Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012
Gave this a few rounds for the nostalgia and my 4th trainer's booster pack contained an ex mewtwo :science: (where is this luck when I actually need it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Why would I ever use this? It's unable to attack at half your prize card amounts, its only attack puts itself to sleep, and its retreat cost is high. I'm not even good at this game but I can tell that this Slowbro sucks.

No question that's a bad card, but don't forget that it still gets you 80 damage for only two energy. That card could absolutely do work if the prize restriction weren't in place - swinging for 80 damage on turn 2 with no double colorless is definitely not bad, and there's no end of items to fix the status ailment issue (which is only 25% chance to be a problem anyways).

TheresNoThyme fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 2, 2013

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012

Cityinthesea posted:

gently caress those people who put 4 Darkrei EX's in their decks :argh:.

Haven't actually played with them yet but one of the plasma theme decks has these guys: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Suicune_%28Plasma_Blast_20%29 which seem like they could do some work.

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

Double Click a name in your Friends list. It'll add a new Chat tab between you and that person. :v:

The UI in this game is hilarious sometimes. I think it took me 5 booster packs before I realized you could always zoom in on a card by right clicking and you can view all of a card's evolutions + variations by clicking on that 3 box icon.

TheresNoThyme fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 4, 2013

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012

Rhygezenguro posted:

Can anyone think of any evolved monsters that would make this useful? I just got it and don't know what to do with it aside from hit and away tactics.

Also rhygezenguro in-game but not really doing things that aren't trainer battles right now.

Little late to this but one big thing you want to look for are pokemon that have rage abilities, like Charmeleon. Being able to do damage based on damage taken is great on big hp stage 3 evolutions and it also gives you some surprise factor if you play your celebi on the same turn.

Also while it isn't a super competitive strat I'd consider running it with Ninetales since you would get access to vulpix's guaranteed burn attack which combos nicely with her hex attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012
So I learned something interesting while playing around with my new psychic deck. When a card like mewtwo ex does damage based on "the amount of energy attached to this pokemon," it doesn't mean "the number of energy cards" but rather the amount of energy period. So Mewtwo ex coupled with Gardevoir's ability does a minimum of 80 damage for two energy.

Google tells me this is all intended behavior but man does it feel dirty to make mewtwo ex even stronger.

• Locked thread