Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

YeehawMcKickass posted:

This may be wrong (because the gods are a pain in the rear end), but I've heard an explanation that says that the gods DON'T trigger evolve because they land as enchantments.

Any rules gurus to clear things up?

I'm not making any claims to being a rules guru, but the gods are worded as "if your devotion is less than five, ~ isn't a creature." It would seem that if you have the proper devotion when you land a god it triggers evolve. The card type is enchantment creature and the check is to make it not a creature. Makes sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

netcat posted:

I'm mostly kidding but it does sort of paint a target on you, and it's a bit annoying to remember it with everything else going on.

Rhystic study is an amazing card and you really should be running one if you are in blue. The target it paints on you is minor compared to some of the other things you can do in that format, and some people actually want you to draw cards for some reason (recurring insight, perhaps). You are usually limited to ~7 cards anyway. If you have a reliquary tower out then it probably presents a bigger target, but it is still minor. Sire of insanity, mirari's wake, Sheoldred, and any number of other things present much larger threats than some card advantage in a format where everyone has card advantage of some sort.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Taeke posted:

I'm looking for a bunch of creatures (that aren't too expensive, preferably cheaper than 2 or 3 euros each) for my Grand Arbiter deck. I need them to actually be able to damage my opponents and win and all I've got right now are a few good legends and cheap stuff like Serra Angel, which don't really cut it. I'm thinking Flash and Suspend work best, because I want/need to keep as much of my mana open during my opponents turns so I can actually use my counterspells and stuff.

This is my deck so far as it is now, more or less:
Deck: Motion Denied
I'm not really very good at price limitations, so I apologize if this is all worthless due to budgetary issues.

Lands: Hallowed fountain seems like a good inclusion, it's pretty cheap right now. Tundra goes without saying but is also a million dollars so I can see forgoing it. I don't know what prices look like in Europe though, so the fountain might also be too expensive.

Artifacts: Looks like you mostly want mana rocks and acceleration in here. Play sol ring. Azorius keyrune seems like a decent inclusion and doubles as a small beater. Burnished hart gives you two lands and if you can get some recursion you get more than that. The omnipresent gilded lotus, thran dynamo, and assorted monoliths are also options. If you're looking for a theme of making your opponents really dislike you/making it really hard for them to do things you can look into things like ensnaring bridge, Crawlspace, Portcullis (this in particular is a hilarious pile of shenanigans), or sands of time (this just makes the game weird). Isochron scepter plays well with value instants.

Instants/sorceries: Get a copy of dissolve from the theros and replace cancel with it. Rewind might be worth playing. Play brainstorm. You have a lot of things in here that destroy attacking/blocking creatures. This seems less desirable than just making people unable to attack you. If you have the option to grab a supreme verdict that's also a solid boardwipe. On the expensive end is cryptic command, it's good but also a lot of dollars/euros. Gridlock and turnabout are good for tapping someone down during their turn and they also combo well with sunblast angel.

Enchantments: Nevermore seems really narrow in EDH unless you have a real problem card you know an opponent is playing. Soul tithe is also a little weak, mana in EDH gets out of control really fast so even if you end up playing it on something like Crosis they'll either pay or bin it and have a way to get it back through some sort of graveyard interaction. Returning to what I said above collective restraint, sphere of safety, and propaganda make attacking you miserable. Enchantment based removal is good and makes sphere of safety better. Arrest shuts down dudes pretty well. Kismet is a pretty decent "gently caress you" to all your opponents and I'd be ok playing it here because grand arbiter is already a big enough target that who cares if you make life even worse for everyone? Rhystic study is also really good and you don't have a reason to not play it. Detention sphere is like another o-ring, but has the potential to shut off more than one card, even at it's worst it's still worth running. Since you have cho-manno you could look into pariah to making killing you a little harder. I'm sure there are a lot more enchantments that are worth running.

Creatures: Fountain watch. This just makes everything you do so much harder to deal with. Combo it with spiritual asylum to give virtually everything you own shroud at the cost of not being able to attack. I don't think this is a huge deal for your deck but maybe it is. Still it's a pretty solid "good luck dealing with all my bullshit now." As for larger beaters that win you the game inkwell leviathan is solid. The new shipbreaker kraken is good and has a useful monstrous ability. Archon of the triumvirate and medomai are sizable beaters that have good effects. New prahv guildmage lets you jump your team to get over a lot of chump blockers and detains hard to deal with creatures. Wall of nets and wall of denial could also be good? Wall of glare and any sort of protection granting ability will stop token armies cold. Mother of runes is particularly good for that.

