Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
So I've been running Call of Chernobyl with the most recent AO and a the Dynamic quests mod.

But it still looks pretty dated. Are there any recommended + compatible texture mods? Also, is there any way to increase the grass draw distance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
What's the deal with E.Nigma's AO3 port for CoC being taken down from ModDB?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Wrong thread

Azran fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 25, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Probably a dumb question but I seem to be getting some kind of weird texture effect in CoC. I'm not exactly sure how to describe it but it's super noticeable on NPCs where the textures on the clothes seem to scroll in a repeating pattern when I look around, and everything at a distance seems like it's vaguely underwater. Is this a setting loving up somewhere or has something gone terribly wrong?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

CoC 1.4 got released :toot: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/news/call-of-chernobyl-14-released

Download Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/call-of-chernobyl-14-full

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 26, 2016

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Hurrah! Where can I find the registry entry so I don't have to install CoP?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Does CoC have any of the tweaks that the complete mods do?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Robot Randy posted:

What's the deal with E.Nigma's AO3 port for CoC being taken down from ModDB?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/arsenal-overhaul
Arsenal Overhaul 3 addon for Call of Chernobyl 1.4.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

:toot: gently caress yes

Wasn't there a mod that improved the knife, by the way?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Holy snorks, back the fun bus the gently caress up.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Seems there are a couple of crashes due to a missing scope :v:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Is the faction warfare mod for CoC updated for the latest version yet?

Because holy gently caress if so i've found a better post-apocalyptic sim/warfare game than Clear Sky is when modded.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
fuuuck now i can't work on tunes for a few days

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I'm not getting dragged into that now, I can't stay up until 3AM for the next two weeks.

How is the quest content? Is it just like the add-on for 1.3?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Of course this has to drop right before I start a 6 day work week

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
OH thank you jesus. Been waiting on this for a while. Fallout 4 can suck it, I'm going back to the zone.

There's a certain survival-FPS-RPG void that's filled by this game that no other can come close to.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Fun bug. If you click on Survival Mode your game WILL be Survival Mode no matter if you untick it after or not.

By the way, is there any way to add portraits to the available selection per faction? Also, character_desc_general is still the place to go to alter loadouts, correct?

Azran fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 27, 2016

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
I haven't played Stalker for several years - I remember back then I'd just install Stalker Complete for bug fixes and graphics improvements, but it seems like the mod landscape has changed a lot since. What's the current "basic" mod to download?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

gohuskies posted:

I haven't played Stalker for several years - I remember back then I'd just install Stalker Complete for bug fixes and graphics improvements, but it seems like the mod landscape has changed a lot since. What's the current "basic" mod to download?

Call of Chernobyl

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Where can you access traders and mechanics as a Mercenary in CoC? Or should I play another faction if they have none/are very limited?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

toasterwarrior posted:

Where can you access traders and mechanics as a Mercenary in CoC? Or should I play another faction if they have none/are very limited?

I think Dead City has the main merc base. They are pretty limited because everyone hates you except ecologists probably

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
There's a few hard mode choices in COC. Zombies, Mercs, Military and Monolith have pretty much everyone hating them and very little opportunity to engage in commerce.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

It just means more potential for looting corpses.

I give MISERY poo poo, sure, but one thing I liked was the ad hoc armor attachments. Adding steel mesh, mutant hide, Kevlar patches etc via artifact slots.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 27, 2016

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Last night i started up CoC and after killing several zombies, i now have a Protecta and a Pechneg. Amazing.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Survival Mode is pretty fun, I must admit. The Dead City start gets pretty hectic with so many zombies coming from everywhere.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Monolith. posted:

Last night i started up CoC and after killing several zombies, i now have a Protecta and a Pechneg. Amazing.

Yeah letting scientists/clear sky get blown away by the zombies in yantar is a pretty easy way for some loot, and then a repair kit will get you a decent weapon or two to put you on your way.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Ddraig posted:

There's a few hard mode choices in COC. Zombies, Mercs, Military and Monolith have pretty much everyone hating them and very little opportunity to engage in commerce.

In 1.3 bandits seemed like the hardest start, because not only does everyone hate them, their equipment is poo poo. At least with Monolith you can presumably get some good supplies from your trader.

Of course I never did either because it didn't seem fun.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

1.3 military was fairly easy imo, a lot of people hate you but you still get all the good traders and two mechanics and a fairly central base (agropom) with lots of outposts everywhere

Clearing the bar of filthy loners was pretty cathartic also. Chased barman into his backroom and shot him cowering and alone.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
some thoughts on 1.4 with ao3:

-weapon degradation is too fast imo
-the zone is packed full of firefights and mutants on default spawn settings
-what is the artifact container for?
-where can i get a svarog detector now? can't seem to easily loot one off of dead ecologists anymore
-do artifacts still spawn in anomalies? i checked several anomalies with a bear detector and found nothing. are they just rarer? the only artifacts i've found have been on corpses

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Install is CoP, run once, then CoC right?

Dodged a SVD shot meant for me apparently, because the game crashed. Such is Stalker.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 27, 2016

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

This all sounds amazing. Do you need all three games or just CoP?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Just CoP.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
You don't even technically need CoP since its standalone, the only purpose of it is that the install requires you to have Call of Pripyat somewhere on your system otherwise the COC team are essentially giving away a Stalker game for free.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

big cock Salaryman posted:

some thoughts on 1.4 with ao3:

-weapon degradation is too fast imo
-the zone is packed full of firefights and mutants on default spawn settings
-what is the artifact container for?
-where can i get a svarog detector now? can't seem to easily loot one off of dead ecologists anymore
-do artifacts still spawn in anomalies? i checked several anomalies with a bear detector and found nothing. are they just rarer? the only artifacts i've found have been on corpses

Zombies are crack shots once they get a bead on you too.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Yes!
Time for the Zone, Laters commonwealth.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Any additional add ons you guys suggest, or just stick with CoC for now?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Meridian posted:

Any additional add ons you guys suggest, or just stick with CoC for now?

Arsenal Overhaul gives you lots of cool guns with animations. E.Nigma is a hell of a modder. Make sure you get the CoC version.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

How can I improve the range of the knife? Is it a variable in the w_knife.ltx file? I see a max_radius value but not sure it's that :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Monolith. posted:

Arsenal Overhaul gives you lots of cool guns with animations. E.Nigma is a hell of a modder. Make sure you get the CoC version.

It is indeed sweet as gently caress. Rocking an M16A2 and a Russian .357 revolver now.

Gotta edit the AI to drop their ammo on death though, its impossible to keep it going :( Anyone know where to do that off the top of their heads?

EDIT: Nevermind, I ~LEARNED TO AIM~ and now poo poo goes decently enough. Just emptying mags I find, and keeping good rep with the Mercs to pay for 7.62 ammo for my SCAR-H I found on a dead comrade. This gun fucks nerds up hardcore.

Found an L11A5 too, or whatever the .338 Lapua Magnum rifle is. It devastates dudes.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Sep 28, 2016