Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The feature wouldn't be so annoying if the 2k official roster makers weren't pants-on retarded

Oh hey, Steve Nash out with an injury. You know, the same injury that's been existing for the past 2 weeks that you just added, hurrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I love how my MyCharacter scores 30+ points a game and is still a 6th man. :smith:

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

tonic316 posted:

I love how my MyCharacter scores 30+ points a game and is still a 6th man. :smith:

It took me forever just to get off the bench and actually into a game. The very worst was when Michael Carter-Williams went down with an injury in the first quarter of a game. Great, I thought, this is my chance. Instead they played Tony Wroten the entire rest of the game, which I could not skip or exit out of. I finally got to play the next game and dropped 30+ points with a triple double, and yet Thaddeus Young still stopped me in the tunnel after the game to tell me this was his team and not to get in the way. That part actually kind of owned.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
the MyCareer on next gen sucks, I have a 90 in 3pt shooting and I'm shooting 10%, I'm assuming it's gimping me because LEARNING and poo poo.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Inside Outside posted:

It took me forever just to get off the bench and actually into a game. The very worst was when Michael Carter-Williams went down with an injury in the first quarter of a game. Great, I thought, this is my chance. Instead they played Tony Wroten the entire rest of the game, which I could not skip or exit out of. I finally got to play the next game and dropped 30+ points with a triple double, and yet Thaddeus Young still stopped me in the tunnel after the game to tell me this was his team and not to get in the way. That part actually kind of owned.

Hey 76ers buddy :hfive: I was on them for about 20 games playing 6th man eventually the entire time. I got them to #1 in their division and had myself traded to the Suns (I live in AZ). They have now lost 3. Maybe next time they will think about not starting me. I hope I can start soon for the suns because not being a starter is annoying.

sba posted:

the MyCareer on next gen sucks, I have a 90 in 3pt shooting and I'm shooting 10%, I'm assuming it's gimping me because LEARNING and poo poo.

How is your release timing? I have an 85 in mid shot rating and I can nail mid shots like it's a layup.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

tonic316 posted:

Hey 76ers buddy :hfive: I was on them for about 20 games playing 6th man eventually the entire time. I got them to #1 in their division and had myself traded to the Suns (I live in AZ). They have now lost 3. Maybe next time they will think about not starting me. I hope I can start soon for the suns because not being a starter is annoying.

I was drafted by the 76ers, too, and also want to get traded to the Suns. How did you get them to do this?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just fyi to anyone eyeing the Lock Down Defense signature, don't. Its a waste of XP

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

tonic316 posted:

How is your release timing? I have an 85 in mid shot rating and I can nail mid shots like it's a layup.

Unchanged from the 360 version...

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

jabro posted:

I was drafted by the 76ers, too, and also want to get traded to the Suns. How did you get them to do this?

Around 20-25 games in you can ask for a trade. I am a SG averaging 27 points a game, 2.5 assists, 3 rebounds and I was given a list of teams and their interest in me. I picked the Suns who had a giant green bar and the Heat who had no interest at all (small red bar) and that was it. You can select up to 3 teams but I only did two and the Suns traded Archie Goodwin for me.

sba posted:

Unchanged from the 360 version...

I don't know what that means? Does it say excellent every time?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Threes have always been a bit weird in my opinion. It seems like they're significantly harder to make than even a long 2, to the point where a player with 99 in 3-pt shooting and the two main shooting skills will still only shoot like 50-60% in any game. I mean, it'd be a bit silly if you could go like 8/10 every single game, but you'd think that you'd be able to have a great game every once in a while or at least make 4-5 in a row once a month. Instead, if I've made two threes in a row then there's like a 10% chance that I'll hit my next one, no matter how wide open I am. As opposed to mid/long range shots where having a 99 rating means you're automatic and can shoot 75% without breaking a sweat.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
In the 360 version I have a SG with 82 in 3pt and I am shooting around 40% and frequently have games where I go 5 for 6 or 7 for 9 or the like. I also have games where I go 1 for 6.

Couple things if you are having trouble. This year they seemed to have mostly fixed the weird situation where if a guy was guarding you but not right up in your grill it would call it a wide open shot. If your man is still on you, even if he doesn't contest, you'll lose % on your shot.

Also, try and shoot out of a catch-and-shoot. If you dribble into your shot, it'll take into account your "Shoot off Dribble" stats which will hurt you. That can be a pain in the rear end if your guy likes to catch it 2 feet from the line. I've found its usually better to take a Curry-range 3 than dribble up the couple of feet though.

Also, I've noticed your character gets fatigued quicker and the effects are more prounounced. The "Gatorade" skill thing helped me a lot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

Just fyi to anyone eyeing the Lock Down Defense signature, don't. Its a waste of XP

It was useless last year as well if you know how to sag properly, although it's more obvious this year because blocking is so much easier to do.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

sba posted:

I sucked until I switched to shooting with a button instead of the right analog stick. I think I am shooting about 46% for the season. My guy seems to be money from straight on and set, and he's more erratic in other situations.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Why are you bullying me Anderson Varejao?

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Have any of the guys that are chosen to be assholes in MyCareer ever said anything about it on twitter or anything? I got picked up by the Bucks and it's Caron Butler who is the rear end trying to make you wear a clown nose/etc.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ExCruceLeo posted:

Have any of the guys that are chosen to be assholes in MyCareer ever said anything about it on twitter or anything? I got picked up by the Bucks and it's Caron Butler who is the rear end trying to make you wear a clown nose/etc.

I chose to wear the clown nose and I think some people mentioned it on twitter. I was also asked about the clown nose in a press conference and ignore it saying "I don't know what you're talking about".