I'm going to list some stuff now that I think is fun to play, but certainly isn't anything you need to consider. Deadeye navigator and any of the "untap some lands" creatures are good. Great whale and palinchron in particular but really anything bigger than cloud of faeries will generate infinite mana (even the faeries will with a land that produces more than one mana). Along with stasis this makes the board awful for everyone and you just win. You are also captain un-fun so I wouldn't do that too often. You can also memnarch everything that everyone else owns or just detain all the creatures ever with a guildmage. Really there are a ton of things to do with all unlimited mana. Palinchron and high tide will also generate infinite mana but is more fragile to counterspells/removal.

You should probably not build stasis prison locks in EDH because people will hate you, but personally I think it's hilarious as long as I do it very infrequently. I think it falls into the same category as infinite combat steps with my dragon tribal deck, fun as long as I don't do it every game.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 16, 2013

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

The Sisko posted:

So I've been bit by the EDH bug again. I decided that Id try a 3 color general this time around and I ended up deciding on Maelstrom Wanderer. This my rough draft that I came up with today

Deck: Maelstrom Wanderer EDH

Do you have some sort of goal in mind for this, or just RUG goodstuff? There seem to be a lot of things you have with ETB effects, a cloudstone curio might help you take advantage of things like prime speaker, mulldrifter, or bloodbraid more often. Since kiki tokens copy mana costs you can use deceiver exarch or zealous conscripts to generate infinite devotion in those two colors. Master of waves comes to mind and so does fanatic of mogis.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 27, 2013

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Looking for some possible advice, criticism, mocking, suggestions for my first ever EDH deck.

I played in a 5-6 casual multiplayer group of friends and we're thinking of going to our local LGS for Tuesday Night Commander. Obviously, I won't bore you with their decks and another friend of mine who's been playing TNC for 2 years told me he's never seen a Rafiq Bant Exalted there so I'd be the only one. I created an account at tappedout so here's my link. Feel free to kill me with brutal honesty of what to add, take out, etc.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rafiq-bant-exalted/

I'm not sure how much you want people to hate you, but you could stand a few more targets for sovereigns of lost alara. You have a total of five auras in the deck. Consider things like daybreak coronet, eldrazi conscription (this one makes people a little upset, but whatever), and other things that make dudes huge. Ancestral mask and ethereal armor get better as you get more and more enchantments out.

Ardent plea gets you another exalted and might find you something else fun. I'm going to avoid listing all the other things with exalted, I'm pretty sure you can find them if you want. There are several more.

A few more fat dudes to wear these auras and swing could also be good, inkwell leviathan would be interesting since sovereigns don't target so you can drop auras on it anyhow. Drogskol reaver makes a frightening thing with some exalted/auras/whatever on it.

Silent arbiter gives you another dueling grounds effect, and to go along with your general trend of making things hard for your opponents to do, grand arbiter might not be bad.

You could also load up on good equipment, swords of this and that, jitte, etc. and run a stonehewer giant and stoneforge mystic to cheat them out.

For a comedy kill you can find a way to give the hydra omnivore infect and just hit everyone on the table with a ton of poison counters. Grafted exoskeleton will do this, there is also a blue control magic type enchantment that gives the creature you stole infect. Normal infect creatures will just make combat with you really annoying anyway.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Cerepol posted:

Do we have a Commander thread or is it just discussed in here?

Here and the general thread for the most part. For actual deck questions it's almost all here from what I can tell. However since I play EDH and limited only this thread has far too many posts about this "standard" business anyway, bring on the EDH chat (remember to link the decklist only).

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

C-Euro posted:

I got bored at work today and started brewing up a GW EDH deck revolving around tutoring tons of legendary cards with Captain Sisay as a commander. After getting home and looking at the legendary cards that identify as green and/or white, I have a very rough draft of what I want to run-

Deck: Captain Sisay
Display deck statistics

The idea is to have a toolbox of legendary stuff on one hand, and to call up the big guns when I don't have threats that require a response. I left off some of the pricier cards that seem like auto-includes (Karakas, Iona, Linvala) so that I don't psych myself out, but how is this as an idea? I went kind of creature and equipment-heavy, is there an obvious one I missed? I'm sure I'll end up cutting a few of them to make room for more traditional green and white EDH staples, so let me know what you think. The sheer volume of basic lands is also just a filler until I remember what other useful lands/duals there are.

