Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I just want more Emilie de Ravin in my life to be honest. Glad to see they wrote her out of the plot for no reason just to put her back in the plot as yet again another character or hallucination or who the gently caress knows preventing her from having any established characteristics. Spoiler for this week's episode if anyone actually cares about spoilers with this show.

I hate this show as much as I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Hahaha they totally namedropped Rufio.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
As a queer person I am ridiculously excited for this development. I'm so glad they're not pretending like gay people don't exist anymore. It sucks that it has to be an unrequited love thing (god forbid there's a happy lesbian relationship!) but whatever, I'll take it.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Captain von Trapp posted:

I'm not thrilled with it because it's such shameless fanservice. Now sure, OUAT is basically professionally-produced fanfiction as it is, so at least for the moment it's just a minor nitpick if the writers don't make a habit of it.

How in the world is it shameless fanservice? They've changed so much about the original fairytales, but changing someone's sexuality is fanservice? Best not make a habit of queer representation, that's just tacky :rolleyes:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Captain von Trapp posted:

It's pretty much the dictionary definition of fanservice. The issue is not that it involves changing someone's sexuality, the issue is that it involves changing someone's sexuality for the benefit of a fan community that literally had a nickname (Sleeping Warrior(!)) for the pairing.

Again, not a problem in and of itself, but not something I hope they make a habit of.

Fans of this show have a nickname for literally every romantic pairing on it (let's see, there's Swan Queen, Captain Swan, Hooked Queen, Snowing, Rumbelle, Red Cricket, Golden Lace, Wooden Swan, etc etc I could go on all day), I really don't understand why this is something to complain about. You could say the same thing about every single couple on the show (especially for Rumplestiltskin and Belle, considering Belle wasn't even going to return until a huge fanbase popped up for them) , but for some reason this is the only one rubbing people the wrong way. I don't get it.

Also, since Mulan is a legend, it's kind of pointless to say that she has a set sexuality to begin with. The writers obviously don't give a gently caress about following the original fairytales closely, it's strange to see fans of the show speak out against such a minor thing. It just seems homophobic.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
The way the show is edited keeps making me feel like they're going to turn Pan into a mermaid as the fate worse than death. I think because of how out of place the whole Ariel thing felt to what was going on in the main plot.

I really hope they turn Pan into a mermaid.

Also haha Rumple was totally going to make out with Pan's shadow nice job dark one.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I hate Hook so much.

Why is your shirt open there's snow outside idiot.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh why couldn't have Hook died instead at least I could stand Neal as a Heterosexual Love Interest for Emma but Hook is just terrible.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
this show has been getting really good the past few eps in terms of character development, I'm proud of the writers

loving emma shooting hook down every single time he tries to pull true love bullshit on her

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
hahahaha that cgi troll oh my god I love this show

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
wow the real snow queen coming to get elsa is actually pretty clever and interesting I'm proud of you once upon a time

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
The childhood friend tangent was the most random and also gayest thing this show has ever done

It's a shame gay people only vaguely exist until they are written off the show never to be seen again

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I missed this dumb gay show I'm so glad it's back

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Belle is seriously so dumb I feel so bad for the character and the actress what a lame version of the character

I want Emma to go evil so bad it'd be so much fun

The Pinocchio nose torture scene was amazing

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
The lesbian overtones are a good reason to watch there is xena levels of sapphic gazing at each other longingly

I always laugh when Emma is way more concerned about Regina than she is Hook. It doesn't help that Jennifer Morrison just has zero chemistry with her male costars, she always looks deer in the headlights confused during romantic scenes. I felt that way about her romantic scenes in House too so I think it's just her acting...

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Irish Joe posted:

"I found my happy ending. Its you."

:love::love::love:

She just looks so confused!! I like it though, part of the reason I like Emma as a protagonist is that she's actually really awkward and just seems fed up with the stupid magic bullshit her life has become. She's a straight man who's also a magical Disney princess Jesus

I would also enjoy seeing kingdom hearts characters introduced. The dumber this show gets the more I enjoy it

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
They should replace Belle's theme with the sad trombone sound

Aw dang rumple tricked me again, too bad I have terrible taste in men and never learn from my mistakes! Wah wahn wahn

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pan Dulce posted:

Swan really is upstaged by actors that eat up scenes and fill up space, like Regina, Hook, and Rumple. To be fair though, that makes sense to her character. She's a crumpled sack of hosed up for a person, the foster system screwed her, her first family returned her, her first friend lied to her, her first love lied and betrayed her, after leaving her knocked up in prison, she had to leave her child in the same way she was to give it its best chance. So when I see scenes like the one before, deer in headlights, wooden about emotions with passion, caring, love, in my opinion, it's because she's never had it.

But she's opened up to Regina, and, through trusting her heart now does joint magic spells in perfect unison with her, and is weirdly dead set on getting her her happy ending, and raises a child with her.... Just sayin :wink:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
It'd be even more confusing for him because his birth mom would be dating his adopted mom who also happens to be his birth mom's mom's step mom

So many moms!!

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Idk why anyone would watch this show for the dudes except creepy Robert Carlyle fan girls because him and maybe Charming and Henry, sometimes, are the only male characters that are important at all and get any screen time. The love interests get a little more but are usually killed or otherwise written off. Hook hardly gets anything to do but occasionally look sad and be conflicted.

