Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Does borderless windowed mode work for anyone? I only get a bordered window at 720p when I try.

Edit: The stable Nvidia drivers are a lot worse for me then the beta ones. My framerate slows down to 0 when i look at an enemy.

Rectus fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Zero Gravitas posted:

Players with old machines are people too. :argh:

Not when I take power they won't be.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

A serverer I was playing on was rubberbanding a lot, admin said it was the onslaught of people trying to connect to it, maybe that's what some people are experiencing when they think the whole game lags?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

If you're getting low fps in BF4 but can run BF3 on high just fine, it's not your system but the beta client.

Eonwe posted:

It was fun playing this morning, the game is pretty polished. There are some occasional framerate drops I'll get, but other than that it has been great. It is a lot of fun jumping off the point on C as a siren blares and the tower groans just before it collapses. DICE did a great job on sound direction.

I played with you a bit this morning too. Was pretty fun :)

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

What's up with the weird, choppy physics and ragdolls when you die? You flop all over the place like a scarecrow full of leaves

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Wow I am way more poo poo at this than BF3.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
I kept wondering when I'd get more attachments unlocked for my AK-12, so I opened up battle-log.

"Attachments in Battlepacks"

gently caress you EA. Seriously, gently caress you.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Isn't those just re skins of already unlocked attachments?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

shakey kneebones posted:

You can actually see things now.

Thank loving god. Between the blinding sunlight, the stupid post processing effects and super contrast filter of BF3 it was almost unplayable for me after taking a break from the game. Would take a while to readjust to it. Glad to hear they realised that kinda of poo poo was counter productive to a good gaming experience. It's probably why I enjoyed the CQC maps the most because they were indoors without insane amounts of post fx poo poo going on.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

repiv posted:

Content - stretchy dudes are back:

Also landsharks, but they are very rare. Just saw one during the 5 or so hours I played. Must've been knifed near extinction during the alpha...

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Sandweed posted:

Isn't those just re skins of already unlocked attachments?

Nope. For example, Muzzle break (-25% muzzle climb, -30% accuracy for auto fire) is unlockable via killing people. A flash hider (not visible anymore on minimap) is battlepack only. Also, and you should know this as an experienced battlefield player, the "skin"/shape of a reticule on a scope/reflex can make all the difference.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I seriously wonder how stretch armstrong soldiers could make it into the bf4 beta but then I realised :dice:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Batham posted:

Nope. For example, Muzzle break (-25% muzzle climb, -30% accuracy for auto fire) is unlockable via killing people. A flash hider (not visible anymore on minimap) is battlepack only. Also, and you should know this as an experienced battlefield player, the "skin"/shape of a reticule on a scope/reflex can make all the difference.
Aren't they functionally the same anyway?

Also it looks like we don't have much of a choice in attachments in the beta anyway.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost
AK-12 and other default weapons have already a bunch of stuff unlocked by default, if you check for example the SCAR-H, there you can unlock reflex, laser, ergo grip and muzzle brake by killing dudes.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost

Sober posted:

Also it looks like we don't have much of a choice in attachments in the beta anyway.

Yep, this. No reason to get pissed off just yet.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Sober posted:

Aren't they functionally the same anyway?
Please at least read my post. No, they're not.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I seriously wonder how stretch armstrong soldiers could make it into the bf4 beta but then I realised :dice:

It's a fine tradition at this point..

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Woo, the PC I'm building matches the recommended spec exactly. Hopefully I'll be able to hold out against upgrading the video card in there until 2015 or so :suicide:

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Batham posted:

I kept wondering when I'd get more attachments unlocked for my AK-12, so I opened up battle-log.

"Attachments in Battlepacks"

gently caress you EA. Seriously, gently caress you.
Chill out. I unlocked my first battlepack by reaching rank 3. It's not a big deal.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Is there a goon mumble or teamspeak server for this? Playing alone is goddamn irritating.

I got shot in front of an elevator, my corpse teleported inside the elevator door.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

td4guy posted:

Chill out. I unlocked my first battlepack by reaching rank 3. It's not a big deal.

If you've ever played any EA games that had "packs", and seeing how many weapons & camo there are, there is every reason to get pissed already. EA needs to get it through their head that for non cosmetic stuff this poo poo cannot fly. And if you want to respond with "hey it's just a demo/beta", then do I need to remind you that almost every time someone used that apology for a game, it blew up in their face at release?

Batham fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 1, 2013

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
I'm also having a lot of lag issues, even after dumbing my system down to being low settings. I meet the recommended requirements and I really hope this is just a BETA thing.

Learning new maps is going to be fun, I keep getting sniped by people on rooftops.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I joined a domination server and now the game is crashing every once in awhile when I hit the deployment screen. I don't know if that means I am losing all my progress or not.

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

Batham posted:

If you've ever played any EA games that had "packs", and seeing how many weapons & camo there are, there is every reason to get pissed already. EA needs to get it through there head that for non cosmetic stuff this poo poo cannot fly. And if you want to respond with "hey it's just a demo/beta", then do I need to remind you that almost every time someone used that apology for a game, it blew up in their face at release?