First thing, don't worry about Karakas because it's banned in EDH (infinite commander bounce is pretty unfair). Savannah is the original dual for this color combo and isn't stupid expensive (on the original duals spectrum) because it doesn't tap for blue mana. Mageta the Lion gives you a tutorable wrath effect. Jareth is a huge fatty you can drop in front of people. The hondens look really bad, but technically are legendary enchantments. Avacyn gives your whole team indestructible. The various planeswalkers in their different incarnations are also a thing, Elspeth, Garruk, Ajani, Gideon, comedy option Nissa.

Nylea and Heliod are also things you can run.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diosamblet posted:

I'm almost done building my first casual EDH deck:

Deck: Ur-Dragon Antics EDH

It's built around getting the Scion of the Ur-Dragon out as soon as I can manage the weird mana cost, and then using his copy ability to adapt to my needs from there. The mana curve for creatures looks really strange, because most of the creature population I plan to do involves either the Quicksilver amulet, Utvara Hellkite, and/or or Teneb the Harvester + Bladewing the Risen. (Chew up Bladewing, chew up Teneb, deal damage, return Bladewing and bring Teneb along for the ride. 4 colorless for 2 legendary dragons. Edit: Oops more like 9. Is this legal? I think it may break at the very end, since I'm not sure I can interrupt and transform between the copy-Teneb damage trigger and real-Teneb entering the battlefield. Maybe I do want a Mirror Gallery after all... Edit: Mirror Gallery would allow me to just bring Teneb back out using his own ability, skipping Bladewing entirely... so yeah I probably want it)

I only got back into magic recently, so the bulk of the spells are filled out with things from recent sets... I've been keeping an eye out for better (low-cost) alternatives or must-haves, but the breadth of Legacy format is daunting. Any suggestions?

I have a scion deck that routinely gets hated on by people, mostly for the Skithiryx silver bullet. I also have fun very occasionally assembling the hellkite charger/aggrivated assault and sword of feast and famine/bear umbra infinite combat steps lock. Additional ways to cheat out dragons are belbe's portal, urza's incubator, and dragon arch to name a few that are easy to run. Dragonspeaker shaman was already mentioned. Utvara hellkite actually puts a pretty solid target on itself/you because it can get out of hand really really quickly. Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund is also good just in case someone steals or copies a dragon or somehow has a few of their own, plus it gives your board haste. I don't run mirror gallery but I might if I had one. Honestly having multiple copies of a legend isn't an issue most of the time if you plan properly with Scion activations.

You might also consider a stronger reanimator package since you have a repeatable graveyard dump for huge fatties. Living death, twilight's call, patriarch's bidding, and the like. You can pretty easily make sure that bringing your yard back into play is far better than anyone else's. Since you have all five colors you get to pick and choose your removal/counter/tutor package as you like. Demonic tutor is virtually a must have, diabolic tutor is good, and the list goes on and on (and gets more expensive). Putrefy, mortify, vindicate ($$), terminate, dreadbore, hero's downfall, arrest, o-ring, swords to plowshares, path to exile, abrupt decay, and a million other cards provide good removal. I don't run any counters, not because I think they aren't fun or anything, but because the mana in the deck doesn't usually support the double blue costs until later than I'd like so I just focus on blowing it up and having bigger dudes than they do. If you feel like you can support the mana costs, go for it.

Other things that make your life easier are going to be mana base fixers. Chromatic lantern is good, but honestly the ability to fetch lands that you need is king. Ranger's path and skyshroud claim will both fetch forests for you, which is important because it doesn't say basic lands. You can fetch shocklands and original duals with them, farseek does the same thing. The tri-color lands are good too. Mirari's wake is nice, but is generally something that makes people pay more attention to me than I'd like for a five mana enchantment.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 14, 2013

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diosamblet posted:

Yeah, I saw Skithiryx, then read the Poison Counters rule and decided not to put him in... This is going to be for a casual friendly group, so I don't want to make people hate on me. The Utvara Hellkite is definitely going in for situations where I want someone to spend their removal/wipe the table, or face the consequences. Red goo consuming the table is hilarious - instantly killing someone, not so much.

