Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

Come play GTA online with your SASMMA buddies! I've been told you can join the crew no matter what system you're playing on.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/sasmma

Registration is open to anyone who clicks the link, but you should still post your psn/live/social club name so people can figure out who they're playing with.

Use this thread to figure out who's on at what times, let people know you're jumping on, post pics, co-ordinate proper attire, etc. I'll update the OP with scheduling info and things like that.

The actual online game doesn't launch until tomorrow but they opened up a fun bit for the Crew options that I wanted to get feedback on: The crew settings let the crew leader set rank titles, I assume these are tags you can earn while you play with SASMMA set as your active crew,sort of like the calling cards in COD. You get a new one every 10 levels so you can set 10 of them total, 16 character limit. I had them all set up but I guess they didn't save so here are some examples I was using:

Lower levels: Blackzillian, TUF Washout, Lesser Gracie
Mid Levels: Wrestleboxer, BJJ Wizard, WestLinn Gangsta, Pantastic Body
High Levels: P4P G.O.A.T., Matt Serra

Noting for later: Where U at Gorge

Suggest some plz.

(pantastic emblem by Bubba Smith)

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at Sep 30, 2013 around 21:30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

Reserved for future whatnot

Roster:

fans of shirtless manhugging on xbox 360 posted:

SA: Intel&Sebastian
XBOX: DHARMA Horace
Social Club: Intel_Sebastian
US West coast time, on weekends and weeknights.
Up for anything

Bluedeanie - I'm Bluedeanie on XBL

Macaroni Slacks - on Xbox most weeknights and weekends. I'm cool with whatever. I'm looking for people to share time and to make memories with. Make memories with me! My Xbox name is Barry_The_Baptist.

Tezcatlipoca - I'm on Xbox as hurfurdurf.

coconono - I'm coconono on the 360

Macaroni Slacks - I am Zuit Suit Quiet on Xbox. Please be my friend.

Gunblade - please feel free to "befriend" me: Gunblade 888

The Maroon Ninja - Sup dudes - Social Club: TheMaroonNinja - XBL: ninjamaroon

fans of senseless meanmugging on PS3 posted:

Tyree - PSN: tyreebiggums

omg chael crash - my PSN name is omgcarcrash in case you see me. Ask about Lloyd Irivin BJJ and real estate!

willie_dee - All the names were taken (who the tuck already has JTis#1?!) so my name is WILLY-SHAGGER209

FullMetalJackoff - PSN 'Dr_Hillbilly'

Incendiary Pig - My Playstation ID is Helicoptiraptor. Lets get crazy.

MysticalMachineGun - PSN is VanSemiru - and Social Club name is the same.

OldCaptainLog didn't say what system he's on

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at Oct 12, 2013 around 16:51

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

James Thomoson
#1 B league HW
(and of our hearts)

When does it come online?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

It's the Dollaway or the Highway.

willie_dee posted:

When does it come online?

Hopefully tomorrow, October 1st, but since half the world owns the game we can guarantee that Rockstar's servers are going to go to poo poo. I think online will be up and running by Friday.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

There any BANG BROS in this thing? You gotta let people BANG BRO.

Also, from the thing I posted in the Bellator thread (assist to MassRanTer), I nominate "Supperweight" as a low level thing.

(I'll eventually pick up GTA5, probably)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

LobsterMobster posted:

There any BANG BROS in this thing? You gotta let people BANG BRO.

Also, from the thing I posted in the Bellator thread (assist to MassRanTer), I nominate "Supperweight" as a low level thing.

(I'll eventually pick up GTA5, probably)

I think if you wanted to be nutso you could just register a social club account without the game. Also if anyone has max payne 3 you can jump on and play that game with our crew tag on and earn us...stuff?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

bran mind controls a dragon and kills danaerys

This reminds me that the social club account I made when GTA IV came out is called Zack_Brofist (???)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Highest level has to be Mage of Blackest Night right?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

LobsterMobster posted:

Highest level has to be Mage of Blackest Night right?

Matt Serra was the top before I realized you can't actually save these yet. I had like 5 other good ones I'm completely forgetting too. The 16 char limit would chop that one though.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Matt Serra was the top before I realized you can't actually save these yet. I had like 5 other good ones I'm completely forgetting too. The 16 char limit would chop that one though.

drat it.

"Most Lamentable Dustman" is also too long

Where U At Gorge clocks in right at 16.

PunchKickWow if there are any Supa Fite League fans.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I nominate splushi at any level.

I'll be getting GTAV in a paycheck or two and once my friend is off my couch so I can have my living room back. I'm Bluedeanie on XBL though if any of you weirdos wanna be my make-believe video game friends.

Macaroni Slacks
Apr 22, 2007

Taffy is delicious!

I just picked this bad boy up and will be playing on Xbox most weeknights and weekends. I'm cool with whatever. I'm looking for people to share time and to make memories with. Make memories with me!

My Xbox name is Barry_The_Baptist.

Tyree
Sep 10, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

PSN: tyreebiggums

I will probably try out multiplayer by the weekend. I don't think it will go very smoothly for the first few days.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Totally in, may even have Joe Lauzon tagging along. Seriously. Ssshhhhh.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Okay guys from this Rockstar update I think the servers are going online tomorrow at 7 AM EST/4 AM PST.

Aurain
Mar 7, 2013

That emblem is amazing.

PSN is the same as this user name.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

How many of you proposters are PS3? How many for Xbox?

Hoping to hear at least a few terrible opinions about Carlos Condit while playing on PS3, don't let me down.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011
SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! OH MY GOD WILL YOU SHUT UP!? NOBODY WANTS TO READ YOUR STUPID POST SHUT THE FUCK UP! STOP POSTING AND SHUT THE FUCK UP PLEASE. PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP. WHY WILL YOU NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP?
SHUT. THE FUCK. UP.

PSN ID: FLASHY_MCFLASH (linked to my Social Club account)

I don't know if or when I'll be able to fire up online today - if it's breaking the single-player game like I've been hearing it does, I'll probably disconnect my PS3 from the internet entirely and give it a try later on when the servers are less taxed.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

Can you elaborate? I'm wary of wandering into the main gta thread at the moment.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Word is a couple people ended up with corrupt SP saves. Seems all second hand, though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

qu'un sang impur abreuve nos sillons

omg chael crash posted:

Word is a couple people ended up with corrupt SP saves. Seems all second hand, though.

After trying and failing to successfully do anything in Online mode, Trevor lost all his weapons. Fortunately I had another save I could restore from that worked fine.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011
SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! OH MY GOD WILL YOU SHUT UP!? NOBODY WANTS TO READ YOUR STUPID POST SHUT THE FUCK UP! STOP POSTING AND SHUT THE FUCK UP PLEASE. PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP. WHY WILL YOU NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP?
SHUT. THE FUCK. UP.

Probably isolated incidents, but I don't want to take any chances:

Robawesome posted:

My PS3 hardlocked and wouldn't even turn off while installing the patch, and now of course the online is failing to connect. Why bother making us wait an extra two weeks if this poo poo isn't going to work anyway?

Stare-Out posted:

Not working at all on my PS3. Crapped out twice and hardlocked my PS3 while trying to patch, but once it did I only got through the intro and when trying to trigger the first race, it shits the bed.

Also lost some melee weapons on Trevor for some reason?

Gonna leave GTA:O until a few days from now, this poo poo is unplayable currently.

Torabi posted:

I can't even start the game anymore. My PS3 says there is a patch, I hit ok and the screen goes black and my PS3 doesn't even turn off. I have to use the switch at the back. Great.

DrNutt posted:

I know I didn't expect things to be completely smooth, but I did expect to be able to create a character without hard locking my PS3. This is stupid and it honestly would have been better for them to delay the online launch if they needed more time to get their poo poo together.

bag squad posted:

hard locked twice already

lady blue shanghai posted:

My PS3 froze, and even holding down the power button for like 10 seconds didn't shut it off. I had to unplug it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

Thanks dudes, I assume that's something that could be handled by backing up a save file?

