Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

It's fun to see Dr. Whale and Ruby again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Could they not find one older actress to play Merida's mother? She looked like a big sister who went for a tumble in the flour bin.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I love seeing all the random Storybrooke characters. They're always better than the drat Charmings.

Meanwhile, why hasn't Hook had crazy visions?

What's the second half of the season?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Andrew_1985 posted:

I love seeing all the random Storybrooke characters. They're always better than the drat Charmings.

Meanwhile, why hasn't Hook had crazy visions?

What's the second half of the season?

Something something suppressed memories.

I can buy Hook not having known or figured it out by virtue of holy gently caress, this show actually surprised me for once. I assumed we'd get some resolution by this point in either Rumple becoming Dark One again or Emma learning to make both sides of her magic work together.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

So besides Emilie de Ravin, Ginnifer Goodwin is also expecting. That's... going to make the next season weird.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pan Dulce posted:

So besides Emilie de Ravin, Ginnifer Goodwin is also expecting. That's... going to make the next season weird.

Especially because jesus christ 17 months? You haven't even gotten over the first kid, another one??

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No one taught Charming what birth control is.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I feel like this season has been all over the place. Hook has always been a supporting character but his role opposing Emma has him as the focus more often than not. I thought Rumple would be more involved now that he's a "hero" but he's just hiding out in his shop. And now that Regina is a firm good guy, she is as dumb as the Charmings and no longer very powerful.

Merida and the Enchanted Forest stuff is also super humdrum. Where is the show going to go from here?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pan Dulce posted:

Is this really getting another year? It's just so BAD.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's one of the more popular shows on ABC. They'll ride the train until everyone quits.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Dazerbeams posted:

Where is the show going to go from here?
Last I checked next half season involves Greek mythology figures, think they already cast Hercules (Herakles, please) and Hades at the very least.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Sober posted:

Last I checked next half season involves Greek mythology figures, think they already cast Hercules (Herakles, please) and Hades at the very least.

Seems so. They cast Megara too. Plus, Hook's father being cast and Cruella coming back for multiple episodes probably means Once Upon a Time is going to hell.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Sober posted:

I immediately pictured James Woods in blue face paint with bad CGI fire hair and I got real excited.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pan Dulce posted:

Seems so. They cast Megara too. Plus, Hook's father being cast and Cruella coming back for multiple episodes probably means Once Upon a Time is going to hell.

This all sounds excellent to me. The show is most entertaining when it goes full retard.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Pan Dulce posted:

It took me a second to realize that you meant like, literally hell

and not just once upon a time onceing all over the place

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Pan Dulce posted:

Well alright, that sounds like it could be more interesting than (most of) what we've gotten so far.

I will be disappointed if whoever plays Hades doesn't just ham it the gently caress up, though.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 19, 2015

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Gnossiennes posted:

and not just once upon a time onceing all over the place

I laughed so hard I woke up the baby. This is how I'm going to describe the show forever. It's perfect!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Is this really getting another year? It's just so BAD.

I think you will find, in fact, that this season is so GOOD.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

^

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I don't know about that.

I mean, it's really disappointing that the so called Dark Swan isn't actually that dark. Wish she was doing some Rumple level evil rather than angsting.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ither posted:

I don't know about that.

I mean, it's really disappointing that the so called Dark Swan isn't actually that dark. Wish she was doing some Rumple level evil rather than angsting.

No, her family will make her feel better by shouting "Remember who you are!" and maybe Hook will give her half of his heart and the Dark One's spirit will choke on all the schmaltz and be vanquished, and I will clap like a baby. Then Regina's niece twice removed, the Siamese Cat or something, will appear and curse the town to forget who they all are, so they can figure out how Regina hurt the Siamese Cat's feelings and what flavor of family love they have to use to make the Siamese Cat get un-eviled. Snow White will realize she did something bad again, and David will fall down and drop his sword while he talks to her with his soothing voice.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I never expected much actual evil out of Dark Swan, to be honest, maybe that's why I haven't been disappointed by it. Like not only is she the main character, she also has that whole 'Saviour with the most hella dope good magic potential' thing.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Man I know how I and probably a lot of other people will complain that Hook/Emma or Rumple/Belle feels really milquetoast at times but drat when they start firing barbs at each other it is on point. This is not the first time either.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sober posted:

Man I know how I and probably a lot of other people will complain that Hook/Emma or Rumple/Belle feels really milquetoast at times but drat when they start firing barbs at each other it is on point. This is not the first time either.

