Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Is there some form of in-game messaging or private chat system that I'm not aware of? Cause if not there needs to be. :sigh: Sifting through endless people touting ridiculous trades in lobbies is just not going to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Raitzeno posted:

Is there some form of in-game messaging or private chat system that I'm not aware of? Cause if not there needs to be. :sigh: Sifting through endless people touting ridiculous trades in lobbies is just not going to work.

Double Click a name in your Friends list. It'll add a new Chat tab between you and that person. :v:

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

Double Click a name in your Friends list. It'll add a new Chat tab between you and that person. :v:

The UI in this game is hilarious sometimes. I think it took me 5 booster packs before I realized you could always zoom in on a card by right clicking and you can view all of a card's evolutions + variations by clicking on that 3 box icon.

TheresNoThyme fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 4, 2013

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Cernunnos posted:

Yeah, Mercury already told me so. (Via the in-game chat, no less!) That's still kind of a bad system. :sigh: I'd love to be able to make a Goons chat lobby in-game or something. Do/should we have an IRC for this maybe?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Raitzeno posted:

So I get 15 tokens daily (except every 5th day where you get a booster instead) and an additional 10/day for participating in a pvp match where as a new player without a deck full of legendaries I get my rear end handed to me on a platter in 2~3 turns. Great. I don't suppose there's a faster way to "save up for a theme deck" than to just log in every day and get clobbered for nearly the next two weeks? :sigh:

Quick tip: If you log in with your account on pokemon.com, you can play the flash games there to earn 15 extra trainer tokens a week. It's not much, but it's helpful for saving up for the expensive decks or when you need a quick token boost to buy a booster.

e: Wow, I just loaded up the game and the new deck builder format really sucks. It was a lot easier to see just how many cards were in my deck before. I guess it'll take some getting used to. Oh well, at least the new deck looks alright (even though I had traded a Plasma Blast pack for a pair of double colorless energies just the other day before this update :negative:)

Youremother fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 4, 2013

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I don't know if it's just me, but after adding all those new Rallying Cry decks, I noticed that the cards are tradable. Anybody else got that?

Youremother posted:

Quick tip: If you log in with your account on pokemon.com, you can play the flash games there to earn 15 extra trainer tokens a week. It's not much, but it's helpful for saving up for the expensive decks or when you need a quick token boost to buy a booster.

Haha, I actually remember doing this back when it was new and tokens were completely worthless! Guess I should start playing these dumb games again!

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 4, 2013

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Are players not keeping any pokemon on their bench a common occurence? I just haymakered the poo poo out of two players who I played online with a deck made from only the 4 basic decks because they only had one pokemon on the field. Granted, the first guy might have not had a second pokemon in his hand. He had some Eeevulition deck it looked like and I got really lucky by building up a Serperior by like turn 4. I know the second guy had a Basculin in his hand though, and Boufullant was able to finish off his Beartic when I hit the cointoss to wake up from sleep.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
First pack I opened had shiny Charizard :pcgaming:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Mercury Crusader posted:

I don't know if it's just me, but after adding all those new Rallying Cry decks, I noticed that the cards are tradable. Anybody else got that?

Yeah. It appears all the cards from the Rallying Cry decks are tradable.

Of course that also means the cards in it that might have been worth something are now practically worthless since everyone can redeem 4 copies of the deck.
Flood the market with Double Colorless Energy. :v:

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
So far this game has been doing a good job of scratching my Pokemon TCG itch. I haven't played the card game since the old days of the GBC game but I think I'm getting up to speed on the new cards and such.

I'm going with the screen name Plasbad64 if anyone wants to add me. :)

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Yoya posted:

First pack I opened had shiny Charizard :pcgaming:

I pulled a full art raikou ex last night!

From one of the free untradeable packs...

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Elblanco posted:

I pulled a full art raikou ex last night!

From one of the free untradeable packs...

The only cards you can trade are the ones you get from redeemed Booster Pack/Deck codes. Not including Power Relay.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I don't see it in the new OP, but one of the changes to the client allows you to now use any redeemed deck against the Gold League. If you clear all 12 trainers, you get a booster. You can do this with Basic Orange, Power Relay, and Rallying Cry as well (so anybody just starting out has another way to earn between 2 and 3 free boosters currently)

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
I still can't figure out how to add people on my friends list. The friends icon on the top bar is greyed out. I checked my profile poo poo and I should be totally open for friend invites and such.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Emalde posted:

I don't see it in the new OP, but one of the changes to the client allows you to now use any redeemed deck against the Gold League. If you clear all 12 trainers, you get a booster. You can do this with Basic Orange, Power Relay, and Rallying Cry as well (so anybody just starting out has another way to earn between 2 and 3 free boosters currently)

Huh. It still won't let me use Basic Orange or Power Relay. Or Rallying Cry, for that matter. I wonder if it's just for brand new players or something on my end is broken.

Sudoku posted:

I still can't figure out how to add people on my friends list. The friends icon on the top bar is greyed out. I checked my profile poo poo and I should be totally open for friend invites and such.

You should have a search bar slide down when you click the friends icon. Input the username manually and hit enter. As far as I know, the thing doesn't actually "search" for anybody.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Huh. It still won't let me use Basic Orange or Power Relay. Or Rallying Cry, for that matter. I wonder if it's just for brand new players or something on my end is broken.

