Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Hey Ddraig, forgive me if I missed it, but do you have a link to your mod? Would you all still recommend Swartz mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Measly Twerp posted:

It seems mega is broken at the moment, I just get "Temporary error, retrying." It never downloads.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b3bzdr

Try that

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Hi thread. I'm using the steam version of Shoc and I'm getting an error when I try and play OGSE.

I started a new game and my fsgame looks like: $game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I was hoping you'd post. Thanks, dude.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Whoever thought those turrets in OGSE was a good idea needs to seek a different hobby. Thank God for that tweak that makes them useless.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Pripyat with that experimental file is amazing now that I can play the game without suffering a two to four second stutter every couple seconds. The Arsenal Overhaul is pretty awesome too.

Apparently, ZoA has been updated for 1.0006.

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 26, 2014

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

You know, as stable as OGSE is, it's been crashing like hell for me. No bugtrap either it just pauses, does a CTD, and then i need to task manager it to kill the game exe file.

Also, why is my screen sepia'd out and I can hear a rather loud heart beat?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

So after removing one file, I got Autumn Aurora 2 to work pretty well. If any of you have played it, is there a way to bring back at least your ammo counter? I'm really digging the minimalistic hud and how nice the game looks.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

My PDA in SGM 1.7 says I can give mechanics gear that I don't need for spare parts. So...how do I do that?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I would have liked OGSE more but it kept CTD'ing for no reason on me. I've had zero issues with Autumn Aurora 2 and now that I'm used to not seeing my ammo counter it's actually pretty awesome. SGM 1.7 is pretty crash free too but sometimes the menu will just glitch out and I'll have to ctrl-alt-del and it'll magically fix itself when I click task manager.

When Stalker crashes and the bugtrap report doesn't come up, does it still generate one in the log files?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To all you OGSE completionists out there, could I get a hint on where to find the docs that Fox needs to take to Sidorovich?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone get this mod to work? I managed to get through the Russian installer somehow but it still didn't work.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/shoker-weapon-mod/downloads/shoker-weapn-mod-v21-11-april-2014

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Whoa, I guess reinstalling did fix Shoker. Holy crap does this mod run like a dream and look amazing.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Ddraig posted:

OGSM was originally a clear sky mod, I guess. The SoC version was based on AMK and OGSE was an expansion to it that turned into a fully fledged mod.

I've included a few elements of SGM and OGSE. Mainly the eclipse weather effect, dynamic huds and what have you. I'm going to see if I can add in horror time and the dynamic news since clear sky is probably the only game that justifies all the poo poo talking.

OGSM is probably the most fun, stable clear sky mod I've used.

It seems that in general while Clear Sky is a super buggy game all the mods that I've played that were made for it are not. It's very strange.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Coonskin_Cap posted:

Hey yall, could anyone rehost the improved lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll. file from the OP? The file is currently set to private on mediafire. Thanks.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o9x9kg

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I didn't find Shoker to be too difficult but for some reason Clear Sky and Pripyat just don't hook me as well as Chernobyl does. Clear Sky especially as it's just so boring. To be honest I'd really love another Arsenal mod with all the guns, reload animations, and models from Shoker with the bullet damage from Autumn Aurora 2 in Chernobyl.

That's terrible, Ddraig.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

The day time in AA2 is pretty darn bright but the nights are really dark and it forces you to play fairly conservatively. Maybe you just got bad luck with the weather. I had to play the whole Yantar section at midnight so, yeah.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Acquire Currency! posted:

Alright so I need to be told how to get Shoker working or how to install it. I got it all set up how its readme tells me to do it. I try to start it from the host file in bin folder and it opens up the box, though it's all in Russian. Clicking on any of those either starts the game which instantly ctd's or it just doesn't do anything.

Get the installer, install it as best you can (the important parts are in English). Make sure you have a clean install of CoP or it'll probably crash. I didn't install Atmosphere or S.W.T.C, make sure you tick the steam version check box. Launch it from the icon on the desktop and click the top button, I think. If it didn't crash or mess up, you'll be greeted with a custom load game, new game, etc screen. Also, make sure you point it at the Stalker folder, not inside it or it'll mess up too.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Apparently Lost Alpha is coming out tomorrow?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Priboi Story Overhaul is a strange mod. Hopefully Lost Alpha will be available tomorrow.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

LA torrent: http://gameupdates.org/details.php?id=5770

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Well, Lost Alpha doesn't remember my graphics settings and apparently never actually saved despite it saying it did. This feels like an official STALKER release alright.

Set compatibility settings to XP, administrator privileges.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Well, the mod is pretty neat but it pauses for a couple seconds when I go to the escape menu and the game breaks if you try and reassign the quickload and save buttons. I figured my PC can run this pretty well but it seems to be a bit of a beast.