Those graveyard upheavals are also nice, particularly Patriarch's Bidding. I had been thinking Midnight Recovery was fairly efficient, but that one is just silly.

I don't know what your budget looks like, but the other suggestions I have for you are basically amount to "put about $1000 into the manabase." A set of the original duals, full set of shocklands, buddy lands, the tri-lands, and the few odd utility and basics to cover the gaps. The problem here is that it costs so much. The shock/buddy lands should be fairly easy to trade for since they've been printed pretty recently, but the original duals are going to run you a lot of dollars but will greatly increase your ability to play the deck.

Also cyclonic rift is good. You should play one of those.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

tzirean posted:

I cut Sun Droplet from the original, apparently stupidly, because it didn't seem substantial enough. Probably wrong. Didn't even consider Clone, though, even when putting in Metamorph. Any suggestions for two cuts? I feel like I could actually cut two basic lands, but again, I'm running less than a usual contingent of mana rocks (couldn't find space) so that's probably wrong.

You might also look at putting in a thran turbine. It will give you a few colorless during your upkeep to trigger Oloro without needing to tap something.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I hope someone figures out something to do with him so that someone will want the foil one from my binder. He sits there, taunting me, when he could have been any other foil mythic in Theros.

You can cheat him in already attacking a few ways that will bypass his attacking restriction. The easier one is probably yore-tiller nephilim and a sac outlet to get Medomai back into the graveyard after attacking each turn. A similar option is to conspiracy him to a creature type that matches with Kaalia's ability and find a way to bounce him to your hand each turn. Both of these are pretty much EDH only options, though.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 5, 2013

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Deific Presence posted:

I need some advice for this Marath EDH deck I am building. So far I've got about 70% of the cards on this list and I'm wondering if I should change anything up before I buy/trade for others.

Marath EDH

A few things I'd suggest are Nemata, who gets really bonkers with the token duplicating enchantments, Gaea's cradle for obvious reasons, and because it combos well with Nemata and potentially makes some very interesting interactions with your commander I'd suggest heartsone. I don't think it will actually let you activate Marath for a 1/1 token for zero mana, but it might, and if so that is hilarious in ways I can't explain. With a sac outlet and the ability to crank out infinite tokens you can make Marath as big as needed and just throw him at people.

E: So the oracle text on Marath doesn't seem to specify that X can't be adjusted via effects on the board, just that you can't declare X to be zero when you activate the ability. I don't know how this interacts with heartstone, but if it works at all like a spell you'd announce you were activating for 1, then pay any adjusted costs (in this example 1-1=0), and get your token and a smaller Marath.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 21, 2013

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Any general suggestions for how to best put together a Momir Vig EDH deck? I found a copy in my trade binder and for a personal challenge/waste of an afternoon I was planning on trying to build a deck around it with only cards from my collection. Just run lots of good, synergistic creatures since you'll be tutoring for them a lot? A guy at my LGS won a try-hard Commander event with Momir Vig, making infinite mana and wiping the board with Deadeye Navigator+Acidic Slime(?) though I don't think I can quite pull that off...

I also was going to do the same thing with Oros, the Avenger so any suggestions you have besides "just run Kaalia as your general in RBW" would be nice. I'm thinking just white creatures backed by red and black disruption/control?

I'm intending to make a Kaalia deck, although the focus isn't so much on tribal per se as it is her ability to cheat dudes into play. The idea was to include indestructible guys, boros charm (and isochron scepter for value), darksteel plate for Kaalia/whoever, and then just play all the sweepers I can get my hands on. Wrath of god, Damnation, day of judgment, austere command, merciless eviction, Jokulhaups, Obliterate, Armageddon, Rout, blah blah blah you get the idea. Just make my stuff last through the sweep and keep on trucking, with Kaalia dropping big dudes into play for me post sweep. Worldslayer probably also goes into this deck. Oros could probably do a similar job, he just doesn't cheat big things into play. If you were willing to forgo that sort of utility you could probably follow a similar idea. People probably won't like you though.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Someone posted in here/the main thread about a GU fatties list they were running, it was basically mono green with prophet of kruphix and zegana. I couldn't find the list in the past six or so pages, does anyone know where it went/what it is?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Excellent. Do you think the list could support the new Trauma-kraken? I don't know what I'd take out to play him, but he looks hilarious and is a huge fatty.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I'm working on a Grand Arbiter tax EDH deck but my question is, is there an easy way or resource to find spell like Glowrider, Thalia, Spelltithe Enforcer? I basically want to brought all the spell that cost 1 or 2 more to cast including artifacts/enchantments.

