Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

fork bomb posted:

Holy poo poo, Emma's on "House." :staredog:

(Just watched an episode for the first time.)

It's like, exactly the same character. Lots of true believing savior complex furrowing of brows. So earnest. But sexy earnest. Also her pants are not as tight. So slightly less sexy earnest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

BarbarousBertha posted:

It's like, exactly the same character. Lots of true believing savior complex furrowing of brows. So earnest. But sexy earnest. Also her pants are not as tight. So slightly less sexy earnest?

Haha, the same exact furrowing of the brows. Perhaps all this prior "House" furrowing is why she looks older than her parents in OUAT, even though they're the 'same' age.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

fork bomb posted:

Haha, the same exact furrowing of the brows. Perhaps all this prior "House" furrowing is why she looks older than her parents in OUAT, even though they're the 'same' age.

Also, after putting up with Gregory House for six seasons or so, dealing with Evil Queens or Wicked Witches is a cakewalk for her.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

johntfs posted:

Also, after putting up with Gregory House for six seasons or so, dealing with Evil Queens or Wicked Witches is a cakewalk for her.

Dr. Whale diagnoses Hook with lupus and Emma is finally able to recognize that he is her One True Love.

Lava Lamp
Sep 18, 2007
banana phone
I could barely sit through this episode. I only care about Regina and Robin Hood at this point.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
Am I the only one who screamed at Hook to kiss Zelina after she cursed him? She was seriously 2 inches from his face while she mocked him.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

parque bynch posted:

Am I the only one who screamed at Hook to kiss Zelina after she cursed him? She was seriously 2 inches from his face while she mocked him.

I was thinking shank.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

GreenNight posted:

I was thinking shank.

This. But then she said something about his hook not working on her since she was no mere mortal, so I dunno. Still woulda shanked her just to make sure.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

parque bynch posted:

I was right there with you. Course though I'd be tempted to kiss Zelina even without knowing it'd sap all her powers so :shrug:

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I'm guessing the curse-kiss only works on Emma since Hook invoked her name, but it would have been hilarious if Hook kissed Zelena and solved all their problems.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The curse is kissing your ~True Love~.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

effervescible posted:

I'm guessing the curse-kiss only works on Emma since Hook invoked her name, but it would have been hilarious if Hook kissed Zelena and solved all their problems.

True Love's Kiss is the universal antidote to curses, so maybe it's kind of a self-eating watermelon? :shrug:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Irish Joe posted:

I loved Regina's reaction to Ariel: "That fish is in Storybrook?" Regina absolutely killed it this week despite barely being in the episode.

Regina kills it every week. She is awesome. I'll be disappointed if Emma gets to defeat Zelena instead of Regina.

Also she should be playing Malificent, not Angelina Washed-Up Jolie :colbert:

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Has anyone in Storybrooke even tried throwing water on Zelena? It would be pretty funny if that's all it took.

Wheeze
Jul 31, 2007

fork bomb posted:

Has anyone in Storybrooke even tried throwing water on Zelena? It would be pretty funny if that's all it took.

Clearly they have to drop a house on her :downs:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Regina and Zelena should just have a dress competition. It's what we all want.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Wheeze posted:

Clearly they have to drop a house on her :downs:

They need to a house with leaky plumbing on her. Or they could go the Robot Chicken route and try pissing her to death.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Dazerbeams posted:

Regina and Zelena should just have a dress competition. It's what we all want.

I'm eagerly looking forward to season 8 when the show gives up all pretenses and its just women in elaborate gowns being swept away by swarthy men on horseback.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Irish Joe posted:

I'm eagerly looking forward to season 8 when the show gives up all pretenses and its just women in elaborate gowns being swept away by swarthy men on horseback.

...I would watch this.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I don't think we really needed another Cora flashback. But eh, whatever.

When Zelena keeps saying she needs the baby's birth to go back in time, all I can think is Snow in the stirrups and a portal opens up to the past.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Andrew_1985 posted:

I don't think we really needed another Cora flashback. But eh, whatever.

When Zelena keeps saying she needs the baby's birth to go back in time, all I can think is Snow in the stirrups and a portal opens up to the past.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

This is amazing.

I can't stop laughing.

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
So I guess Rumple is not Zelena's dad, that would have been a really awkward make out scene otherwise.

Isn't it a typical fairy tale though, Cora gets screwed over by Snow's mom and both come out looking like bitches, meanwhile Zelina's dad is presumably still alive and has made another 20 babies, scamming vestal virgins everywhere. The Kingdom needs some alimony and child support laws, not to mention much better contraception teachings and supplies. They could start a whole campaign, "This is your womb, this is your womb after a wicked witch has destroyed the Kingdom."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

This show went crazy with the cleavage during this past episode. Sheesh.

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?
Just caught up and I don't think Snow's mom was really all that terrible. I mean, she said some pretty prejudiced things and came across as better than everyone, but as far as actions go, she was in the right. Cora was lying, she called her out. It's not like Snow's mom framed her or anything like that, she was legitimately stealing jewels to pay the guy into silence.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Princess Eva ruined Cora's marriage out of pettiness. She was also the one who humiliated Cora at court in another kingdom.

If Cora was almost married to Prince Leopold, wouldn't he have recognized her years later when he agreed to marry Regina?

