Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

I'm in Arlington and ride a Ninja 650, boyfriend rides a Vulcan 500. I've only been riding for about a year and 'recently' moved over from the UK so I'm just about used to the new bike and the roads here. A casual goon ride sounds like fun! I'm available on pretty much any day given enough notice as I work from home but I'd prefer weekends as they're the only time my boyfriend would be able to tag along too.

Admittedly I've been 100% useless at organizing a meet up with another DFW motorcycle goon for the past... two months or so due to wedding planning, but that's tomorrow so I should be more available from then on! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

I'm free to ride around on Sunday if it's nice out. :) I took my first trip over to downtown Dallas today and managed not to get lost so I'm much more confident with longer trips now.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Husband and I should be there, I'll post here if we end up not making it. (His Vulcan has been temperamental lately.)

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

That was a pretty ride! :3: Only downside of the day was driving right next to a freshly hit skunk when I was a couple of blocks away from home and had my visor open a bit; 1/10 would not inhale again.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Yup it definitely has an issue with one or the other. (We actually had a charge kit in his backpack just in case heh.) It's most likely an alternator issue as the battery has been replaced and we've had a few lost charges since then. It's on the list of things to fix/reasons to replace it. ;)

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

^ Yeah. :( I'd be there with the husband again but he's totally knocked out with allergies. Boo!

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

My time period for riding around on my full UK motorcycle license over here is up so I need to do the tests. Do you guys have any personal recommendations on where to do my MSF? (Or... does it / the experience even vary between test centers?) I'm based in Arlington.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Yeah, I e-mailed the DMV a few days ago asking what the hell to do with my UK license now and they replied telling me - complete with spelling errors - "To apply for a motorcycle license, you must first complete a motorcycle safety course approve by the motorcycle safety foundation. A complete list of certified locations is available on website, https://www.dps.texas.gov or by clicking here. After you complete the course, you will need to visit a driver license office and present your certificate of completion for the course, and you will be required to take a motorcycle rules written test and pay $16 fee." It does seem to be that I need to take the full course at an approved place. In that case then I'll just find one which has openings once I get my residency card through. :) That said - an unofficial run through at Southlake would have been hugely helpful and very much appreciated if I could have gone directly through the DMV. Thanks for the offer!

I think a Harley dealership would raise an eyebrow if I turned up for their course on my Ninja... but that is tempting. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Moto Liberty in Dallas are having a big sale event on Saturday. 10:00-23:00 with free food and a live band apparently.

I still can't ride due to post surgery stuff and probably won't be able to for another two months or so. I'll come out again eventually, guys! :smith:

• Locked thread