Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24622002/nba-2k15-releases-kevin-durant-cover-pharrell-to-produce-soundtrack

Just replace every song with the Grindin' beat and it's already an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I don't know how anyone plays MyCareer on anything higher than All Star. I started my first career on All Star but was a bit put off by how easy it was for my 70 rated PG to put up 40 PPG. So I started over on Hall on Fame and went 0-19 with the 76ers (playing every game, 12 min quarters). It felt really cheesy how many 3's the CPU would hit, how poor my players would close out on defense, and how I'd be out rebounded by 10-20 rebounds every single game. So I started over again, this time on Superstar, and again started the season 0-21 with the Mavericks. I had some close games but could never finish anyone off.

So after being kinda put off by MyCareer mode, I decided to give it one last go on All Star and so far I'm really loving it. Played about 100 games so far, earned enough VC to upgrade my guy to 90 overall, and became a legitimate star. I still hate how it feels like I can take over the game at any time by playing a ton of isolation basketball but when I focus on playing more team basketball (learning my team's playbook made this go smooth) it's very rewarding at this difficulty. Good teams and good players present a threat and a challenge, while my team plays good enough D and hits enough open looks to feel realistic. There's still weird things that happen but for me All Star is the best difficulty for sim style play.

Also, I can't recommend enough using PlayVision and Auto playcalling until you get a good grip on your team's playbook. I don't like all the graphics on the floor and stuff, especially on Full (MY IMMERSION) but it helped tremendously to know where I'm supposed to be, who's coming open, and how to keep my players moving around and keep the defense guessing, instead of standing around the perimeter and dribbling until the shot clock winds down and heaving up a terrible 3 attempt. Just being in the right place at the right time will make your offense perform infinitely more efficiently. And once you learn enough plays to know your role you can always turn PlayVision off and get rid of the awful graphics and overlays all over the court. I'm really enjoying this mode a lot now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

frenton posted:

I don't know how anyone plays MyCareer on anything higher than All Star. I started my first career on All Star but was a bit put off by how easy it was for my 70 rated PG to put up 40 PPG. So I started over on Hall on Fame and went 0-19 with the 76ers (playing every game, 12 min quarters). It felt really cheesy how many 3's the CPU would hit, how poor my players would close out on defense, and how I'd be out rebounded by 10-20 rebounds every single game. So I started over again, this time on Superstar, and again started the season 0-21 with the Mavericks. I had some close games but could never finish anyone off.

So after being kinda put off by MyCareer mode, I decided to give it one last go on All Star and so far I'm really loving it. Played about 100 games so far, earned enough VC to upgrade my guy to 90 overall, and became a legitimate star. I still hate how it feels like I can take over the game at any time by playing a ton of isolation basketball but when I focus on playing more team basketball (learning my team's playbook made this go smooth) it's very rewarding at this difficulty. Good teams and good players present a threat and a challenge, while my team plays good enough D and hits enough open looks to feel realistic. There's still weird things that happen but for me All Star is the best difficulty for sim style play.

Also, I can't recommend enough using PlayVision and Auto playcalling until you get a good grip on your team's playbook. I don't like all the graphics on the floor and stuff, especially on Full (MY IMMERSION) but it helped tremendously to know where I'm supposed to be, who's coming open, and how to keep my players moving around and keep the defense guessing, instead of standing around the perimeter and dribbling until the shot clock winds down and heaving up a terrible 3 attempt. Just being in the right place at the right time will make your offense perform infinitely more efficiently. And once you learn enough plays to know your role you can always turn PlayVision off and get rid of the awful graphics and overlays all over the court. I'm really enjoying this mode a lot now.

I'm sorry if you aren't playing this game like you are JR Smith or Swaggy P put into Lebron James' body then you aren't doing it right.

Regularly getting 50-15-10(steals) games on All-Star(12 minute Quarters)(I suck at getting Rebounds, also a point guard). Is pretty great.

I also play this game too much and have just about mastered manipulating the AI to throw stupid passes.

In all seriousness, yeah that style of play can be fun, but I could never get through an entire season playing like that

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Is there any news about 15 yet??

Hoping for a better Park mode.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

sba posted:

Is there any news about 15 yet??

Hoping for a better Park mode.

They said that they're gonna start announcing stuff next week.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Anything to the rumor that 2K15's PC version will be on parity with next gen?