I'm planning on building a grand arbiter stasis prison deck, because I hate fun and want to lose all my friends. You might look at a trinisphere just to screw with people some more.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

BaronVonVaderham posted:

He's definitely an amazing beater. I would just change the rest of the list a bit to cut down on the higher costed spells to reduce the risk of playing him. I was originally running things like Turn//Burn or Far//Away, but even with scry effects to control my topdecks, taking 5 damage even once was backbreaking.

In other news, here's my updated list for Big Simic:

Deck: Big Simic

Potential sideboard changes:
-- Add counterspells now that this is more blue-heavy.
-- Maybe Rapid Hybridization.
-- Sylvan Primordial is pretty sweet, but I'm still hooked on Prime Speaker to refill my hand.

EDIT: Change 2 of the forests to islands.

Do you think Kiora is really worth running as a 4 of in this deck? I guess the explore option is pretty good, but it seems like you'd rather be doing something bigger with that mana (Terrorkraken!). I have most of the pieces for this deck in hand now, but not the Kiora. Also, how do you think this will hold up against drown in sorrow?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I just noticed you dropped Nylea from the deck, is the loss of trample a big thing or no?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Yes and no. She might find a place in the sideboard since she was fantastic against control and mono black, but I haven't done enough testing yet to notice any significant loss.

I'll have to keep this in mind. I haven't played standard since Flametongue Kavu was legal, and I've moved across the country in the mean time, so I have no idea what the meta here looks like for standard. Should be fun to actually have to think about adjusting a deck for a meta for once.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

OK then I guess I don't know what Monsters is. I thought it was something like:

4 Elvish Mystic
4 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Voyaging Satyr
4 BTE
4 Nykthos (to combo with Voyaging Satyr)
4 Garruk
3 Domri Rade
2 Xenagos
and a bunch of huge green creatures, 4 of which are Polukranos

Whatever it is that I just listed, I want to play that.

You'd want things like kalonian hydra, arbor colossus, stormbreath dragon, maybe Nylea to give your team trample or a bow to make an attacking polukranos into a death machine.

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1172794 is the decklist for RG dinosaurs/devotion that placed top 16 at GP Albuquerque (piloted by a goon, even).

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Elephant Ambush posted:

This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for posting it.

Wow, only 6 fatties? I guess with the card fountains via planeswalkers that's all you need. You're pretty much guaranteed to draw at least 1 per game.

There are 8 fatties in that list, 3 arbor colossus, 4 polukranos, and a ruric thar for good measure. And a grip of mistcutters in the sideboard. Not a ton, but certainly enough. Keep in mind the scooze as well, which can get pretty fat if someone lets it go.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'm trying to build a grand arbiter stasis prison deck. I already have the stasis, and I figure I should have chronotog, kismet, blind obedience, imposing sovereign and whatnot in there as well just to give everyone a "gently caress you." The rest of the deck is going to be various other hate bears and poo poo like trinisphere, winter orb, lodestone golem, ghostly prison, tangle wire.

Basically I hate fun and having friends.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I played my first five rounds of standard since invasion was a standard legal set last night. I took a version of Baron's U/G devotion deck. I ended up going 3-2, beating a bad rakdos agro deck, B/W hatebears, and some weird monowhite thing I didn't understand. I ran over pretty much everyone that I beat, the deck works really well when it works.

I lost to a better rakdos agro deck, I just wasn't able to stabilize fast enough to keep myself alive, and a mono black variant with no merchants and more removal in their place. It did not go well. Lifebane zombie makes things very hard on this deck.

