:

This show sucks. :colbert:

Edit: \/\/\/ - WING, not Wing Zero.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Oct 6, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Opening up with the Gyan wrecking Wing Zero is the funniest loving way to start this show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
I just realized what this show needs.

The O vs The Exia. How many swords? Too many swords.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
This is the most honest gundam show ever made! I hope F91 is in this because it's the best gundam ever. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

HGAC Wing just got released last month. I hope this means that every time a new model is announced they'll show up in an episode. :allears:

Endorph posted:

I just realized what this show needs.

The O vs The Exia. How many swords? Too many swords.

We already had The O vs Red Frame, so you never know!

Geek U.S.A. posted:

This is the most honest gundam show ever made! I hope F91 is in this because it's the best gundam ever. :colbert:

HGUC F91 is set to hit retail pretty soon, so we probably will.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I like the detail of having wing's decapitated neck look exactly like a gundam model kits neck, complete with a ball joint.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Build Fighters will also be streamed in the USA and Canada.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

quote:

I like the detail of having wing's decapitated neck look exactly like a gundam model kits neck, complete with a ball joint.

This is amazing and the best laugh I've had in a while.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Monaghan posted:

The last iteration of this concept had one of the fighters lose because the lovely polycap in his leg broke, so I'm not really surprised.

Now I just want to see Unicorn show up, have it go into destroy mode and have the entire loving model fall to pieces because the transformation mechanic is a piece of poo poo.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9H1u1zFVNc

Simulcast link for at least the US, maybe other regions.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Ramba Ral is in this show. If it keeps things up this show might turn into one of my favorite Gundam shows.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Holy gently caress Ramba Ral out of nowhere.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You better not be yanking our chains Bandai. :mad:

EDIT: Ahahahaha and they immediately plug HGAC Wing, this is everything I thought it would be.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Ethiser posted:

Ramba Ral is in this show. If it keeps things up this show might turn into one of my favorite Gundam shows.

Ramba loving Ral was a really pleasant surprise. I rather enjoyed this first episode.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pretty cool that the official stream was in 720p, I was expecting 480 at best.

The action was fairly well done and the Ramba Ral cameo was great. I got what I expected out of the show.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well that was a pretty great first episode actually. Battles were nifty, Ramba Ral out of nowhere, and the music was cool, if somewhat unexpected at first.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Watched this with the faint but present hope that they might actually have some fun with the concept, maybe some sly commentary on the obsessive-compulsive hyperconsumerism that underpins the Gunpla phenomenon, or some gentle satire of the sorts of personalities that consider the filling of shelves with little multicolored plastic robots to be a noble and worthy ambition, even some acknowledgement of the utter shamelessness of the show itself.

But nope, it's pretty much just "buy our playsets and toys." Oh well, can't say that this came as any great shock. This is a show being made for a particular kind of audience, the likes of which would not appear to include me.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
That was silly. This show is silly.

I kind of liked the way the other Build show did the Gundam battles more. An arcade machine that scanned your models seems like something that would exist in the real world, instead of the goofy poo poo this show is doing.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I know this is essentially a 24 minute ad, but I wasn't expecting literal marketing techniques to be discussed.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

All I can think of is how much time and effort it takes to build and paint a model and make it really look good, only for them to completely trash them in Gunpla Battles. They're not cheap, either.

No, the fact that they pretty much use anime magic to make their gunpla come alive isn't the part that's bothering me and breaking my suspension of disbelief, it's the fact that anybody would wanna do it when there's a 50/50 chance that model you spent so much time on is gonna get destroyed.

I'd imagine if somebody blew up a MG Sazabi or The O the other person would probably be so livid they'd jump over the table and punch them in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I actually really liked it for that very reason. If you look at the aftermath it's just popping them apart at the joints, so no physical damage beyond possibly chipped paint (which you could see did happen) and I felt bad for the lil dude since they had just played up how much effort he put into it. It's pretty much super advanced Warhammer right down to "Yo, jackass, get your horrible ham hands off my model!" and player attitudes.

• Locked thread