Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Meet the Belchers! (From left to right)

Louise (Kristen Schaal) - "You're the worst kind of autistic!" - Louise is the youngest daughter of the family. She is also the funniest and best of the children. Her hobbies include loving with everyone, which is never not hilarious. She wears the pink ears for reasons that are rumored to be explained in the upcoming season.

Gene (Eugene Mirman) - "Channel Six News, they'll finger anything with a pulse!" - Gene is the middle kid and only male child. His shtick can be a bit grating at times, but the thing to remember is that it's part of the joke: He is annoying as hell.

Bob Belcher (H. Jon Benjamin) - "Listen, you're my children and I love you but you're all terrible at what you do here and I feel like I should tell you, I'd fire all of you if I could." - Bob is the father of the Belcher family and owner of the titular restaurant. He is the straight man of the family who just wants to own a burger restaurant

Tina (Dan Mintz) - "If boys had uteruses, they'd be called 'duderuses'" - Tina is the creepy older daughter of the family, who has a crush on Jimmy Pesto Jr. (the son of Bob's chief rival, Jimmy Pesto). She also tends to have erotic dreams about zombies and writes pages upon pages of erotic fan fiction (of which I will post screencaps as soon as I dig them out of the old thread).

Linda (John Roberts [Not the Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court]) - "No one sheds like this family, it's like a bunch of Chewbaccas." - Linda is the mother of the children and the wife of Bob. Most of her plotlines involve her doing something new, but not knowing how to go about it, which usually leads to disaster. She's my least favorite character, but in the sense that she's "least best".

This show is awesome as all hell and you literally need to watch it, if you haven't already started. I strongly recommend watching the season 1 episode Sheesh! Cab, Bob? first, because it's the first truly great episode. Other people also found the pilot to be a really good episode on which to start, so I strongly recommend you watch every episode. They're all great, really. I can't think of a single episode that I hate, which is not true for very many shows which I watch.

I hope everyone enjoys this rerun of last season's OP. I'm going to update it soon with better quotes, but I'm currently on vacation and haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

Anyway, here's the good information: It has been renewed for a fifth season by FOX. And tonight's episode's description is as follows:

quote:

The family faces the wilderness on a camping adventure, but Bob and Linda accidentally get sent downstream.

Anyway, please enjoy the thread, sorry I'm a poo poo OP and enjoy tonight's program!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I got surprised this week when I saw an ad showing that the season premier was going to be tonight.

So excited this is back.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Finally, my reason to turn on the TV on Sunday evenings is back.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I love the fact we have threads for AD, Simpsons and Bob's only. The omission is rather telling.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Mokinokaro posted:

I love the fact we have threads for AD, Simpsons and Bob's only. The omission is rather telling.

Well, if the people who make the show aren't going to put in an effort, why should we?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Bob's Burgers season premiere and the series finale of Breaking Bad in one night. The greatest night in TV history.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
There's an error in the OP. Tina, not Louise, is the funniest and best character.

A Boring Story
Mar 27, 2008

We're not going to Catalina, are we?
Somewhere around the Topsy episode, I realized this was my favorite comedy on TV right now. So glad we're getting at least 40 or so new episodes.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I only finished binging this serious a couple weeks ago. I'm so lucky :neckbeard:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Time Cowboy posted:

There's an error in the OP. Tina, not Louise, is the funniest and best character.

Uuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hockles posted:

So excited this is back.

Me too. I know who I am in this thread. I'm "The Burger".

Korbin
Nov 13, 2009

SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG SWAG
Oh good, this starts before Breaking Bad. I was worried I would miss half the episode.

Captain Vittles
Feb 12, 2008

I'm not a nerd! I'm a video game enthusiast.

Time Cowboy posted:

That's a weird way to spell Teddy.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
How can anyone not like Linda?! Everytime she opens her mouth is the most amazing thing. "When I die I want you to cremate me and throw my ashes in Tom Selleck's face."

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

polish sausage posted:

How can anyone not like Linda?!

Where's Mommy's gun?!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Time Cowboy posted:

Where's Mommy's gun?!

"I told you you'd like stealing!"

"Nnnnhahaha, I do!"

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Mommy doesn't get drunk, mommy just has fun.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Here goes the hair
There goes the hair
Where is Harry Truman?
He's dead in the ground
He's dead in the ground, dead dead dead dead dead

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

If you're not real
Then how come I feel this way

Little babies!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I used to really hate Linda when I started watching this, but somehow she's grown on me. Like a fungus. Someone randomly linked this video which is stupid and hilarious and helped me like her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4c38Q7sYc

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

A Boring Story posted:

Somewhere around the Topsy episode, I realized this was my favorite comedy on TV right now. So glad we're getting at least 40 or so new episodes.

They got renewed for that many? That's pretty loving awesome.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Shyfted One posted:

They got renewed for that many? That's pretty loving awesome.

They've got S4 just starting, and a few days ago announced they were renewed for S5 already.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
IT'S HERE!!!!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Who needs tandem bicycles anyway?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Yes, we're killing an eagle!

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Meshuggah reference? Seriously? :black101:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mount Wang. Hehehe.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nature boner?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nature boner! Yes!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh god doomsday survivalists.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
So this is what Tim Thomas has been doing the past year.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Do it Bob, diarhhea in the hot spring!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Please let a Deliverance reference hit soon

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Linda's screaming is hilarious all on its own.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Tyrone Biggums posted:

Do it Bob, diarhhea in the hot spring!

I was totally waiting for that.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
What the hell is wrong with that river

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
YEAH LET'S GET OUR TUBES TIED

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The whole "wolf Gene" conversation is why Bob and Linda are perfect for each other.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
BORROW EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T NAILED DOWN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yay new song!

• Locked thread