Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

What does Rumple even do with his Dark One powers? He owns a shop in the middle of some podunk town and the only person he can fool with his good guy act is the dumbest girl alive.

I appreciated seeing Regina in a fancy dress again. Not nearly enough of that lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dazerbeams posted:

What does Rumple even do with his Dark One powers? He owns a shop in the middle of some podunk town and the only person he can fool with his good guy act is the dumbest girl alive.

Maybe he has another thousand year convoluted plan, which involves learning the name of every child and making deals to get a lot of magic gear and be sealed within the center of the Earth and have his memory erased and both legs broken, all so he can take a trip to Hawaii. Later the rabbit from Wonderland and Hurley the Bean giant will explain to him about planes.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
his motivation used to be finding his son and then his son died and he got over that super quick then belle was his motivation but then he decided no power is definitely more important

now his motivation is: ???????

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
he's already an overpowered magical god I don't really know what more he could possibly want

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rumpelstiltskin: *Engaging in an unnecessarily complicated plan for no reason which will likely make him lose the thing he loves the most* Look, you don't understand, okay. I'm a coward. That's my defining feature, my cowardice. *Confidently murdering all of his enemies while wading into danger, facing the only thing that could possibly kill him* I'm just really afraid, that's my tragedy. Too afraid to do anything hard. That's why I lose the ones that I love. *Throwing Balefire into a huge pile of flames and then running in and rescuing him* If the stuff I do doesn't make any sense, just chalk it up to my cowardly nature, because that's what I am, a coward. It's sad if you think about it. *Facing off against his terrifying father and killing himself, then just kind of giving up when his son dies in a world where people are resurrected with regularity* Are we clear on that? A coward.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

Rumpelstiltskin: *Engaging in an unnecessarily complicated plan for no reason which will likely make him lose the thing he loves the most* Look, you don't understand, okay. I'm a coward. That's my defining feature, my cowardice. *Confidently murdering all of his enemies while wading into danger, facing the only thing that could possibly kill him* I'm just really afraid, that's my tragedy. Too afraid to do anything hard. That's why I lose the ones that I love. *Throwing Balefire into a huge pile of flames and then running in and rescuing him* If the stuff I do doesn't make any sense, just chalk it up to my cowardly nature, because that's what I am, a coward. It's sad if you think about it. *Facing off against his terrifying father and killing himself, then just kind of giving up when his son dies in a world where people are resurrected with regularity* Are we clear on that? A coward.

Oh my god. You are Horowitz and Kitsis aren't you. This your account to get ideas from people that actually make more sense than your own tired ideas for how to end the show. Just please guys, let Regina be happy in the end.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Wasn't it implied that Rumple was going to take Henry and Belle, jump over the town line, and take over the world or something when Ingrid was going to freeze over the town?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pan Dulce posted:

Wasn't it implied that Rumple was going to take Henry and Belle, jump over the town line, and take over the world or something when Ingrid was going to freeze over the town?

I thought that was when he was trying to use the hat then or maybe just move to California. It's difficult to keep track.

radical meme posted:

This your account to get ideas from people that actually make more sense than your own tired ideas for how to end the show.

I don't know what this means.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Troposphere posted:

at this point I just want them to kill off rumple for good and introduce a new character for Robert Carlyle to play and never mention they're played by the same actor

Robert Carlyle is too good to give up but seriously gently caress rumple

My girlfriend was convinced he was going to jump in at the last moment (completing his "be a hero arc") and take all the Dark Ones into HIM, not Hook, to save Hook; and in the process get unwillingly turned back into a Dark One to save everyone else; then somehow survive instead of dying as the plan was.

The sad thing is, that made too much sense and would have been easily accomplished. Someone could have still killed a character at the last second and then it'd be far less stupid. It'd gotten his powers back, completed his arc, and set him up with an actual conflict. And it'd restored him to not being pathetic.

