Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Dallas Goons!

Now that summer and work has cooled off a little bit, I am interested in seeing what sort of goon rider presence there is in Dallas. If there's interest, I would be down to organize a meetup and maybe some weekend rides to the hill country or ozarks (after I'm pretty confident that I won't be stabbed in my sleep by one of you goons).

Little bit about myself, I have been riding about 5 years. I currently own a b-king, but I am pretty seriously eyeing Hypermotards. Unfortunately, I am a little bit of a weekend warrior, as my work doesn't allow me much free time during the week. I'm most interested in sport touring, but may look into picking up a track bike this winter.

Let me know y'alls interest, and I can start looking for a good place to meet up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Glad y'all got together to ride. I didn't see the activity in this thread, or I would have gone too. I haven't been on SA as much as usual. I'm definitely down to ride next weekend if y'all are going out again. If the forecast holds up, it should be a really nice weekend.

I spent the weekend in the garage doing doing maintenance on and cursing at my bike, so I will be good to go.

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
I'm down! I have been running a route from Edom to Palestine via FM314. Its scenic, but not particularly curvy. There is a good roadside diner as well. Its about 70 miles east of dallas though, so its a large time investment. If someone has a better route, I am down with that too.

I don't have an email address without my name in it unfortunately, but I can email someone my contact info. I can post up a google map route when I get home from the halloween festivities later on tonight.

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
I'm down for the bluebonnet dash. Anyone have a junk email account they wouldn't mind offering up? I'll send my contact info across. I really need to buy PM

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Sounds great. Emailed you earlier today. I'm planning on making it out.

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Yeah that was a lot of fun and the scenery was pretty dang good. The road actualy got significantly smoother after y'all headed out on 287 as well. The next 10 miles or so are worth the ride!

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
I am planning on going to that show Friday evening after work. I'm going to try to be there by about 5:30. Any chance that time will work for anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
I did the Talimena scenic ride a few weeks ago and will be heading up there again this weekend. I think it will be the last opportunity for me to head north before winter sets in.

If anyone wants to go, you all are welcome to ride with me. I will head up there on Saturday morning. I live downtown and take 30 as far as possible but use google maps to avoid highways. I went through Paris and Commerce last time. I generally ride somewhat slow on the way up, so as to preserve myself.

Last time I did one leg of the Talimena scenic drive twice and hotwired a room in Hot Springs. The ride to hotsprings is quite scenic and twisty enough to keep you interested, but is not nearly as fun as the section between Talihina and Mena (or however you spell the names).

Overall, I think i did about 950 miles last time. It wasn't murder, but I was pretty drat tired when I got home.

tl;dr - I'm heading out Saturday morning, coming back Sunday afternoon (will aim at being home downtown 1 hour before nightfall). Will use Hotwire to get a cheap room in either Hot Springs or Fort Smith. I really don't plan things all that much. I enjoy the spontaneity. I'll check in here again tomorrow after work if you guys have any questions.

• Locked thread