The highlight of the night was swinging an arbor colossus into a spirit of the labyrinth, and then following it up with using a nykthos to cast garruk, using garruk to drop Zegana, drawing seven cards, playing a new nykthos to continue the insanity and drop another arbor colossus and a polukranos in one turn. The guys sitting next to me actually stopped to watch what was happening after Zegana came down.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

En Fuego posted:

Trying to spitball ideas. What would you run in a Zirilian of the Claw deck?

I want to run the suite of Gauntlet of Power/Might/Lens/Flare ...

Also Dragon Mask and Erratic Portal for fun.

What dragons?

I run scion of the ur-dragon, which is not quite the same, but I get tremendous use out of hellkite charger, balefire dragon, hoard-smelter dragon, dragon mage, and to a lesser extent scourge of valkas but only because I haven't had the opportunity to use him much so I don't know how well he does.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

There's a guy at my local store who runs pain seer in the side of his monoblack deck. He brings it in against anything he feels like can't deal with it in the first few turns. My deck in particular (U/G devotion) has very little interaction with it beyond blocking with Caryatids for the first few turns and he pretty much buries me in card advantage games two and three. It could probably do well for rakdos aggro in the event that your opponent stalls at the beginning of the game but can't really remove it. Even a few turns of attacking gets you a lot, but I don't think it's mainboard material unless your local meta is full of decks that try to clock up the ground early.

I'd really love if I didn't play him round two for the fifth week in a row this Friday...

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Grand Arbiter EDH Prison

Help me trim this list, add things I need, and lose friends. I have too many cards in here as it is and I want some counters for good measure.

I know cloudstone curio seems weird, but it lets me bounce lands when I play lands, keeping Stasis on the board and people unhappy.

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 23, 2014

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

OssiansFolly posted:

Here is my Grand Arbiter deck for reference. I have 3 cards over, but I usually take out 3 depending on who I am playing...

How do you tap your Static Orb so you don't get hit with its ability? Icy Manipulator is the easiest way around this.

If you have a lot of stuff that prevents players from untapping lands then you should have more mana producing artifacts. I've won MANY games because I've played Armageddon, but I had lots of artifacts to still get stuff out while everyone is rebuilding their land.

My creature change suggestions:
-1 Chronatog
-1 Archtype of Imagination
+1 Wonder
-1 Kataki, War's Wage
-1 Wall of Glare
+1 Mirror-Sigil Sergeant

These are just a few suggestions. I think you have too little card draw, so after a few turns if you don't have the perfect lock down going you will sputter out...

I think your deck will suck to play against (like any GAA deck), but I think you may lose the tempo game.

Hmm. I do agree about the card draw. I forgot rhystic study which is pretty much an auto include for this deck as people are unlikely to pay the tax and I get to draw cards. I'm also probably going to find room for Daze, Thwart, and Gush at the least and possibly Ensnare, the alternate costs for those can help return tapped lands and keep my stasis lock running. Kataki also seems unnecessary at this point and would probably hurt me more than help.

Chronotog is there so I can nail down a stasis lock and never take a turn again. It's the ultimate "gently caress you" the deck has. Stasis, kismet, maybe a tangle wire (or a smokestack, which I'm debating), and then just stop taking turns and let everyone else deck out while unable to do anything. Wonder seems like a decent card but I was using the archetype more to keep my opponents from having flying which helps me out, especially if Magus of the Moat is out. My team having flying is less important.

I'm considering dropping the silent arbiter and the Crawlspace and relying on the tax effects to keep myself from being attacked. I'm not sure which one is better. I'm also considering Tezzeret the Seeker to keep some of my stuff untapped.

I guess ultimately the point isn't to win through attacking so much as through attrition pure attrition (and possibly forfeits). Mirror-Sigil seems outside the purpose of the deck in this case.

As for the static orb question, I hadn't thought about it. Clock of Omens and Opposition give me some decent utility that also helps with static orb, so they seem like a good idea. I'll make some adjustments and see where I end up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'm trying to build a Kaalia version that plays a bit differently than others, but I have no idea if it'll be successful or even play well. The idea is to load up on indestructible things, boros charm, legion's initiative for blinking, etc, and then play all the boardwipes you can get in those three colors. Bonus points for keeping Kaalia alive, casting Armageddon, and then dropping big dudes. It's less focused on the free dudes every turn and more on maintaining a board presence, potentially small, while locking everyone else down.

I might be better off with child of alara as the commander, but I already have one five color EDH deck.

• Locked thread