I hate when shows have an obvious, easy solution staring them in the face then poo poo the bed.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 10, 2015

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Blazing Ownager posted:

My girlfriend was convinced he was going to jump in at the last moment (completing his "be a hero arc") and take all the Dark Ones into HIM, not Hook, to save Hook; and in the process get unwillingly turned back into a Dark One to save everyone else; then somehow survive instead of dying as the plan was.

The sad thing is, that made too much sense and would have been easily accomplished. Someone could have still killed a character at the last second and then it'd be far less stupid. It'd gotten his powers back, completed his arc, and set him up with an actual conflict. And it'd restored him to not being pathetic.

I hate when shows have an obvious, easy solution staring them in the face then poo poo the bed.

I know, right? At the very least they could have had him pretend it was a noble, heroic sacrifice (tho I prefer it being one for legit) so while he's still tricking Belle or whatever at the very least she would know he's the DO again. Easy way to get his powers back without people being suspicious right away.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
OUAT constantly ruins its own potential. Like, every drat season. The Dwarves were useless. I have no idea what happened to Merida. The whole Arthur thing feels unresolved... do his people know he's a crazy? What happened to Malificent & Lily? Wasn't Lily filled with Evil?

But even worse than living up to potential, are the constant loving resets. How many loving curses have been cast on Storybrooke? It's insane. Really, just let people come & go at this point. Belle needs to dump Rumple and stay out of town for a couple of 1/2 seasons. The Charmings can kindly gently caress right off too.

Not really interested in the Hercules side of next season, but I really want to see Cruella again.

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

Given that the actress is pregnant, they're totally going to make Belle pregnant with Rumple's baby, and then DRAMA

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Silent Linguist posted:

Given that the actress is pregnant, they're totally going to make Belle pregnant with Rumple's baby, and then DRAMA

because that's just what rumple needs, another child to severely screw up

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Henry definitely needs a newborn aunt or uncle to really complete his messed up family tree, imo.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

esperterra posted:

Henry definitely needs a newborn aunt or uncle to really complete his messed up family tree, imo.

He already has baby uncle (named after his dead father) Neal, does he really need another?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The show is going to hell, I'm telling you. I do not have high hopes for anyone to get a happy ending at this point.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Silent Linguist posted:

Oh god I haven't even thought of that and they are definitely going to do it.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?
She didn't go with them to Hell, is she even in the second half of the series? It could be like the Pan thing, we may see Storybrook once or twice and the rest of the time they're off doing something else. That could eliminate the pregnancy issues alltogether.

The real issue is that Ginnifer Goodwin is pregnant again and in their time Neal isn't even six months old, which is weird, but it's going to make hell even odder. I don't know how far along she is and if they can hide it or if they'll write in a second baby for the Charmings.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Maybe she won't carry as noticeably? She's so tiny and has such fine features that the first time had some changes in face that made it easier to tell something had changed, but a little makeup and luck, that'd be able to be hidden.

I mean, they did it with Morena Baccarin in Gotham.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Pan Dulce posted:

I mean, they did it with Morena Baccarin in Gotham.

Except now she is pregnant with Gordon's kid in the show and in real life

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Except now she is pregnant with Gordon's kid in the show and in real life

I meant a couple of shots in different episodes. You saw it best in the last one. Her face hadn't shown any changes, just some smart labcoats and regular coats that flair at the waist to hide the belly.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

At this point I'm pretty sure the only way Belle is gonna stop being made a fool of by Rumple is if she straight up kills him with the dagger. You wanna get angsty, show? Come on, let's get angsty.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dazerbeams posted:

He already has baby uncle (named after his dead father) Neal, does he really need another?

Yeah but that one is from the most normal side of his family ... Which is saying a lot since that's the side with his grandparents the same age as his mother.

Also I forgot about Neal. Just like they did.