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp
Is there anyone as addicted to the MyTEAM mode as me? since I bought the game I've gotten '91 Jordan/Dr. J/Gary Payton and just recently Magic Johnson/Hakeem/LeBron/Melo. I literally broke my PS4 the day after pulling LeBron and Melo. 6 to 9 more days til I can play with my overpowered fantasy team I spent wreckless amounts of money on. The worst part about spending all that money is 2k15 comes out in 2 months. A compensation system of some sort would really make the hurt not so bad, but 2k knows people (including me) will pay another $60 as a baseline to build another team that costs outlandish amounts of real money.

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.
So, I'll be posting about 2k12.

Things in the united states must be honky dory in 2k world as Barack Obama has the time to coach the Denver Nuggets.

He's doing a pretty good job as the Nuggets got to the western conference finals.

Edit: word

Edit 2: Has anyone gotten a quintuple double yet? I've gotten really close a couple of times.

Tailwhoop fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Aug 2, 2014

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Mandrel posted:

Anything to the rumor that 2K15's PC version will be on parity with next gen?

This was announced today:

http://www.operationsports.com/news/755672/the-pc-version-of-nba-2k15-will-feature-everything-the-ps4-and-xbox-one-versions-have/

Also, this was last week, for the people who care way too much about association mode :v:
http://www.operationsports.com/features/1930/nba-2k15-myleague-interview/

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I expected franchise to be a frustrating online only IAP ridden mess again, but it looks like they changed absolutely everything that's ever bugged me about that mode. Also the soundtrack has Ratatat, which is fantastic because if I hear that Imagine Dragons one more time I'm going to lose my goddamn mind.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
So PC version will allegedly exceed the graphics of ps4/Xbone I guess?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nba-2k15-pc-boasts-better-graphics-than-ps4-xbox-o/1100-6421702/

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

FIFA 15 is doing the same thing so I'm not shocked but I am pleasantly surprised. Hopefully the online features are all there too

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Chris de Sperg posted:

FIFA 15 is doing the same thing so I'm not shocked but I am pleasantly surprised. Hopefully the online features are all there too

Its been announced that it will be fully featured

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

One of the only things I want is being able to pick & choose what games I play in MyPlayer. Having the only choices be "play the very next game" or "sim everything for 2 months because you got drafted to a lovely team and they don't play a pre-determined 'rival' until after Christmas" is not acceptable.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish 2k14 had any real patches on 360/PS3. I can't believe they never fixed the alley oop not working with the old controls. I don't have an Xbox One or PS4 so this might be the first time I don't get the game since 2k8. One day I'll get a next gen console and be able to have my player wear a clown nose in press conferences.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

quote:

How will injury effects be handled in the mode? Can we change the type of injury someone gets or adjust the amount of time a player is inured?

This question allows me to introduce one of many new features that weve created for NBA 2K15. Injuries have been completely re-written for NBA 2K15; internally we like to call the new system Injuries 2.0. Historically, players in our game had a single Durability rating that would define how likely they were to get injured. When a player then got injured, a body part would randomly get chosen. Not great.

With Injuries 2.0, every player has a unique durability rating for 16 different body parts (think left foot, right foot, left ankle, right ankle, etc.). This level of control allows us to pick a player like Russell Westbrook and say that he has a right knee with a significantly higher chance of getting injured than his left knee, or any other body part for that issue. In short, player injuries are going to be a lot more relevant, and a lot less random.

Body parts are going to wear down over the course of a career, as more miles are put on the body. Significant injuries to a body part will often shorten the lifespan of that body part before it becomes a real problem later in a players career. These injuries, depending on the severity, can forever change a player. Some players will never get back to their former selves after they blow out a knee, for example. NBA 2K15 also introduces the concept of career ending injuries to our game. In truth, they dont happen very often (as they shouldnt!), but they do happen. Players with continued injury problems to a body part will feel those aches and pains and retire at an earlier age than a player who has managed to stay relatively healthy throughout their career.

When a player gets hurt, youll often (not always) see him nurse that body part back to health with the aid of an accessory. Sleeves on elbows, pads on knees. Its small, but its cool to see when you are playing the game. And when a player returns from an injury, he doesnt necessarily come back 100% right away (injury length obviously drives this one). Players will need playing time to work their game back to its optimal level. Injuries are no longer like on/off light switches, you will now have to deal all facets of what it means when one of your players gets injured.

