Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not sure if I should be worried that Bandai will give up on serious Gundam shows if this is popular or hope that they do, any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Silentman0 posted:

Your first Gundam model should not be an MG. Get the HG, then decide if you think it's fun, and then move on to MG's later.

My first Gundam model was the MG Turn-A and I didn't have much of a problem with it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Holy gently caress Ramba Ral out of nowhere.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BlitzBlast posted:

EDIT: Man, I liked Gundam X. What's with all the hate? :smith:

Most people who haven't seen it only know it as the Gundam show so bad it got cancelled, forgetting that First Gundam was also unpopular until the movies and got cancelled, though they had chance to finish off the story in a more satisfactory way.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DrManiac posted:

[e] Now that I think about it I actually had a gundam model (and couple zoids for some reason) as a kid because my local dollar store had a bunch for what ever reason. I think it was a Wing a few years after they stopped showing it on toonami.

For a while when Wing was semi-popular in the West you could find some of the low grade kits just hanging out in normal toy shops.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I could suddenly go for a nice cool can of Sports Drink.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm DEFINITELY buying the MG Sengoku Astray now. That was an awesome fight.

Yeah, I had the HG ordered because it looked cool/silly but I'm definitely switching to the MG.

Gundam Build Fighters: working as intended.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bimmi posted:

I know goons tend to flip out when someone gets feminist chocolate in their nerd peanut butter, but insinuating that characters like Kycilia Zabi or Matilda Ajane or even the Shrike Team are anywhere near as badly written as Kirara or China is just loving bonkers.

Are they better or worse than the Bikini Suicide Squad? I need to update my sexist Gundam poo poo list, tia.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha, thier crazy Wings of Light system totally looked like a beam cape when it first started up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pimpmust posted:

I was disappointed when the reveal turned out to not be that lanky & all wrongly proportioned Zaku from that cheap-rear end original Gundam episode :saddowns:

Still chuckling at the image of all the characters going :wtc: at seeing that

It was the '70s maaaaan, you weren't there.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Caros posted:

It also really bugged me that they didn't take a pot shot at the BaCue at the end there.

Same, just loving shoot it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zebra Gundam was kind of racist. :/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Build Fighters - Plastic Fantastic

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well, I guess if there was Gunpla Mafia there'd have to be Gunpla police.

Also, Cutey Honey was the last thing I was expecting to get a reference in this show.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6IBs_q0XfQ

Nils uses Hokuto Shinken.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Leper Colon V posted:

I don't know what Gundam I'm going to watch after this. The only other one I've ever seen start-to-finish is G Gundam. I'd been considering either 08 or finally watching Wing, but the fandom for the latter has driven me away for the better part of two decades. Maybe I'll start with Mobile Suit Gundam and move my way forward? But which ones do I watch, then? I don't have nearly enough free time to watch all of them.

Watch Turn A Gundam, unless you really want a traditional Gundam show. If free time is a factor you can get away with Mobile Suit Gundam movies > Zeta Gundam (TV series, NOT MOVIES) > Char's Counterattack.

Or just watch 0080 and 8th MS Team OAV's, they're both pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Levantine posted:

I imagine it would look something like the climax of the 1986 Transformers movie and that gets me pretty pumped.

Set it to 'Dare' AKA the pinnacle of all human creation and you've got a deal.

VVVVV I have tears in my eyes right now.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 20, 2014

• Locked thread