Cancel that preorder and show EA what for.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Batham posted:

If you've ever played any EA games that had "packs", and seeing how many weapons & camo there are, there is every reason to get pissed already. EA needs to get it through their head that for non cosmetic stuff this poo poo cannot fly. And if you want to respond with "hey it's just a demo/beta", then do I need to remind you that almost every time someone used that apology for a game, it blew up in their face at release?

You seem upset.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Batham posted:

It is what it is, guess you'll have to cancel your pre-order now! I'm sure you were just about to anyway. ;)

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Batham posted:

Clearly the rational solution is to lose your poo poo on a comedy forum.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Nap Ghost

crazkylo posted:

Learning new maps is going to be fun, I keep getting sniped by people on rooftops.

The building that overlooks B has an elevator inside the L-shaped tunnel. C of course has the lobby elevators that take you to the top floor, but there is another set of elevators that take you to the roof that everyone misses. Inside D building and between D/E flags are another set of elevators. Think that was all of them?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Clearing rooftops from an elevator with your squad will never not feel rewarding.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Eh, it does kind of suck to pay $60 and then be expected to pay for more, non-cosmetic stuff that aren't maps. It'll depend on how easily you can get the extra stuff just by playing, really, so...chill out. If its bad, it'll be bad. If its like the unlock bundles they released for BF3 where anyone who had been playing for a while already had everything unlocked in them, it'll be fine.

edit: vvvvvv Yeah exactly. I think ME3's system was only frustrating because you could get the same gun you didn't want 10 times before it vanished from the pool, and there were a lot of guns. Characters had that same level of irritation with being able to consistently unlock the same one, giving you extra skins. Buying packs was therefore pretty much useless, and unless you'd been playing really consistently since release, you wouldn't have earned enough ingame money to keep up. The idea isn't necessarily flawed, it just depends on just how much everything costs.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 1, 2013

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can't you unlock battlepacks by earning points as well? I mean, the point numbers looked pretty steep but its doable.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Ravenfood posted:

Eh, it does kind of suck to pay $60 and then be expected to pay for more, non-cosmetic stuff that aren't maps. It'll depend on how easily you can get the extra stuff just by playing, really, so...chill out. If its bad, it'll be bad. If its like the unlock bundles they released for BF3 where anyone who had been playing for a while already had everything unlocked in them, it'll be fine.

Battlepacks seem like a fine way to throw down unlocks and such for players who, say, don't play five hours a day using one class and gun. It also feels like it was constructed so players would see an unlock and wander over out of their comfort zone and use something different, which really needs to be encouraged.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Doflamingo posted:

It is what it is, guess you'll have to cancel your pre-order now! I'm sure you were just about to anyway. ;)

ReadingZucchini posted:

Cancel that preorder and show EA what for.

I got in because I'm a premium member of Battlefield 3, so I can't cancel my pre-order because I have none! If they insist on having us play the lottery between hundreds of gameplay-influencing items for release, then I won't buy it, no. I had enough of that crap with ME3.

I mean, look at the gun list for Battlefield 4. If they follow the style with Beta, where half of the unlocks are from battlepacks, you're looking at hundreds of items. You might argue "only 10% actually affect gameplay" then it's pretty lovely when you want that item for that specific gun.

Grraarrgghh posted:

Clearly the rational solution is to lose your poo poo on a comedy forum.

These are the discussion forums, where you... discuss games?

Batham fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 1, 2013

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Batham posted:

I got in because I'm a premium member of Battlefield 3, so I can't cancel my pre-order because I have none! If they insist on having us play the lottery between hundreds of gameplay-influencing items for release, then I won't buy it, no. I had enough of that crap with ME3.

Have they actually mentioned anything about monetising them though? They've been doing this with all their games lately, and yes it's super lame, but if they drop for free it's not exactly a deal breaker.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Rolling Scissors posted:

The building that overlooks B has an elevator inside the L-shaped tunnel. C of course has the lobby elevators that take you to the top floor, but there is another set of elevators that take you to the roof that everyone misses. Inside D building and between D/E flags are another set of elevators. Think that was all of them?

Most of the building you can get into seem to have elevators. The mall and the buildings next to it have them at least.

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

It chugs on low on my GTX460, but holy poo poo I just knocked the Shanghai Skyscraper down and it was metal as gently caress.

Huh. I have a 460SE 1gb and it's running surprisingly well for me on High settings. I do have a i5 3570k and 16 gigs of ram though.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Batham posted:

They're probably going to have free unlockable choices for the flash hider on release. All the other attachments seem to have them already. The game just has very little of the equipment available in beta.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

e: misread

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Rectus posted:

They're probably going to have free unlockable choices for the flash hider on release. All the other attachments seem to have them already. The game just has very little of the equipment available in beta.

That's what I hope for, but we're talking about EA.

Also, disabling the Origin overlay had little to no effect for me. I didn't have any issues when it was active anyway, but I did turn off my friend list. The reason for this is that everytime someone logged in or launched a game, the game would stutter for a second. Turing my friendlist off removed that problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Supernorn posted:

Have they actually mentioned anything about monetising them though? They've been doing this with all their games lately, and yes it's super lame, but if they drop for free it's not exactly a deal breaker.

There's no announced monetization, but I can imagine EA releasing shortcut packs like they always do.

• Locked thread