Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
In as Cernunn0s.

Man I hope they get a better artist on this thing becuase :drat: those character/avatars. Staring into my soul; judging me. The program itself could use a somewhat less cumbersome/clunky interface but it's good enough for now.

I wonder if my brother has the redemption code for that deck he bought a while back still lying around...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Forer posted:

The same one he's in infact, grass! It's the best.

That Yanmega. :allears:

Wish I had more than the 1 copy of it.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Serperoth posted:

I think you get two of them by unlocks. It's pretty great, comparable to Serperior (only more fragile)

I have it fully unlocked and it only gave me 1 for my Collection.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
:argh: Dammit game, that win I got before you crashed better still be there when I get back in!

Edit: It did. Good. :comeback:

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 1, 2013

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Now that I've seen all 3 Basic Decks I've got to say the Fire one is kinda boring.

The Water Deck has Samurot doing decent damage and destroying Energy, Seismitoad doing great damage and healing itself, and Milotic dealing lower damage but locking the opponent down with Sleep.
The Grass Deck has Serperior doing good damage and healing itself, Baeutifly healing the whole team, and Yanmega blasting around being loving invincible and retreating for free to top it off.
The Fire Deck has Emboar doing great damage, Ninetails working well off Vulpix but being unable to do much on it's own, and Blaziken doing everything Emboar can but better.

It'll be nice to make my own decks soon.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I just started playing, and have unlocked all three of my first decks, and figured I could try some PvP. I went Expert because it sounded like Novice wasn't useful, and I immediately got destroyed in my first three Modified rounds. Everyone has Mewtwo EX, Genesect EX, and other retarded 170+ HP two-energy 50+ damage basic pokemon seemingly making up their entire deck. I thought Modified was supposed to keep dumbass power creep in check, what the hell? Mewtwo EX has a two-energy attack that is 20x number of attached energy on BOTH pokemon, meaning it will reasonably be 80 damage or more.

EDIT: In as LockeDunnegan, but maybe not for long if it is either playing against retarded AI or unbeatable players.

Play Theme games until you can make a better deck. 'S what I'm gonna do.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

The Leper Colon V posted:

Hydreigon is a loving monster, and I love him so. :getin:

I pulled this and the Zweilous from 1 of my 5 free packs and now all I need is a few Deino of various flavors and maybe some Psychics and I'm making a Dark/Psychic deck.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

If you can get the starter deck that he comes in, he comes with Golurk and Houndoom, who are really good for what they are.

Well now I have 2 things on my "To Get" list. This deck and the HG/SS Daybreak deck for this ridiculous thing. :stare:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
It's in the Solar Strike deck and definitely seems like a worthy addition to any deck using Water types.

So that plus the 2 Bouffalant and the 2 Double Colorless Energy's from the Basic Grass deck would make a good start to an anti-EX deck.

Edit: Fun fact: Eviolite is ridiculous in this, in that it can be used on Bouffalant and it stacks with its ability. Hello designated Tank.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 3, 2013

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Just checked the main site myself to find that out.

11PM GMT. ~4 hours from now.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Apparently they changed the Trainer Challenge Deck unlocking system for puchased/redeemed decks. Not sure if this means no more free doubles or not. Someone should test this.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
code:
15 Water Energy
2  Double Colorless Energy

2  Aspertia City Gym (Stadium)
2  Caitlin (Supporter)
2  Cheren
2  Cilan
2  Energy Retieval
2  Ether
2  Giant Cape
2  Level Ball
2  Switch

3  Chatot
3  Jigglypuff
3  Kangaskhan
3  Meowth
3  Tympole
3  Whismur
2  Loudred
2  Palpitoad
2  Wigglytuff
1  Exploud
The Tympole and Palpitoad are different from the Basic Water Deck ones too.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 4, 2013

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Raitzeno posted:

Is there some form of in-game messaging or private chat system that I'm not aware of? Cause if not there needs to be. :sigh: Sifting through endless people touting ridiculous trades in lobbies is just not going to work.

Double Click a name in your Friends list. It'll add a new Chat tab between you and that person. :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Mercury Crusader posted:

I don't know if it's just me, but after adding all those new Rallying Cry decks, I noticed that the cards are tradable. Anybody else got that?

Yeah. It appears all the cards from the Rallying Cry decks are tradable.

Of course that also means the cards in it that might have been worth something are now practically worthless since everyone can redeem 4 copies of the deck.
Flood the market with Double Colorless Energy. :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Elblanco posted:

I pulled a full art raikou ex last night!

From one of the free untradeable packs...

The only cards you can trade are the ones you get from redeemed Booster Pack/Deck codes. Not including Power Relay.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
When I logged in after it patched the Basic Orange and Power Relay (and my new Rallying Cry) decks suddenly became available for use in the Trainer Challenge and none of them are saying they need to be unlocked. I think you've hit a bug.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
It is a Beta so it does crash every now and again.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
You're better off just looking over the Deck lists on Bulbapedia to make your choice. It really all depends on what you want to do or if you're after (a) specific card(s).

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Jibo posted:

Honestly, I think that part of the utility for this card may come from letting you clear your status, boost your HP, and possibly get a useful pokemon power without worrying about the pokemon becoming a useless brick if you don't have the energy for the evolved form's attacks.

Not to mention that it's attack is effectively U-Turn. :argh:

I'd love to have that card to add to my Grass/Psychic deck.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Maybe we should put some :siren:s around the whole "currently in open Beta" part of the OP?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
You don't. They're being fazed out. You'll have to get a Noble Victories Booster redemption code if you want something from that series.

