Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I'm so excited! This is the only weekly series I've let myself become addicted to. So many fun things in this episode. That reminds me, what ever happened to the mermaid? Did they let her go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Lost in all of this love talk is a more important piece of character development:

This is the first time Henry tried to kill someone in cold blood. :golgo:

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I don't understand why, in a world of magic :2bong:, anyone would believe anyone else is dead without seeing their corpse. I like the story though. Plus, oh my gosh, did you see the preview for next week?! I feel like a giddy school girl (and I'm a grown man).

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Chamberk posted:

So why did Neal have to kill a CGI squid?
To get the squid ink that can paralyze powerful magic users like Pan, and dad. They should have played that part up a bit more though. Neal just has this "yeah I think I'll get out of bed and make a bowl of cheerios" way of going about things.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

bbf2 posted:

Can someone explain to me why JAFAR is in Wonderland? I looked it up on wikipedia and apparently every other character is from Alice in Wonderland except they have Jafar from Aladdin randomly thrown in there.
AladdinGenie is there too.
e: oops

nelson fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 25, 2013

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
A flying ship. How awesome is that? I loved the Hook back story as well. Also Hook and Emma. Supposedly a one-time thing but what the hell there could be some good drama there. He's not the father of her son, but he's got a pirate ship and he saved her dad's life. That's good enough in my book.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Manos del Sino posted:

Snow's just naturally insufferable.
I liked her when she was a thief on the run who liked shooting things with her arrows.

nelson fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 1, 2013

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Calling it now. Neal and Tinkerbell.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Captain Mog posted:

Like, did Rumpel ever give any indication that he knew who Pan was before now? Even a small one? Other than vague "don't underestimate him" stuff?
Yeah. They knew each other. That was well established. The only thing Rumble didn't do was call him father. But it was more exciting this way. I honestly did not see it coming.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Barehanded Brother posted:

Maybe they all feel bad for him or Charming needs him and so they open Pandora's Box to get him out, giving us a whole slew of new Big Bads to deal with when Pan is gone.

Kind of rooting for that to happen now actually
Yeah, now that you mention it, that makes so much sense. I was wondering where the next bad guy was going to come from and this is probably it.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

spookygonk posted:

We didn't see Rumple get his separated shadow to return with the dagger, so I guess he's leaving it on the (now deserted) island?
Shadows can travel between realms I believe.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Macaluso posted:

I'm a little disappointed reading the OP though, does everyone here really view the show as a "guilty pleasure that we watch because it's so bad it's good"? Cause I think it's a legit good show.
I've always liked the show and I believe most people here feel the same way. We do recognize it's not perfect though. For instance: Henry isn't the best actor and Regina is a cold blooded mass murderer who should be serving a life sentence but she's also Henry's adoptive mother so that makes everything legit according to the Disney code of justice. Despite its obvious flaws, it's still a genuinely interesting and fun show.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Emma: Sure you don't have other reasons for pushing me toward Neal?
David: Like what?
Emma: I dunno, keeping me away from Hook.
David: You think I'm interested in Hook? Emma, I'm a married man.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Pan was awesome. Best villain by far.

Looks like there's going to be another season. I wonder if the writers wrote this episode the way they did because they weren't sure.

nelson fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 16, 2013

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Macaluso posted:

And Neil was sent through a portal hundreds of years before the curse. I guess the Savoir thing makes some sense though.
Yep, my studies in fairytaleology lead me to believe Neal didn't have to go back. He definitely wasn't part of the curse. Maybe everyone just forgot. David: "Hey Neal, I just thought of something! If you cross..." *green smoke* "Hi! I'm Prince Charming, who are you?"

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Avalerion posted:

You'd think Emma showing up with the kid she gave up for adoption while his legal mother is nowhere to be found would cause some trouble with authorities... :black101:

"Authorities" don't question that kind of stuff. If a woman says it's her kid and the kid says she's his mom, people tend to believe it.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Xealot posted:

How *would* the real world documentation for Henry work, though? All official channels would confirm he was put up for a blind adoption, and is named Henry Mills, wouldn't they? I mean, genetic testing would confirm he's Emma's son, but that'd be a weird case. Regina Mills vanishing 10 years earlier, around the time Emma got out of prison, would be very suspicious indeed...