And yeah, don't install it to program files, that breaks it to from what I've read.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

straight jerkers posted:

It takes me 10+ seconds just to open the menu when I hit esc. :lol:

This is really a frustrating thing to deal with. Quicksaves take even longer as it looks like it writes every single thing into a file or something.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Don't forget to make the exe compatible with XP and run as Admin otherwise your settings and game won't save!

Bone crash? Open the console and type in g_actor_body off

Also a good site for bugs, reporting, etc: http://www.dezowave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1648

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 29, 2014

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Hopefully they find out why trying to open the escape menu takes forever to come up.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Ddraig posted:

This is usually a problem with too many update functions, or a function that is firing too much and doing too much when it is being called. This is a problem with the dynamic shaders for SoC aswell because of the update function Meltac uses.

Is there anything I can do on my side like pick different lighting or...?

Or just wait for a patch?

Speaking of a patch, here's 1.3001

http://www.mediafire.com/download/luxs9thrxh9v87a/STALKER_LostAlpha_patch_1.3001_.exe And patch notes: http://dl.oblivionlost.pl/lostalpha/PATCH/STALKER_LostAlpha_patch_1.3001_changelog.txt

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 3, 2014

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Whoa, I'd try that patch if you had a super long escape menu pause. It still takes a couple seconds but it's much more responsive now. I think I might actually try out the mod now.

Full Dynamic (DX9), 1280x720, High settings

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I just started lost alpha, Sidorovich sent me to rescue Fox but I heard a gunshot and failed the mission as soon as I passed the overpass, the Sin guys in the house all just let me shoot them in the face without resistance, and now I'm not sure how I can advance the plot. Did I miss something or what? I installed the AI patch.

I just snuck up on them and blasted them in the face with my AK. Fox caught on fire for a moment but then he went back into a kneeling surrendering potion thing. It was pretty weird.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Paging E.Nigma to the thread. Does Owl still give info on how to get tools for upgrading guns or is that later in the actual game? Arsenal Overhaul 2.2.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

One more question about AA2.2: I have the Wealthy client achievement, shot the dudes who were assaulting the Stalkers at night in the very beginning of the game, but Owl won't sell me the .50? Granted I got a .338 AWM from Nimble but did I miss a step somewhere?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

If you still get a long escape menu/quicksave/loading in Lost Alpha, try going to the bin folder, sending a shortcut right to your desktop and not doing any compatibility options besides admin level privilege. It probably doesn't hurt to add -external (not sure what this does) and -noprefetch to your target line.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Hold up, what's AA2.2? I thought you meant Autumn Aurora but thats SoC.

Arsenal Overhaul 2.2, sorry. And to answer my question, Owl just randomly started selling it.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

nexus6 posted:

The shortcut created by the installer already does that.

Well, it sure didn't work for me until I made one.

staberind posted:

Might I suggest -nointro as well, also, I discovered that mucking about with the actual xr.exe in the bin folder, setting run as admin and in the xp 3 enviroment slowed my loading times dramatically, unwise, so use the shortcut for everything.

Yeah, that too. I'm not sure if it saves your keybindings without setting it for XP.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

nexus6 posted:

Why is it recommended to run Lost Alpha in XP compatibility mode? Since I disabled it my load times are now in seconds, not minutes.

Originally, it was the only way to make it keep your graphical setting and keyboard bindings. I suspect they fixed that with the patch.

I'd still run it in admin mode just in case.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Do you have a link to that OGSM mod?

I still really don't like Clear Sky but this mod isn't too bad: http://www.moddb.com/downloads/stalker-clear-sky-mod-pack-2012

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I keep getting a crash in the Freedom base when I talk to Max to go assault Skull's Duty squad. OGSE 0692 ENG Fixed

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CStringTable::Load
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\string_table.cpp
[error]Line : 53
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : string table xml file not found ui_st_pda.xml, for language us

stack trace:

Any ideas?

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Is SGM 2.2 supposed to balls to the wall hard because holy poo poo it's difficult.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

Yeah, some of the new missions and areas (especially the Dark Valley and Lab X18, gently caress those places hard) are just awful. I recommend you hold off on the mod-added missions and just stick to the vanilla storyline wherever possible until you have the highest tier of everything equipped.

I think I'm just going to skip this mod as it's way too hard even on Stalker. 1.7, the Blackbyte Edition from here is much more fun. Either that or just pop on Arsenal Overhaul 2.2 which I find is even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Whoever who had the bright idea of splitting up the documents in x16 in OGSE needs to be punched.