Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Is the player avatar in the actual game modifiable in any way? Is it randomly generated or did I make the bastard when I was out of my mind at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Found it. Okay, I'm in. I think my username there is Kureyn.

Son of a bitch I have two accounts somehow. Okay, the real one is Raitzeno, poo poo.

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 2, 2013

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

So I get 15 tokens daily (except every 5th day where you get a booster instead) and an additional 10/day for participating in a pvp match where as a new player without a deck full of legendaries I get my rear end handed to me on a platter in 2~3 turns. Great. I don't suppose there's a faster way to "save up for a theme deck" than to just log in every day and get clobbered for nearly the next two weeks? :sigh:

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

So those 4 codes that used to give the Power Relay deck now give the Rallying Cry deck instead. Except that anyone who redeemed all 4 for Power Relay decks can now redeem all four AGAIN for four Rallying Cry decks. Awesome.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Elblanco posted:

Don't leave us hanging, what's in the rallying cry deck?

Whismur's line, Jigglypuff's line, Tympole's line (not the same versions as Basic Blue), some Kangaskahns. I think the point is to use a lot of Round; Wigglytuff and Exploud both have it. Wigglytuff's does 20 per and Exploud's does 50 per pokemon you have on the field that know Round.

It's also got a shitload of Water Energy and I think a couple Double Colorless, I'll make sure on that in a minute.

E: Yeah there's 2 DCE per deck. Not that you need that many...

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 4, 2013

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Is there some form of in-game messaging or private chat system that I'm not aware of? Cause if not there needs to be. :sigh: Sifting through endless people touting ridiculous trades in lobbies is just not going to work.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Cernunnos posted:

Double Click a name in your Friends list. It'll add a new Chat tab between you and that person. :v:

Yeah, Mercury already told me so. (Via the in-game chat, no less!) That's still kind of a bad system. :sigh: I'd love to be able to make a Goons chat lobby in-game or something. Do/should we have an IRC for this maybe?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

When I first logged in it had sort of instapatched (meaning, it hadn't actually patched, seeing as the interface was the same). After I relogged it actually sat there and downloaded a bunch of poo poo and then the entire interface changed. If the user interface looks like it used to, you need to exit and restart the program so it can patch properly, the new interface being completely different is a huge tell as to whether your client is actually as up-to-date as it's telling you it is.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

If you win 1 game each in Trainer Challenge with the Basic Blue/Red/Green theme decks, you get a Blue Energy Coin. (Mine was blue anyway, not sure if it's blue for everyone.)

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

The Rallying Cry deck is surprisingly fun. If only it didn't have those useless Meowth cards in it.

Agreed. I used it in Trainer Challenge enough to get a booster, then stripped a bunch of the crap out for an Unlimited deck.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I'd also like a theme deck code or two if you wanna throw some at me. email redacted

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 5, 2013

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I think boosters are supposed to be unlocked. All of mine have been.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I still make casual MTG decks all the time when a compelling new card or three are revealed. I never had much of a problem with it, though they won't be winning me any tournaments. Maybe you were playing with the wrong crowd?

In any case, yeah the deckbuilding philosophy is weird coming from MtG because several core game mechanics are radically different. There's no life points, all your damage comes from creatures, a player can only lose 6 creatures (and this is the main win condition), there's no creature tokens, very few noncreature permanents (and only one at a time, for things like Stadiums, and only one per creature, for Tools)...

It seems to me there's a lot less potential for strange combos, at least on the level of the more complex MtG decks, and the importance of each individual creature is through the roof in comparison.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Amusingly the energy location stuff is really, really easy in the Rallying Cry deck. I've yet to have a problem with it outside of occasionally forgetting that I haven't finished putting energy on my lead yet...

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Elm's Training Method works on it, though.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I think there's 2 in one of the Basic <color> decks. I forget which, but I know I have a couple.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

aeglus posted:

No it doesn't. Bugged for me and a bunch of other people.

It's not so much '12 wins' as it is '12 unique Trainers beaten'. I am pretty sure the #/36 is the 12 trainers in each of the three Leagues (Gold, Plat, City).

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I got one of those from a booster. :psyduck: Took a while to crack open a Squirtle, though! (I already had a Wartortle or two from boosters as well.)

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Level Seven posted:

And anybody who pulls a useable EX pretty much has a better deck than the other players which is stupid.

Right, because MtG has no such cards. *coughJACEcough*

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I get those a LOT, especially in CPU matches when I am blazing through for points toward a booster.

Speaking of boosters, at some point they "fixed" the boosters, both from the daily rewards and Trainer Challenge, to be trade-locked. :sigh: It really, really sucks to be totally unable to trade free content in any way; they couldn't just allow free-for-free trades and RMT-for-RMT trades separately?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Hell, if it's multi-account flooding they're worried about, they could just institute a 15 or 20 day moratorium, and unlock everything after that or something.

Alternatively, I am a-ok with a :10bux: or :20bux: charge to perma unlock everything now and future.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

There's always pvp, full of people with ridiculous tourney-winner-ripoff decks and overpowered cards you've never even heard of that can annihilate you within two turns, so you don't actually get any sort of reward for pvp outside of the first one each day. Great.

I get that they don't want you chain-throwing matches for tokens, but friend battles having no rewards is really, really bad.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Whoa! 4-starring the last Trainer in Gold League got me a total of 4 packs! I assume the Dragons Exalted is the one from 4-starring her, while the 3 Plasma Blasts are for 4-starring Gold League in its entirety. Nice!

E: Let's see... a foil Shedinja from the Dragon pack... full-art Jirachi-EX (great for the Steel deck I'm slowly piling together!) from Plasma Blast #1... Reuniclus in Blast #2... oh here we go. Porygon-Z and Kyurem-EX in Blast #3, cool.

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 10, 2013

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Yeah, I've been doing it all with Rallying Cry; it's the most predictable/consistent of the early theme decks in my experience.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I was <100 points away from 4 stars on the second Plat League trainer, so I decided to throw a game against him. I tossed out a Tympole (yes, still using Rallying Cry) and did nothing else for about ten turns, against his grass deck that Tympole is weak against, waiting for him to do literally anything at all to win and give me my points.

He failed to do so.

I finally got bored and decided if he wanted to lose that badly, I would oblige... and proceeded to build up to Palpitoad/2xWigglytuff/Exploud and start screaming at him for 200 damage a turn.

He never dealt me a single damage counter the entire game. :psyduck:

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

So apparently the next card block is going to have Mega Evolution, which makes an EX pokemon even more bonkers but also removes its ability to attack during the turn you evolve it.

Pokemon Catcher is also apparently going to have a coin flip errata'd in.

Wonder how long it'll take for these to get added to the online version once the cards are available...?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I got a couple of foils. No EXs, nothing super amazing. *shrug* That's booster packs!

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I finally got some nice ones outta the later batch of codes on Reddit.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Trading boards? I simply downloaded the game and played. I wasn't aware they ever had a forum. (It's ostensibly a kid-friendly game, so I am surprised they even have a forum. People in forums are DICKS. :D)

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

A single 10-card booster is 195, and the only actual 10-card one available is Legendary Treasures. There was discussion a while ago, iirc, of the 5-card one at 95 tokens being less good than the 10-card because the 10s have a guaranteed rare in there or something...? It costs exactly the same amount as 6 of the 5-card boosters, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

mistaya posted:

I basically stopped playing after they removed daily rewards, the challenges are pretty dumb and you can't do them with any success in PVP, and the bot-games are seriously pointless. Sad, I had a really nice Reshiram/ReshiEX deck that I loved a lot but I just can't be assed to log in anymore.

Same here.

• Locked thread