Until they add that series back in as a purchasable anyway which I hope they do.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Emalde posted:

So I'm just stuck either finding somebody willing to RMT the Victini, or seeing if they decide to grace us with the older packs in the in-game store?

Or you can buy Redemption Codes online. Or you can go Booster hunting.

My local Walmart still has Platinum booster's lying around. Does me no good since they're not redeemable but still, I'm sure if you look around you can find some Noble Victories packs somewhere.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

The Series that's in hasn't come out yet in English. Presumably we'll be getting it at it's slated release date in November.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Game crashed as I 4-starred the Electric guy. :v:

Log back in after the crash and open my booster. Out comes 2 Bidoof one of which is a Foil (:downs:) and both Gabites (:stare:) from the set. I'm building up quite the collection of Dragon Type cards.

Sharkopath posted:

Did the patch suddenly change how many tokens you got from trainer challenge battles? I remember getting 10 or 15 before and now I get 1 and only one each time. :smith:

You get an additional 10 for hitting 1 and 3 stars on each trainer. Not sure what you get at 2.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
/\/\:I'm enjoying the Psy Crusher deck right now. Plus it gives you a Psychic deck to use in stomping the AI for free boosters. :v:

Dragon Call Gabite is almost essential for a good Garchomp deck. (And Mach Cut Garchomp is usually the best meta-call)

I'm thinking 2 Sand Attack Gible, 2 Dragon Call Gabite, and 1 of each Garchomp. Now all I need is to find a few things that mesh with it.

2 Mach Cut's might do a bit better but I'm always worried (probably pointlessly) about decking myself out.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
If you do Multiple Energy types Cilan is a must have Supporter.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
An idea for the improvement of the token system and Multiplayer:
  • Adjust price of 5 Card Booster to 150-200 tokens
  • Adjust price of Theme Deck to 600-800 tokens
  • Maintain current rewards (15 for logging in, 10 for first multiplayer match per day, free Booster every 5th day)
  • Award 2 tokens to anyone who participates in a multiplayer match
  • Award an additional 2 to the winner of a multiplayer match
  • Cap daily Token gains at 200 (That's Login + ~44 mathces to hit the cap, seems like more than enough)
You could potentially get a booster a day and there's always going to be incentive to play a few matches every day. Maybe adjust the reward so the first 5 matches give you 10 Tokens for playing then 2 after that?

Does this make me sound completely stupid/insane?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I've been rotating around to whatever gives me type advantage. Unfortunately against the Psychic decks this is something of a liability.

Also :argh: Poison deck! :argh:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Emalde posted:

Does each Victini's ability still work if you have multiple benched?
I don't know you tell me. :v:

Victini's Ability 'Victory Star' posted:

Once during your turn, after you flip any coins for an attack, you may ignore all effects of those coin flips and begin flipping those coins again. You can't use more than 1 Victory Star Ability each turn.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Welp got kicked off because of maintenance but at least I managed to finish the Gold Leauge. Pulled a Virizion-EX out of the last pack.

Time to make myself a Grass deck when I can get back in. :v:

Still no Full Art cards though. :smith:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Esroc posted:

They certainly have odd maintenance schedules. I'd think that the evening would be when most people are playing. How long do they usually last?

This one's only supposed to be about 2 hours. Last time it was about 4 hours or so.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Maybe they noticed the bugs people were talking about.
I imagine they'll still be there when we get back.

Looking through some of the older cards I imagine a lot of people would love to see this reprinted as a current Pokemon-EX.

Again. :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Mercury Crusader posted:

I missed out on EX Team Rocket Returns, so I'd like to explore that set.

I like Team Rocket Pokémon, okay? :(

If you wanted to play some kind of Legacy game you could run 4 of your Team Rocket's Meowth's and 4 Rocket's Meowth. :downs:

I like Team Rocket Pokémon too.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I think I found a few Supporters that might be worth carrying in some decks. All of them are HeartGold & SoulSilver sets though so you'd have to trade/buy redemption codes/booster hunt to get them.

Professor Oak's New Theory: More Draw power
Fisherman: Good for Energy burning decks
Copycat: Again Draw power
Twins: Opponent takes the lead; Hello Stage 2 Pokemon/EX/whatever I want/need.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'd say save up and see about getting another deck then start buying boosters.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
You're gonna need to build an Anti-EX deck with Suicune (from the Solar Strike deck) and Bouffalant (from the Basic Green deck) plus anything else you can find.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Is there a drawback to using special energy cards? In Magic, special lands usually have some sort of drawback like not being able to produce mana the turn you play them, and when I was a kid I remember Rainbow Energy damaged your pokemon when you played it. But now I'm seeing cards that can count as any of three types of energy with no apparent drawback. Are there hidden downsides, or as your collection improves do you want to ditch all your basic energy cards and replace them with upgraded versions?

You can only have 4 of any given special energy in your deck and they can't be reclaimed from the discard as easily as Basic Energy are the main downsides.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

W.T. Fits posted:

As far as Anti-EX tech is concerned, if you're already dipping into Water for Suicune, would Vaporeon also be worth running?

Less powerful than Bouffalant but much quicker to get out and rolling so I'd say definitely.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Giving Ali better AI would only result in making her nearly unbeatable at higher levels.

:argh: gently caress Poison decks! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Buy physical boosters/theme decks and redeem the codes they come with.

• Locked thread