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I think he means the real twitter. :shobon:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

I think he means the real twitter. :shobon:

Oh haha :3:. I think it's the team captains that do it. Is Thadius Young considered the 76ers leader? He was the one who asked me to wear it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

tonic316 posted:

Oh haha :3:. I think it's the team captains that do it. Is Thadius Young considered the 76ers leader? He was the one who asked me to wear it.

Jason Richardson asked me wear it on the 76ers while Young is my mentor of sorts practicing with me and giving me advice.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

jabro posted:

Jason Richardson asked me wear it on the 76ers while Young is my mentor of sorts practicing with me and giving me advice.

You're right that's what it did to me now that I think about it.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

haha Yeah I guess I should have clarified I meant the real deal.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I'm curious if they tweet about their ratings in the game. It has to suck to be "that guy" with a lovely rating in nba 2k14.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lockback posted:

I'd be willing to bet the game will look identical, but that is a good point.

This post :3:

I just got this game for the PS4 and I'm having an issue with the sound cutting out a minute or so into a quick play game. It even disables sound on the PS4 UI until I restart the console. I understand there's some weirdness with the PS4 working with some surround sound systems but I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem. I'm connected to the ss through an optical cable and I can get sound if I turn up my tv speakers so the HDMI is passing the sound fine. If swapping the optical cable doesn't fix it then I'm not sure what to do. Besides that issue the game is fantastic. The graphics and animations are ridiculous and the presentation is almost perfection. I just want my surround sound :(

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

tonic316 posted:

I'm curious if they tweet about their ratings in the game. It has to suck to be "that guy" with a lovely rating in nba 2k14.

Since NFL players constantly do it I would say yes.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Is this stuff about the clown nose a console thing? Cause I don't get that on pc.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

joshtothemaxx posted:

Is this stuff about the clown nose a console thing? Cause I don't get that on pc.

Its a next-gen thing

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

joshtothemaxx posted:

PC is just 2k13 with a better looking lebron and a different soundtrack. Thanks for the money!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

PC is just 2k13 with a better looking lebron and a different soundtrack. Thanks for the money!

At least it only cost 30 bucks for the PC. Anyone's that paid 60 bucks for the PS3/Xbox version got ripped off hard.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
Has 2k said anything about adding back in the ability to simulate to the next key game on the first season of MyCareer on the next gen versions? I'm thinking about just giving upon it and going to MyGM since I don't have the patience to play every single game.

Edit: vvvvv Yeah I figured as much. I don't even care about my current player since I've only made it to the 23rd game of the season and it feels like it's been forever. I'm just hoping for a fix somehow. vvvvvvv

Yar The Pirate fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 26, 2013

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Yar The Pirate posted:

Has 2k said anything about adding back in the ability to simulate to the next key game on the first season of MyCareer on the next gen versions? I'm thinking about just giving upon it and going to MyGM since I don't have the patience to play every single game.

Even if they do, I doubt it'll take effect in a saved MyCareer game. You'd have to start a new one to get the feature.

Anyone with more knowledge on that stuff, am I talking out of my rear end?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
If I remember correctly, you should have the option once you hit your second season, but I can't say for certain.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
So I am getting to the point where I should probably go from Rookie to Pro. Winning games by 20-40 points sometimes, scoring at will. But I'm afraid I'll get destroyed on defense. Right now I don't do any defense plays besides guard the guy I am assigned to and occasionally double team someone. I can't stop inside passes for the life of me and guys will get around me and to the hole here and there. What should I do to improve this and is there another way besides yelling into a mic I can call defense plays as a SG? And will I get destroyed in PRO with my lovely defense?

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

The thing that I had to realize on defense is that there are guys you can get up in their face and try to steal the ball and there are guys you have to stay backed off from because they will cut around you quick as poo poo and score. Are you putting points into your defense? Even adding a few to ball stealing / on ball defense helps a lot.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ExCruceLeo posted:

The thing that I had to realize on defense is that there are guys you can get up in their face and try to steal the ball and there are guys you have to stay backed off from because they will cut around you quick as poo poo and score. Are you putting points into your defense? Even adding a few to ball stealing / on ball defense helps a lot.

I did in the beginning. I also find if you go to double team at the wrong time the computer capitalizes on that hard.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
EA has a kind of embarrassing open letter about Live up on their site.

quote:

We’re not going to stop there. You’ve also let us know that you’re disappointed by the graphics and animations, and I can tell you that we are committed to making drastic and immediate improvements. In order to get gameplay up and running this year we had to prioritize. We felt authentic gameplay, control and the connected experience would provide the best foundation for the future. As a result, game visuals and animation polish suffered. Improvements on these fronts are also in development now for NBA LIVE 14. You will notice in the coming weeks and months that the game’s visuals and animation will improve significantly.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

So they're going to scan all the NBA players heads in the coming months and then implement it in an update? I wouldn't hold my breath.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Oh hush, that was before they started showing screenshots or even revealed that it was a significantly different game. I'd also point out that the first videos of the game looked nicer than the actual gameplay ended up being.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lockback posted:

Oh hush, that was before they started showing screenshots or even revealed that it was a significantly different game. I'd also point out that the first videos of the game looked nicer than the actual gameplay ended up being.

Just messing with you man, no hard feelings!

I don't know, I kind of like that they did that. I have zero interest in Live but at least they're being honest and acknowledging that they hosed up. If they actually do work on it and update it then everyone wins.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don't know, I kind of like that they did that. I have zero interest in Live but at least they're being honest and acknowledging that they hosed up. If they actually do work on it and update it then everyone wins.

If they can drastically improve the graphics and gameplay within a few weeks, it's kind of lovely that they didn't just have it done for launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

It's also lovely that they released a lovely game and charged full price. The best part is they say they started work on this game 12 months ago but... they haven't put out a game since 2010. What have they been doing?

• Locked thread