Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I played a bit of SoC when it was the new hotness but I don't think I got very far, this thread and GuavaMoment's awesome image album have inspired me to pick up the game again.

As someone who is pretty much a purist when it comes to modding games, will SoC Complete change the game itself or just make it look nicer and run better? I don't even use Biomod for Deus Ex, just the one mod that makes it render properly on newer computers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

So right now I'm fighting my way out of the research center which is effectively where I stopped playing my first foray into STALKER, only having it made to the bar last time. Interestingly last time I was here I felt fairly far-in to the game, but this time I feel like I'm barely getting started. It's weird, I probably couldn't tell you exactly -what- about the game I find compelling, but I do find it compelling.

I am tempted to advance into the 20th century and actually Mod a Game, because even though I want a strictly vanilla experience there's little details that keep bugging me, like my map still yelling at me to kill bandits in the factory ruins, and my PDA entries always appearing to be new every time I open it. Was the ZRP mentioned in the first draft of the OP? I swear I didn't see it there before but it does seem to be about what I'd want.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I may just be familiar with the early-game anomalies because of my various attempts to play the game over the years but they've never killed me, and I can't imagine running into the ones that cause the anomaly detector to go BEEPBEEPBEEP at you. Maybe Complete makes them easier to walk into?