For sure. Digging Dark Hook so far too, I like the actor and character so it's nice when he has something to do. loving laughed at what their plan turned out to be. That nonsense + Hercules stuff should bring the comedy gold.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I do wonder why DarkSwan turned very powder-y, Rumple turned into some sort of gold toad, Nimue is Mystique, and Hook... has his hair in his face and loses the eyeliner?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Emma and Hook are I guess, nontraditional Dark Ones, so Hook - like Emma - hasn't taken a life yet which is why he hasn't undergone some visual transformation.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Sober posted:

Emma and Hook are I guess, nontraditional Dark Ones, so Hook - like Emma - hasn't taken a life yet which is why he hasn't undergone some visual transformation.

He killed Merlin as the Dark One by crushing his heart. And before that, killed at least two men, from the rings he wears. So both before and after the whole event, he's been a murderer of sorts.

Emma killed Cruella, but I'm not sure she's outright killed anyone as the Dark One. I think we've seen everything of memory-wiped Camelot, so if that's the case, she really hasn't done anything permanent like death. Popped out a heart and popped it right back in. Popped a baby out of someone and it's still there for the mother to use someway, we all know it. Oh, and turned Dopey into a tree, which they still haven't gotten around to fixing.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
I really enjoyed Hook channeling Rumple in Gold's shop.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

He killed Merlin as the Dark One by crushing his heart. And before that, killed at least two men, from the rings he wears. So both before and after the whole event, he's been a murderer of sorts.

Emma killed Cruella, but I'm not sure she's outright killed anyone as the Dark One. I think we've seen everything of memory-wiped Camelot, so if that's the case, she really hasn't done anything permanent like death. Popped out a heart and popped it right back in. Popped a baby out of someone and it's still there for the mother to use someway, we all know it. Oh, and turned Dopey into a tree, which they still haven't gotten around to fixing.
Well I meant that Emma didn't transform until binding Hook to Excalibur which I assumed meant she finally "took" a life as a Dark One - because all the other ones beforehand like Rumple presumably killed a Dark One to take their power (Nimue being the other known exception). Not sure why Hook didn't go scaly/powder white/whatever from crushing Merlin's heart though, I agree.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
hook is the worst and I gagged when he said he "soiled" rumple's wife

like are we supposed to lose all sympathy for him or what? Emma has managed not to be a giant dick as the dark one so idk what they're trying to do. please die and stay dead hook

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sober posted:

I was really confused. I thought she killed merlin, but then he was alive? Also hook killed merlin so...

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
This season is silly. I miss the good wholesome days when the good guys killed guards by the dozen without hesitation and the bad guys wiped out entire villages on a whim.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Troposphere posted:

hook is the worst and I gagged when he said he "soiled" rumple's wife

like are we supposed to lose all sympathy for him or what? Emma has managed not to be a giant dick as the dark one so idk what they're trying to do. please die and stay dead hook

Dark One-ism is like a bad drug, and Hook has an addictive personality, so he is being mean, alcoholic Hook, who has a Dark One hangover so bad, he can't even remember to put his eyeliner on. They have to get him to a Dark One clinic and get him dried out, probably by running him through with a sword while Emma cries about it, and then he comes back mysteriously in the next part.

I suspected they would be going Greek mythology for season 5 and a half when they mentioned Prometheus, so I am glad that Hades was mentioned.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I'm sure they're going to do the whole oh no hook is dead and we must travel to the underworld to save him!! thing which is going to be boring because just let him die guys he's the worst

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
So the Dark One being consumed by darkness seems to be more of some kind of psychological thing than a real thing considering Hook was the Dark One the whole time they had amnesia and showed no hint of being such.

Also I hope that the boat of Dark Ones is some kind of Dirty Dozen of Disney villains that they couldn't cram anywhere else into the story and each one gets matched against a Storybrooke citizen then Regina does a kamehameha.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Argue posted:

then Regina does a kamehameha.

Take my money.

All of it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

And once more, Lily Sparks is much better at telling how I felt about a scene than I ever could be.

Lily Sparks on TV.com posted:

Somehow Rumple totally beat Hook at their duel. Maybe Rumple got his edge from getting all riled up when Hook called Milah "soiled"? I know that riled me up, to hear a woman called "soiled" in the year of our Lord 2015. Soiled. As in soiled by sexual contact. SOILED. It's a family show guys, these are just great messages for little girls to absorb. Let me express myself here via the most expressive instrument known to man a.k.a. the facial planes of Lana Parilla:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Do people really consider the evil centuries-old pirate to be the show's legitimate mouthpiece on sexual politics? Also I'm not sure abandoning your child to go off and cheat on your husband with a pirate is behavior that should be encouraged for little girls.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

He's a murdering pirate, probably not the best role model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He's an incompetent murdering pirate, that's the worst kind.

• Locked thread