Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Is Misery worth trying for someone who beat vanilla CoP on max difficulty and is looking for a harder experience? Is it hard to the point of tediousness or are the complaints exaggerated?

I just reinstalled the game for the first time since release and I figured Complete would be too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Well thanks for the responses. I'll probably download it and see for myself considering opinions are so divided. What about the other mods in the OP, Swartz/SGM? Are they still worth a try? Really just looking for something that will spice up the game as someone who has played through it twice already.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Is there a way to increase the faction rep you gain when completing missions in TFW? I spent a good chunk of time doing poo poo for Clear Sky so they would like me enough to let me join, but now I'm sick of the swamps and would rather join Freedom. I would prefer to get right into the faction wars without having to grind a bunch of missions again.

I was going to join the Mercs but their base is frankly pathetic. Do they even have a weapon upgrader guy?

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I resumed my game in TFW Clear Sky and joined the Mercs, and now the loading screen goes black whenever I try to load a save or leave Yantar. I played as a loner for like 15 hours with no serious issues and I'm also still able to load those pre-Mercs saves without any problems. For some reason joining their faction is crashing my game. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

e: seems like it's not limited to the mercs, since I joined Clear Sky as a test and the same thing happened.

folgore fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 8, 2014