It's actually one of my favorite things about the show-- most of the important characters are women and they drive most of the story. It's the complete opposite of how things usually are and I love it.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
that was awesome I'd watch a show that was just rumple constantly getting owned by women he has wronged. it's really hard to feel bad for him when they've made him so cartoonishly evil but robert carlyle still makes it fun

congrats marian, you get the award for worst death on ouat

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Bicyclops posted:

The knife and spoon will be plastic, against a high chair, because I love this baby show for babies and am a huge baby.

it is my favorite show

nothing else really keeps amping up the crazy like ouat. I never know where they're going to go and anything is possible because it is literally live action fanfiction

I am a big gay baby with gay baby taste

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
zelena is the biggest troll.

adult lily looks nothing like young lily (they're not even the same race) but looks amazingly like maleficent which considering how good the casting department usually is means they probably didn't have any of this planned out in advance

this show has been going off the rails lately but it never really was on the rails to begging with so I don't mind. I thought the charmings being soul destroying baby snatchers was dark but they keep one upping themselves with having a character being mauled to death by dogs on the orders of her psychotic child and then the dogs being made into a coat and now the wicked witch is a crazy rapist

I can't imagine what they have planned for the finale. maybe sora donald and goofy will show up and we'll go full kingdom hearts anything is possible if you just believe

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
oh yeah I forgot about that. Lana Parrilla is just such a good actress she makes Regina super likable even though she's done really awful things like mass murder villages of defenseless peasants

seriously someone give her an award

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
he is there to prove that Emma is totally straight and not in a civil union with her step grandmother who is also the adopted mother of her son

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
he's seriously harshing the sapphic vibe he pops up once an episode to go hey I still exist I guess and then Emma and Regina go on a loving road trip together to hunt down her ex girlfriend or something else out of a fanfic it's getting absurd

edit: this is not a bad thing in fact it is a good thing

Troposphere fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 27, 2015

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
thanks for recommending Lily Spark's tv.com reviews because they're hilarious and super on point

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
during all her romance scenes Emma either looks like she's trying to remember when her next dentist appointment is or deer in the headlights terror.

hook makes me laugh though he's so devoted and in love and Emma is just like you'll do, I guess. why not.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
yeah Jmo is not the best at romance but at least it fits her character this time... kind of. she has plenty of chemistry with her female costars though!

also Lana Parilla just announced she was pregnant so I'm gonna call it now-- somehow they're gonna use magic to transfer the baby from Zelena to Regina

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Bicyclops posted:

Ahahahahaha yes, yes, this is totally what they're going to do and it's going to be the best of fairy tale wizard soap opera. Grumpy, pregnant Regina tearing out people's hearts and using the heart-slave powers to send people to Granny's for cravings.

e: where are you hearing this, though? I don't see anything in Google.

I heard through tumblr but who knows I can't find anything thru Google either so it might have been someone's weird real person fanfiction haha

you know that'd be amazing though and I hope it's true

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pan Dulce posted:

http://i.imgur.com/pMeNxJ4.jpg

Spoiler pic from Mark Isham's Instagram. It's happening Dark Emma is happening!

yessss

I want her to steal rumple's dark one status

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I can't believe Walt Disney's reanimated frozen head on a robot body shows up and saves Storybrooke!!

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
yeah Regina has been the queen of turtlenecks lately and it's breaking my heart

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
it was very intense especially for a show that earlier that season had the characters of frozen as key plot points

and how about that Regina character development

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I cannot wait

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
yeah I have no idea what they're trying to do with Belle. they're trying to have their cake and eat it too by trying to make the rumbelle shippers happy (they are rabid and very vocal) but also making Rumple the main big bad still. it just makes Belle look like a complete moron and it's really unfortunate because she's my fave Disney princess :( they had a good idea with her whole Lacey persona, it made her pretty complicated and gave her a dark side but then they threw that away and never followed up on it

they really just need to bring back Ruby to be Belle's beast.

also Emma sacrificing herself (totally platonically!!) for Regina was great and I can't wait to see Jennifer Morrison play evil

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Jesto posted:

Which shows are you talking about? GoT and Doctor Who have pretty competent women.

Also, "They should do the exact opposite of [thing I hate]" is not the way to fix a problem even if it does exist. I'd prefer to see mutually competent men and women instead of Hook and Charming being completely useless all of the time.

:rolleyes:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
hooks scene with Robin was probably the least invested I've been in anything ever

so glad hook and Emma finally
broke up now they just have to kill him off and I won't have to look at his dumb pirate outfit ever again

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
hook is the worst, and dumb, and terrible

I wouldn't care if they didn't keep shoving him in Emma's and the viewers face like they had any chemistry whatsoever when Emma is off constantly sacrificing herself and making eyes at Regina and Hook is just oh hey I'm here too I guess, isn't my eyeliner and hairy chest pretty and angsty

also had to laugh that he was all hot and bothered when he had to chase Emma but now that she's being more sexual he's like woah there nelly I have standards now for some reason. really not liking the evil=sexually adventurous thing they're pushing. rumple didn't get a raging hardon whenever he used magic but all the evil women are super sexualized and it's coming off really gross

I'm surprised Emma doesn't have more cleavage going on because so far good woman = covered up and evil woman = more boobs (minus Ruby RIP)

I like boobs, especially Lana Parilla's boobs, but let the good ladies show some tiddies too

Troposphere fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Zelena showed lots of boob specifically when she was green and literally raped a man to get back at her sister, wanted to bang rumple

Cora showed off plenty of old lady boob and flashback boob, wanted to bang rumple

Lacey dressed and acted promiscuously, wanted to bang rumple

Snow White only shows off her boobs, surprise, when she's in the evil alternate world. didn't want to bang rumple, thank god

Maleficent covered up when she wanted to become more maternal, same with Regina. Ruby dressed less skimpy when she got character development.

Emma wore a bar maiden outfit once to seduce Hook

that scene with Emma wasn't the only time she made the advance towards him and he reacted badly, happened last week too

it's just getting old, and it's way more uncomfortable when they do it to their protagonist. wasn't bothered by it until this season, where they're really trying to amp it up. they aren't the best writers in the world.

• Locked thread