In addition to the BW Basic Blue/Green/Red decks, I currently have Blue Assault, Green Tornado and Red Frenzy available to play in Gold League, from decks I redeemed codes for back when this was still browser-based. I redeemed copies of Mind Wipe and Solar Strike via codes earlier today, and neither of those, nor Power Relay or Basic Orange are available. Also, the Blue Assault, Green Tornado and Red Frenzy are still listed as needing to be unlocked. :shrug:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
When I logged in after it patched the Basic Orange and Power Relay (and my new Rallying Cry) decks suddenly became available for use in the Trainer Challenge and none of them are saying they need to be unlocked. I think you've hit a bug.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

When I first logged in it had sort of instapatched (meaning, it hadn't actually patched, seeing as the interface was the same). After I relogged it actually sat there and downloaded a bunch of poo poo and then the entire interface changed. If the user interface looks like it used to, you need to exit and restart the program so it can patch properly, the new interface being completely different is a huge tell as to whether your client is actually as up-to-date as it's telling you it is.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Well then! I went back to Trainer Challenge because I want to try platinum league, and looked at my redeemed theme decks. The "unlocks" thing was replaced with "wins until booster pack". It looks like if oyu beat up twelve AIs with them you get a booster? I am okay with this.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Raitzeno posted:

When I first logged in it had sort of instapatched (meaning, it hadn't actually patched, seeing as the interface was the same). After I relogged it actually sat there and downloaded a bunch of poo poo and then the entire interface changed. If the user interface looks like it used to, you need to exit and restart the program so it can patch properly, the new interface being completely different is a huge tell as to whether your client is actually as up-to-date as it's telling you it is.

Yeah, I don't think my copy patched properly and it's not doing the update thing whenever I restart the program. Gonna try uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest version.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, I don't think my copy patched properly and it's not doing the update thing whenever I restart the program. Gonna try uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest version.
For reference, doing this worked for me.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

For reference, doing this worked for me.

Worked for me, too.

So is there a way to change which coin I'm using during the Trainer Challenge, or am I stuck with that ugly red Arceus coin the whole time?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

Worked for me, too.

So is there a way to change which coin I'm using during the Trainer Challenge, or am I stuck with that ugly red Arceus coin the whole time?

Coins are chosen during the deck-building processes. As are card sleeves. On the one hand, having them linked per deck is kinda dumb, but on the other hand, if you happen to care about what coins and sleeves you use per deck it's kinda fun?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

If you win 1 game each in Trainer Challenge with the Basic Blue/Red/Green theme decks, you get a Blue Energy Coin. (Mine was blue anyway, not sure if it's blue for everyone.)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Are the servers down for maintenence again for anyone else? I didn't see any bugs or anything yesterday that would need another patch this soon, although mine did patch properly on the first try.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 4, 2013

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mine's down for maintenance. I'll try again later.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Raitzeno posted:

If you win 1 game each in Trainer Challenge with the Basic Blue/Red/Green theme decks, you get a Blue Energy Coin. (Mine was blue anyway, not sure if it's blue for everyone.)
I believe it's the same for everyone. I have two Blue Energy Coins, actually, not sure where the second came from.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Haifisch posted:

Are the servers down for maintenence again for anyone else?

Some of us were all excited to try this before they had to go to work, but I guess Nintendo had other ideas :saddowns:

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

The Rallying Cry deck is surprisingly fun. If only it didn't have those useless Meowth cards in it.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

The Rallying Cry deck is surprisingly fun. If only it didn't have those useless Meowth cards in it.

Agreed. I used it in Trainer Challenge enough to get a booster, then stripped a bunch of the crap out for an Unlimited deck.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Raitzeno posted:

Agreed. I used it in Trainer Challenge enough to get a booster, then stripped a bunch of the crap out for an Unlimited deck.
That's dangerous waters, friend.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

The Grass deck seems to be the best of the starter decks by far to me. I really dislike the new one and the Lightning one.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
I play the card game in real life and have no plans of getting into the online game anytime in the foreseeable future. I have a couple of unused code cards lying around from tins and some theme decks. Didn't see anything relating to this in the rules but is there no problem with me posting codes for more interested goons to use?

Mercury Crusader posted:

I guess you could post them, but then some scammer non-goon lurking this thread is gonna take them and that's not fun. Maybe PM the codes to somebody. Preferably one of the newer players.

VV Yeah, PMs would be the smart idea. Thing is, I don't have them.

Level Seven fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 5, 2013

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Level Seven posted:

I play the card game in real life and have no plans of getting into the online game anytime in the foreseeable future. I have a couple of unused code cards lying around from tins and some theme decks. Didn't see anything relating to this in the rules but is there no problem with me posting codes for more interested goons to use?

I guess you could post them, but then some scammer non-goon lurking this thread is gonna take them and that's not fun. Maybe PM the codes to somebody. Preferably one of the newer players.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Level Seven posted:

I literally just started playing this cool 'lil game, and I don't have PMs either. My email is twiceasnegative@gmail.com if you're down to toss a new goon player some codes.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I'd also like a theme deck code or two if you wanna throw some at me. email redacted

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 5, 2013

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Level Seven posted:

Maybe someone wants to take on the task of doing a PGS thread for code giveaways? PGS is not viewable unless you're logged in :eng101:

edit:

Just FYI though, even PGS giveaway threads get taken advantage of by people who don't even post "thanks, took this one" :eng99:

Smash Daisaku
Jul 12, 2008

Last Bet $15 on Player 1
Odds 807.1:1 ($1)
Is there a fast way to get tokens? I'm winning games in Theme mode, but I'm only getting like 1-2 tokens per game.

Level Seven posted:

Would appreciate some theme decks just so I can have some variety! Email was here.

Smash Daisaku fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 5, 2013

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I would like some codes if you have more to spare. jjcooper0811@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
Pm me I guess.

Grind in this game is a bit intense but I feel like if I bought a few theme decks I could make some halfway decent stuff.

• Locked thread