As long as you can access the birth certificate you've got everything you need. You might think every sector of government did background checks for everyone they came in contact with but you'd be wrong. Nobody has the time or money to do investigations without some reason for it. The school will register you. The DMV will give you a license. All you need is a birth certificate.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

pahuyuth posted:

Does anyone else think that Snow's baby could be evil?

No. Snow and Charming talked about having a baby last season. Also, babies can not be evil. They may grow up to be evil but they are not born that way.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
On a more positive note, Henry didn't annoy me this episode. He just seemed like a normal kid.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Loved the episode but one thing bothered me. Cora's tomb. She died in Storybrooke if I recall. She wouldn't have a tomb in Regina's castle. e: Nevermind. She did fake her death at one point.

nelson fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 18, 2014

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

foxatee posted:

Was I the only one muttering, "Just cut the rope. Just cut the rope. Just loving cut the rope! Why are you waiting?!"

Yeah. The rest of us thought "hair" instead of "rope".

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Yeah it was definitely missing year. David was worried about being a good father the second time around.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I like Hook better. Neal just never looked enthusiastic. Like he never got enough sleep or something. That being said the pirate needs some new clothes. He's always wearing the same outfit.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I agree about the lazy way to solve a love triangle. Hook should have won her heart in fair competition, not by default.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

KilGrey posted:

I think 'true loves kiss' can only break spells and such, it can't stop death. I was surprised at the Neal/Rumple same body twist. I wish they had played that out for a bit longer. I am excited to see Rumple go ape poo poo on the Wicked Witch.

I think Crazy Rumple would have been fun. He's so enjoyable to watch when he's over the top.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I liked Rumple's reason for not picking Zelena.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Didn't Rumple and Cora have some kind of relationship? Maybe he's the father of the wicked witch.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Ela posted:

Or do we think she's just gonna track it down anyway. Not that i think she'll be able to, Regina is far smarter.
Regina doesn't have her own heart. Even so, Regina has made some stupid decisions in the past so I don't see how she is immune to failure.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Great episode overall. The only part I didn't like was the "all your power is bound to the amulet" MacGuffin. It makes defeating magic, and taking away magic, too simple.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Merlinicus posted:

To be fair, it's entirely Regina's fault (better life choices might have lead to a not-evil-queen scenario), so acting like she's the victim here is a little excessive.
I feel deja vu. Did you copy paste that from the season one thread?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Irish Joe posted:

How long are you in for?
Same as you. One more night.
Oh, that's not so bad. Is Regina going soft? :downs:

That's actually the one thing that bothered me about the show. Taking prisoners isn't really Regina's modus operandi. She's more of an execute them immediately in front of the villagers so they learn a lesson type of gal.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Yeah, I didn't get the feeling he was looking at the mirror either. Otherwise he would have freaked out I think.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I don't like that killing someone who is threatening to kill a child and is pointing a gun at said child's head is considered murder in this world. This is textbook justifiable homicide and it's stupid that the writers think this should turn Emma's heart black.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

ashez2ashes posted:

I haven't had time to watch the episode yet, but that sounds like a level of stupid that I don't know if I feel like deailng with for awhile. Maybe I'll let the last few episodes of this show sit until the summer lull...

It's still a good episode.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Remember kids, killing is only wrong if the victim has a name. I could have sworn Snow and Charming killed more than their fair share of guards back in fairy tale land without even pausing to think about it.

nelson fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 21, 2015

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Dazerbeams posted:

For this show, it feels like corruption only happens if you acknowledge it.
Indeed. Much like the way gravity only affects Wile E. Coyote after he looks down.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

gmq posted:

If I like this series (it's fun, a bit cheesy but it can have an emotional impact when it wants to) what else would I like?

The Flash?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I may be an oddball but I enjoyed this week better than last week. There was questing and a crime that needed solving and Arthur and Charming bonding and betrayal and green smoke taking a body away. What's not to like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
This season is silly. I miss the good wholesome days when the good guys killed guards by the dozen without hesitation and the bad guys wiped out entire villages on a whim.

• Locked thread