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Dazerbeams posted:

If Cora was almost married to Prince Leopold, wouldn't he have recognized her years later when he agreed to marry Regina?

This is a good point. I can't remember if they ever showed Cora and Leopold together in those flashbacks but it is ridiculous to think that Regina's mother would not be a part of the planning/wedding/court.

Just found out tonight that my mom also watches OUAT. :v: We talked about how they did a good job of keeping Regina relatable at the beginning with her love of Henry (instead of being a flat bad guy) and how awesome the costumes are.

E: we also talked about other fairy tale shows, which made me think of "Snow White and the Huntsman." I saw the movie in the theater and really enjoyed it except for Kristin Stewart. She was lifeless and forgettable, which is a shame because the the rest of the casting was great. I feel like they could have done better by pulling someone off the street. Good thing the title character wasn't too big a part of the plot.

fork bomb fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 26, 2014

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Captain von Trapp posted:

True Love's Kiss is the universal antidote to curses, so maybe it's kind of a self-eating watermelon? :shrug:

True love is extremely inconsistent in this show, so there is that.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
This show.
Zelena riding a broom was quite a sight and so was the Game of Thorns flower shoppe.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
A beautiful testament to Snow and Charming's love. Still, if you listen closely, you can hear cardiologists the world over grinding their teeth while muttering "That's not how hearts work, goddammit!"

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

johntfs posted:

Still, if you listen closely, you can hear cardiologists the world over grinding their teeth while muttering "That's not how hearts work, goddammit!"

That should've been the reaction of anyone with half a brain. :v:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So characters live without their hearts for years on end (Cora from when she was Rose McGowan to her death), and the fact that someone ripped one in half is the dealbreaker for you?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Am I crazy, or was this ep entirely lacking in dramatic tension since we knew Charming was alive in present day? Honestly, I'm finding Zelena to be a terrible, laughable villain. I don't think it's Mader's fault necessarily, her character is just more annoying and whiny than scary.

Also the fact that Neal is still showing up in flashback scenes leads me to believe his death won't be permanent.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

Senerio posted:

So characters live without their hearts for years on end (Cora from when she was Rose McGowan to her death), and the fact that someone ripped one in half is the dealbreaker for you?

Look, man, you wanna preserve a heart with magic? That's okay with me. You want to rip a heart in half? Now that's just crossing the line!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

qbert posted:

Am I crazy, or was this ep entirely lacking in dramatic tension since we knew Charming was alive in present day? Honestly, I'm finding Zelena to be a terrible, laughable villain. I don't think it's Mader's fault necessarily, her character is just more annoying and whiny than scary.

It got to the point where I was expecting a flying monkey Charming.

quote:

Also the fact that Neal is still showing up in flashback scenes leads me to believe his death won't be permanent.

Probably not. This is the company that owns Marvel, after all.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Senerio posted:

I hope none of the flying monkeys they brutally murdered this episode were anyone they knew.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

foxatee posted:

Look, man, you wanna preserve a heart with magic? That's okay with me. You want to rip a heart in half? Now that's just crossing the line!

From a storytelling perspective it is pretty bizarre. It retroactively makes a lot of the previous heart-based deaths look unnecessary, and does so in the service of a plot beat ("oh no, Charming's dead!") whose dramatic tension is zero due to the fact that it's a flashback and he's alive in the present.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

BarbarousBertha posted:

Don't forget the dead husband!

Irish Joe posted:

I'm not sure we're watching the same show if you're imagining a male character competent enough to do two things at once.

Senerio posted:

Yeah, had this thought as well. Would've screwed up the Courage bit but until they (quite quickly) resolved the sacrificed heart.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Irish Joe posted:

I hope none of the flying monkeys they brutally murdered this episode were anyone they knew.
I laughed as they were murdering those flying monkeys because of the same thought.

Also kinda glad that Regina got her happy ending/curse breaker there. Was almost just on the cusp of expecting it so I was glad she got it and not Emma.

Captain von Trapp posted:

From a storytelling perspective it is pretty bizarre. It retroactively makes a lot of the previous heart-based deaths look unnecessary, and does so in the service of a plot beat ("oh no, Charming's dead!") whose dramatic tension is zero due to the fact that it's a flashback and he's alive in the present.
Well, what were the other heart-crush deaths? We had the huntsman (Regina's fling basically) and not really anyone else that I remember being important enough to recall right now. I figured there was going to be no tension to it unless they did a "nope Charming's a monkey" fakeout. Just chalk another one up for True Love (tm) I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Sober posted:

Also kinda glad that Regina got her happy ending/curse breaker there. Was almost just on the cusp of expecting it so I was glad she got it and not Emma.

Yeah, Regina getting to break the curse/forgetfulness spell was awesome.

I really liked this episode because it asked and answered a lot of questions.

Who sent the memory recovering potion if not the Charmings/Regina? Neal!

How is Charming alive if he sacrificed his heart? Snow split hers in two!

How will we defeat Zelena? Her amulet holds all her magic!

Who is the truest believer? Henry! But how can he be if he doesn't remember? Give him the book to regain his memory! Where's the book? Snow can magically find it like she did last time! How can we stop Zelena from harming Henry? Emma's savior powers are strong enough!

I'm looking forward to Dorothy in the next episode.

fork bomb fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 29, 2014

• Locked thread