:(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually didn't have much problem with Rumple's evil plot. His heroic redemption wasn't working for me at all and I wasn't sold on it. At pretty much every turn I was always waiting for him to pull a scam. So the idea that Emma gave him an opportunity to steal back power so he took it? Eh, sounds like Rumple to me. He's a lovely person and a mess of a character but that's who he is so whatever. I'm fine with it because for not a single second have I been compelled to root for the guy. He's the bad guy and always has been as far as I'm concerned. Emma was able to resist the Darkness enough to fight it, Hook succumbed but managed to pull just enough heroism out to save the people he loved, and Rumple just said "Eh, gently caress it. I hate having a limp and worrying about bills. I'll take it back." Sounds about right to me.

I mean, its all kind of convoluted but whatever. I'm not watching Once Upon A Time for a tight script and great story. Its never had that. I'm watching to see the Wicked Witch try to steal Robin Hood's baby only to be stopped by the Evil Queen wielding the Sorcerer's wand. Or to see Werewolf Little Red Riding Hood make friends with Mulan and Merida. Even watching Snow White and Prince Charming drag their children and grandchildren to Hades five minutes after getting back from Camelot where they went five minutes after coming from Neverland is a satisfying mind gently caress for my inner child.

But I hate Belle. For god's sakes, woman. Please stop it because I'm sick of watching "I know he hit me, but he just does it because he loves me so much" play out as a fairy tale metaphor. That's just not fun.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I'm just going to say that I have absolutely no understanding of anything that has happened this season, and the only logical conclusion I can reach is that this show is far too intelligent for me.

I am an episode behind, but the last thing I saw was that Hook is now suddenly the dark one and the season has been retconned and he has been bad all along or something? I have no idea. Ooh look at the pretty pictures for 41 minutes per week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Swan was the Dark One but mostly managed to resist, The Snow White-Charming Crew successfully freed Merlin and gained the means to get the Darkness out of Swan with Excalibur but King Arthur turned out to be a dick and he and the Wicked Witch mortally wounded Captain Hook. Swan turned Hook into a Dark One using Excalibur to save him and then erased everyone's memories to try and keep Hook in the dark so he wouldn't be seduced by the Darkness while she tried to find a way to cure both of them. But Hook finds out, goes evil, kills Merlin, and frees all the Dark Ones from Hades damning the Charming Crew but in a final act of heroism resists the Darkness to sacrifice himself to save everyone else and cure Swan. Only Rumplestiltskin pulled a con and took the Darkness into himself and Swan led everyone into Hades to get Hook back.

Oh, and the Wicked Witch gave birth to Robin Hood's baby and tried to steal it away but the Evil Queen sent her back to Oz.

And Merida hung out with Mulan and Little Red Riding Hood for awhile.

And I think Dopey's still a tree.

I know you weren't actually asking for an explanation but I think half the joy I get out of this show is actually spelling out the plot to people and seeing/hearing the absurdity of it all spelled out. I love watching the look on people's faces.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

That new GEICO commercial just reminds me that Peter Pan was an rear end in a top hat. But he was a charismatic rear end in a top hat on Once. Can't wait to see him in Hell.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Pan Dulce posted:

That new GEICO commercial just reminds me that Peter Pan was an rear end in a top hat. But he was a charismatic rear end in a top hat on Once. Can't wait to see him in Hell.

He's actually one of the few good things in the pile of crap that is Heroes: Reborn.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
:getin:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I don't think anyone even knows this show is back tonight haha

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Troposphere posted:

The amount of cameos they're gonna jam into this half of a season is gonna be astronomical...

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
it's already so goddamn dumb good to see ouat back in full force

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
THE CHIPPED CUP IS IN HELL BECAUSE IT DIED TOO

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
rip chip

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
seeing Peter Pan dressed as rumple calling him his son is absolutely hilarious

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
"it's dangerous here, that's why I brought our son here with us. I am a smart and consistent character."

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

Troposphere posted:

Glob dammit, I sure as hell didn't!

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

drat, Jiminy's gettin' frisky! :mmmhmm:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
none of this makes any sense

why is there a giant graveyard where they have to pour a potion on to see dead people when dead people are just walking around freely

why does hook look like a zombie

why are they even doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
why is there a giant pit to hell that Cora controls

why does everyone know where it is

why would you bring your son to the giant pit to hell

so many questions