Getting back to the original question at-hand, we keyed in on the sandbox philosophy of MyLEAGUE and allow you to customize the frequency of User/CPU injuries in addition to how much those injuries affect a players ratings. Heck, you can even turn injuries off all together, but do you really want to do that after you just read all of the above?

One more thing on body durabilities. They will a be thing when it comes to how you scout draft prospects throughout the season as our Prospect Scouting feature got a major overhaul this year. Well be talking more about that later this summer. The game in scouting rookies is back, and we think you will love it.

Yesssssss

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Prospect scouting needed a huge overhaul, that is awesome.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I just want to switch Prospect Scouting to automatic and actually have the game scout prospects for me

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.

Lockback posted:

Yesssssss

This will be neat until I suffer that career ending injury. Then I'll hate it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tailwhoop posted:

This will be neat until I suffer that career ending injury. Then I'll hate it.

After you spend 95% of your career trying to get to the team you want.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

So apparently Inside the NBA is going to be in 2k15?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Mandrel posted:

So apparently Inside the NBA is going to be in 2k15?

Very likely but so far the only ones who have any connection are EJ and Shaq, so likely no Charles.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I've got about 6 games left in my first my career season. Are there any more good cut scenes or is it just straight playing until the end? I've enjoyed the game but 75 games is by far the farthest I've ever gotten in a non-nhl sports game.

Tailwhoop
Oct 18, 2008

Luigi to Kobe's Mario.
Finally got a quintuple-double. Funny how the game doesn't even recognize it and says I only got a quadruple-double.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I don't know how many of you may have already seen this but if you haven't you need to check it out. Jon Bois, the Breaking Madden guy at SBNation, using NBA 2K14 on 360 creates draft classes of nothing but 5'3" 145lb guys with the worst ratings he can manage, calling them the "Doomsday players," and sees what the league can devolve into. It is utterly fascinating.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/3/5772796/nba-y2k-series-finale-the-death-of-basketball

beejay fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 24, 2014

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

As a fellow roster sperg, I really enjoyed that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So Greenmangaming was having a top 50 must-have games sale and I laughed when NBA 2k13 was in it and not 2k14. I might try out 2k13 again because I've been unconsciously doing all the moves that just short-circuit the AI even on HoF mode.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
if they are not going to use the current 2k game then at least make 2k11 as your must have basketball game sheesh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

2k15 Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_cRqUP9jiU

Well played 2k :golfclap:

Lebron Dunking over Shabazz Napier is god tier trolling.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
gently caress, now I have PTSD for why I don't pine over the loss of 2k13. I miss stuff like double-tap eurostep but I don't miss bullshit like your teammates not knowing how the gently caress to ever get out of the paint after a pick and roll.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Zombie Ernie is terrifying and Shaq is grating.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
It doesn't look like they did much to improve Damian Lillard's face this time around. I really don't want to have to buy Live 15 just for buzzer beater mean mug.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

KD actually seems to actually look and move like KD now, which is nice. Big improvement on the past games, where he looked like some kind of weird short-armed center with his sliders tweaked to make him move faster

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
New article out today about the improvements to MyGM mode:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/n...hise-modes.aspx

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
NBA Live delayed again, water wet, sky blue, etc:

http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2014/obes-open-letter-3

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The latest 2k video mentions some new mode called The Stage that will be exclusive to PS4 until November 7. No other details. Also 10,000 free funbucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNOxuPMAu9I

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
We announced some info about the best mode in the game today:

Its MyTeam :ssh:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1959/nba-2k15-myteam-interview/

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

We announced some info about the best mode in the game today:

Its MyTeam :ssh:

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1959/nba-2k15-myteam-interview/

They still doing the thing where certain players cost VC to use? I liked "The Show's" implementation that good players could only be used for a limited time, I hated the aspect of having to spend more than you can make to field a team.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Will there be a nba 2k15 thread soon since it comes out on October 7th? I look forward to cries of the new injury system loving over your created player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Will there be a nba 2k15 thread soon since it comes out on October 7th? I look forward to cries of the new injury system loving over your created player.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3664845&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

First page and everything.

• Locked thread