Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

After mostly successful playtesting I revamped my earlier red deck with some substitutions, mostly white. Here's the current list:

Deck: THS Big Boros

//Land
13 Mountain
4 Sacred Foundry
3 Plains
2 Temple of Triumph
2 Mutavault

//Creatures
4 Ash Zealot
4 Boros Reckoner
1 Pyrewild Shaman
4 Chandra's Phoenix
3 Stormbreath Dragon
2 Fanatic of Mogis

//Artifacts/Enchantments
2 Purphoros, God of the Forge
1 Hammer of Purphoros
3 Chained to the Rocks

//Instants/Sorceries
4 Boros Charm
4 Magma Jet
4 Lightning Strike

//Sideboard
3 Wear // Tear
4 Burning Earth
3 Anger of the Gods
2 Peak Eruption
3 Skullcrack

Display deck statistics

Things I'm not sure about yet:
- Will taplands and plains keep me from hitting Ash Zealot on curve to an unacceptable degree? I have 19 sources but 2 of them are T1 plays only for that and I'm not sure how much shocking I want to be doing
- Is Mizzium Mortars or Ratchet Bomb a better sideboard removal than Anger of the Gods? Mortars does well against midrangey things but bomb feels much better against whip decks
- Is Pyrewild Shaman a useful trick to push through unexpected lethal or would it be better to throw in another Fanatic of Mogis
- I took Chandra out because my creatures never felt like they wanted to be held back to keep her alive when she comes down, and I haven't needed the card draw against control yet
- Burning Earth is fantastic in monored but I don't know if the drawbacks are worth keeping it in given how well it blows up 3-color
- No satyr/cackler/etc at 1-mana, don't think I need any 1-drops but who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread