Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

So far I am loving the guns and the smoothness. At first I was chugging but I switched servers and all was well. It is almost unnerving how smooth your rotations are even with mouse sensitivity set high. Assault on burst fire is great, I almost wish there was a way to stop the release of all other weapons since I know the balance will suffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
game runs pretty decent on my i3 7770 rig, but I do choke up whenever I shoot. So that kinda sucks. Usually like 15-20fps.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

keyframe posted:

:siren: if your game is chugging turn off origin overlay:siren:

Didn't help in my case.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can you get c4 as support?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Mr.Citrus posted:

It runs smooth as butter on my 4770k / 760 at 1080p. I've had no frame loss or drops anywhere, even on 64 player servers.

I got occasional micro stuttering with the settings on auto with the GTX 760 on beta drivers. Setting turning a few thing down seems to have fixed it. I can run with ultra textures on 2GB of VRAM.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Running a GTX580, and while I haven't played any matches, I spectated a few with everything on Ultra and the game runs as smooth as silk. Not sure if spectating vs playing will make a difference, but so far the performance puts BF3 to shame on my machine.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The new AMD drivers help a lot but the performance isn't still what I would consider acceptable :( Everything on medium/low (textures on high) and still getting drops to 45 FPS :( (HD 7950)

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
anyone figure out what the better AO setting is for frames(well besides off)? Also if you are on vista/7 disable aero it seem to be worh about 5-10 frames.

Any goons going to be in mumble this week?

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm getting some slight mouse input lag and it bugs. Running dual 580s. Medium gets me 35-40 fps while high gets me 30-35. This is at 1440p. Origin overlay is off. BF3 can lock at 60+ for me.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
This is some pretty hot poo poo. Had a good time with everybody. Love the way everything is all gray and covered in dust after the building comes down. The first time it did I was on the other side the map, and just heard it, and everything starting shaking. Was a really great effect.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Spanish Manlove posted:

Can you get c4 as support?

You get it as recon

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Skwee posted:

You get it as recon

They also announced it and claymores are making a return with the support class.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Skwee posted:

You get it as recon

Well there goes the reason why I loved support. Guess it's time to learn how to snipe.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Hopefully the performance issues get ironed out because it runs like hot rear end for me. i5-750 oc'd to 3.6 GHz, SLI 580s and it was chugging no matter the graphical settings.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Well there goes the reason why I loved support. Guess it's time to learn how to snipe.

Or grab a carbine.

I suppose it was too much to hope for that the beta would have all the weapons we saw in the latest build on the YouTubes. Guess I'll learn to love the U-100 and Type 88 LMG's.

Edit: Where are these latest AMD drivers? All their website is returning to me are drivers from way back in April.

Drunken_Pirate
May 7, 2007
Nvidia users, there's a new beta driver released yesterday which completely solved my framerate issues when I installed. Went from unplayable at mixed high/ultra to smooth maxed out on my 770 gtx.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

The new AMD drivers have really done wonders for my framerate, feels really smooth now. Running an i5-3750k, 8G DDR3 and a 6850 on a mix of low/medium settings and it feels like I'm getting 40-60 frames.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Drunken_Pirate posted:

Nvidia users, there's a new beta driver released yesterday which completely solved my framerate issues when I installed. Went from unplayable at mixed high/ultra to smooth maxed out on my 770 gtx.

Beta driver installed and it still runs like poo poo. Maybe I need to try a clean install.

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Skwee posted:

You get it as recon

Both Support and Recon can equip C4.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Riflen posted:

They don't seem to have included it for Support in the Beta.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Riflen posted:

I trust you more about this than that other dude, so I'm pretty happy I can be the endless tank destroyer I used to be.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Anti-Hero posted:

Beta driver installed and it still runs like poo poo. Maybe I need to try a clean install.

Not worth it. In sure they'll update it sometime by the end of the week. How long is this gonna last? At least it's seemingly a real beta. I just assumed it was a glorified demo like most "betas".

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Ok, now I'm getting game crashes after dying but only sometimes with the latest AMD drivers. No other problems though.

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Rectus posted:

They don't seem to have included it for Support in the Beta.

That's pretty odd.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Feels like BF3. Feels a bit weird though, takes a lot to kill someone, and I only notice two bullets until I'm dead. Also it seems like they left a LOT of stuff out of the beta.

Best change however is being able to chat during round end waiting.

peabody624
Dec 12, 2006

Drunken_Pirate posted:

Surprisingly the exact opposite for me, same card. Beta drivers caused stuttering, other latest drivers fixed it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Riflen posted:

That's pretty odd.

The beta build appears to be the one they showcased at E3, not the ones later with the island map and greatly expanded equipment selection.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I get about 30 fps max with every thing on low, wasn't expecting that at all. I know it's just the beta and every thing but yeah.

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Kibayasu posted:

The beta build appears to be the one they showcased at E3, not the ones later with the island map and greatly expanded equipment selection.

Well that can't be correct because that was clearly an alpha build, with the majority of textures missing and things like the M16 graphic as a place-holder for all weapons in the equipment menus. Anyway, it doesn't matter. We've got what we've got.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't get mad at this game even if I am getting destroyed. Everything feels so right. Except for the wonky physics on the ammo and med packs. What the hell is with those things? I've had them slide across the battlefield because they landed on glass.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Drunken_Pirate posted:

This makes my game run anywhere from 60-73 fps on ultra. Running a 4770k and a 780 gtx so I guess I get what I paid for.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I seem to get 45 fps no matter what my settings are.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Ularg posted:

I seem to get 45 fps no matter what my settings are.

I get max 40 FPS when nothing is going on, with i5-750 and 6950, lowest settings and overlay disabled, its nigh on unplayable when it dips to 20-30 in battle. :( Performs way worse than alpha but that's expected.

But I still keep playing.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

How do you measure your FPS ingame?

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
I can't join any servers. The blue "Joining" box appears for a second, then just goes away. Nothing errors out, no exe starts running, it just silently doesn't work :bravo:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Lugaloco posted:

How do you measure your FPS ingame?

Press the key above tab then type PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

It's pretty funny when your on top of the building at D, and you happen to shoot the glass out from under your teammates and watch them fall to their doom. Watching C collapse for the first time is a pretty great "holy poo poo" moment as well.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Okay, It's been a while since I've used battlelog, but is there a way to get out of the group chat thing is you are the only one in there? I keep trying to press the X in the corner that says "quit group chat" but nothing happens.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
poo poo I really like;

- M302 with Medkit!
- M302 finally does quite a bit of damage against vehicles.
- Red dots no longer zoom by a factor of x1.5.
- Holy poo poo the waves in the water.
- Don't know if it's because the VoIP is better in BF4, but a lot more people are using it.
- The look & feel of (most of) the UI.
- Position of the spotted trooper is called out to you (east of you!).
- Functional buildings (where you can run into).
- The sun is no longer going supernova.
- Recon is no longer a guaranteed wasted spot in your squad.

poo poo I don't like;

- Maybe I haven't found the option yet, but I can't lock my map (stop it from rotating). Which means when they say "east of you!" kinda useless.
- The UI to customize your gun is annoying to get to & fiddle around with. Probably is something I just need to get used to.
- Knife kills are a bit dodgy at the moment.

All in all, I'm liking this update. It feels more like the original Battlefields, being far less boring and rigid than BF3. I think I'll have a hard time going back to BF3, which feels like a bland tech demo at this point.

Batham fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
http://imgur.com/a/MKqAI took some shots on ultra settings trying to be on the watch for COOL STUFF.

Also yeah I'm having a blast sniping dudes and when there are no targets around harassing vehicles with my man held and operated targeting laser. Then I snipe more dudes because zeroing your loving scope is pretty intense.

Laser designation actually gives you a solid amount of points compared to the dogshit soflam which rarely worked well anyway.

Gazaar fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 1, 2013

• Locked thread