I'm skimming that thread now. Forcing people into an online race up front on a global rollout. Loooool.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

So you wanna be a fuckin' criminal?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Upset there isn't a fight club, using the rag doll button(jump and then hold circle/B) would have subbed nicely for the Jardine sprawl.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

Whenever free-roam gets settled we should have fist fights at this amphitheater to settle who is the GTAO helterskelterweight champion.

Edit:

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2013 around 15:38

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

Going to random houses in the Vinewood hills and jumping off their roofs into their pools using that ragdoll button should be an official activity.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I'm not just friends with a pedophile, I'm also hot for his disgusting feeder fetishist ex! ps I'm still a drug addict loser of the highest order and deserve to lose my job!

ahaha I can still hardly believe this pic exists and the reason its public

Holy poo poo I didn't know about the ragdoll thing. I'm on Xbox as hurfurdurf.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

This sounds like sound advice from the main thread regarding all the troubles people are having right now:

Hobo Clown posted:

If you land on a combination of grandparents/parents you're happy with it's probably a good idea to write down which ones they are (they're numbered) so in case it gets erased you can get it back.

And upon further reading it sounds like the game automatically populates your free-roaming with online players and prioritizes crew/friends for that so hopefully we won't have to do much more than pop in here and say "I'm getting on!" which would be nice.

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

I checked it out the options available this morning and one of the options was to join directly into games with your crew members. Though with these release day issues I may hold off for a bit.

I'm on the Xbox version as munchGonk

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Sent that crew request. I'm Snake2k9 on PSN. I actually got into a solo session in the multiplayer by doing it from the pause menu.

edit: And it got pass the opening cutscene but when the mandatory race is about to start, it crashed back to single player. Atleast I got the "Off the plane" trophy

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2013 around 18:03

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I just read in the main thread that you can't force ragdoll. Balls.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

The hood don't love that. Now we have no takedowns in GTAOUFC.

I'll try to be on after 6pm PST tonight.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

James Thomoson
#1 B league HW
(and of our hearts)

Wont let me online, servers are probably hammered.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

So is multiplayer like Red Dead Redemption's?

GoonFort was the best fort.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

Yeah. I think the general word right now is that almost everyone on a Playstation is screwed, and everyone else is all over the place. I have to imagine that the general thread is biased towards making things look worse because the people who are actually playing are playing instead of posting, but it still don't look good.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

I don't promote fights, I pick fights. I'm better than Jon Jones. I'm better than Sean Combs. I am even better than John Holmes.

Why do I have to be planning on getting an Xbox One?! I want GTA now but can't justify buying a game twice for sixty bucks.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

That sounds ridiculous
chemtrails!

Captain Log posted:

Why do I have to be planning on getting an Xbox One?! I want GTA now but can't justify buying a game twice for sixty bucks.

Ahhhh c'mon, sure you can.

Alright so I want the first crew rank title to be something we might actually want to use in case people aren't into leveling up all day. Right now I have it set to "Pro-poster" but I think someone else can do better.

Edit: Crew titles says they saved this time, here's how they stand now (each one is unlocked as you reach a 10 level, first is at level 1, second at level 10, third at 20, etc)

1. Pro-poster
2. TUF Washout
3. WestLinn Gangsta
4. Pantastic Body
5. Wrestleboxer
6. New Cub Swanson
7. WHERE U AT GORGE
8. Sadistic Ref
9. P4P GOAT
10. Matt Serra IRL

Edit: You also get to set the crews taunt and I went with the Diaz-esque double bird.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at Oct 1, 2013 around 21:56

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Those are pretty good. The only one I'm so-so on is Sadistic Ref because it isn't enough of a joke, just more of a terrible tragedy in the sport. Maybe replace it with Soccer Base?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I want to stay at WestLin for ever.

«4 »