Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Is there any guide on how to install gunslinger and misery together? Gunslinger seems to be only in russian, unless I am missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The memesphere!

The ending of SoC was so awfully rushed. You have to fight like 2 hours or the same enemy over and over again in a really weird teleporting puzzle, even tho it wasn't a puzzle.

It's not like you are missing anything.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Weather does a lot for this game. Vanilla too, but with Atmosfear you just pump it up to a whole new level.

Raging thunderstorms, super thick fog or thr bright red glow coming from the reactor in the morning. It's all really good.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The lightning effects in the engine are legit the most amazing thing. Playing atmosfear with a thunderstorm going on outside, and the rays of light through every window and little slit are just stunning.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Human FOV is about 110 degrees (Well, you obviously can't properly see that far apart, but you certainly notice movement, etc.)

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I am not sure if I am onboard for an open world Metro. What made Metro 2033 so great is that it was extremely cramped, with a really nice and tight focus on story.

But who knows.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I hope it does not.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I never had a problem with gun choice in the game. You just use whatever you have at hand until you get the Vintorez, then you just throw everything else away.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

It seems not even Stalker is save from this plague they call "immersive mods".

I am a bit surprised since even the old Misery showed some restraints.

I just wanna look at cool lightning effects and loot guns, specifically the Val and Vintorez.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

How do people actually enjoy Misery. I am all for challenge, but when a single mutant in the first 5 minutes of the game takes 90% of your health, half your ammo and destroys 60% armor...i am not entirely sure how I feel about that.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Nevermind I am a stupid and retarded baby. All I had to do was to buy some JHP and cheese the merc camp.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

After trying Dead Air for a couple of hours, I have to say.

It's Misery but hates you even more and is somehow even less fun.
Golly gee. I wasn't sure you could put even more tedium into Stalker modding but here we are.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Ah yes, giving random north soldiers rocket launchers.
Real good for those Invictus runs.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

It's a dumb metaphor because if you go to a restaurant you only get it exactly how they make it. It you want it exactly to your liking, you gotta to it your own.

What happened to the "It's a car analogy smiley", unrelated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So far the “doing jobs for one faction reduces relations with another” thing doesn’t seem to be a problem thanks to the extra bit about only effecting the target of the quest being added in. I’ve got decent duty rep with no harm to Freedom now by just doing what I always did, avoid any jobs that involve fighting against freedom (or vice versa when taking jobs for freedom).

Weridly enough I never had any rep hit with Freedom when doing neutral Duty quests. However, if you do stuff for the military you will always rep hit with CS and vica versa.