Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Sereri posted:

This one has a bit of conversation at the beginning I didn't want to cut. Stabbing starts ~30s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o97aOOIUIXI&hd=1
There is short cut at the end where I thought "better save this to the hdd" and then it went on.

There is something about the top of the A point on Flood Zone that attracts oblivious pubbies. I cleared out about 5-6 people from there once, even running in front of a guy, who doesn't even realize I'm there while I am fumbling to try and kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Mantle posted:

What does this even mean?

I want to find out if this game has a PS3 goon group as good as the BC2 group. Where are the PS3 goons hiding? Does the game run well on PS3? I have a lovely PC.

Why don't you get a good PC you fuckin idiot?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Steezo posted:

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Steezo posted:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Naturally Selected posted:

So anyone have any grip recommendations for the M16A4? Been running with the stubby for now, but it seems it's pretty worthless if it only saves the 3rd shot. Does the AFG actually lower all first shot recoil or just the FSRM? If it's the latter, it's also uselsss on the '16, so am I just best off running the movement one? So confused.

Haven't unlocked it yet myself but yeah, the stubby grip is probably useless on burst guns. Go with the AFG for tighter burst groups or the ergo grip for better on the move shooting.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

Steezo posted:

Yeah, it's not just that you would be part of the glorious master race, but you would also be able to hang out with the cool kids.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
According to the stat page my overall accuracy is 2.5%. It says I have fired over 90,000 shots in 5 hours or so of playing. To do that I would have to have fired roughly 5 shots a second every second I have been logged into the game, including waiting to respawn and times when I was commander etc.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

C.M. Kruger posted:

Haven't unlocked it yet myself but yeah, the stubby grip is probably useless on burst guns. Go with the AFG for tighter burst groups or the ergo grip for better on the move shooting.

The reason I asked is that the bursts don't get hit by FSRM until the last bullet of the burst's been fired, and I'm not sure if AFG's just reduce the FSRM (at which point they'd be useless for burst firing because what FSRM?) or the actual recoil.

Mr Beens posted:

According to the stat page my overall accuracy is 2.5%. It says I have fired over 90,000 shots in 5 hours or so of playing. To do that I would have to have fired roughly 5 shots a second every second I have been logged into the game, including waiting to respawn and times when I was commander etc.

Mobile AA, miniguns, etc count for the shots fired thing. You can easily put out a few thousand, if not more, shots in a round if you're constantly on a minigun or in the AA. The accuracy stat is kind of a joke that way, too: even my AR's and LMGs have accuracy in the 18-25% range, but my overall accuracy is around 3% because of what I mentioned.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

The reason I asked is that the bursts don't get hit by FSRM until the last bullet of the burst's been fired, and I'm not sure if AFG's just reduce the FSRM (at which point they'd be useless for burst firing because what FSRM?) or the actual recoil.

Near as I can tell from the accuracy charts on Symthic, it's the former. Makes it so that the following shots hit closer to the first one.

LordMaxxie
Oct 30, 2011

I fixed the spreadsheet. Someone had made a mistake and it was all jumbled up. Luckily I made a copy.
Also if there are any other AusGoons out there, hit me up on http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/LordMaxxie/ for our mumble info.

Quick edit:
What was that mod for BF3 where it'd kick pubbies? I'd like to know how to get that for BF4.

LordMaxxie fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Nov 11, 2013

Kvitrafn
Jul 16, 2012
Been having a blast with BF4, and I've seen the random goon every now and then, but if other Eurogoons would like to play add me as a friend!
Playing on US servers aren't optimal ping wise.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/WindirKvitrafn

I usually play Engineer and Support.

Edit: And then I find the Eurogoon thread...

Kvitrafn fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Nov 11, 2013

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
So, I've been playing BF4 and I have to say that the levels are a lot better than vanilla BF3. Although, is there a problem with Siege of Shanghai? Not many servers seem to rotate to that map and I actually liked that level.

Regardless, I have to say this game is an improvement over BF3 although it doesn't have my favorite weapon the AN-94. Hopefully they'll get to add that in sooner or later.

AEKS still a good gun for assault or is there now a better gun for the roster?

Also, if anyone wants to play, here's my profile http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/RambaRal1987

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ramba Ral posted:

So, I've been playing BF4 and I have to say that the levels are a lot better than vanilla BF3. Although, is there a problem with Siege of Shanghai? Not many servers seem to rotate to that map and I actually liked that level.

AEKS still a good gun for assault or is there now a better gun for the roster?

Apparently a lot of people crash when the tower collapses in Siege of Shanghai. And yea the AEK is probably still the best close range bullet hose for assault. The SAR-21 is good for mid range.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

C.M. Kruger posted:

Near as I can tell from the accuracy charts on Symthic, it's the former. Makes it so that the following shots hit closer to the first one.

Which would make it nearly useless for burst fire weapons. The stubby helps slightly but if you're not firing at maximum RoF, spread settles fast enough that it would make a negligible difference at best.

So yeah, ergo grip would be the only good grip for a M16A4.

eKKo
Jan 11, 2013
Anyone else have a hard-on for the ACW-R? That thing just rapes face with a holo sight and potato grip :D

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Sereri posted:

I guess I missed last night's "why are only the pubbies in those videos this bad?" discussion. I guess it's my own fault because I could've posted these earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7i9DCvbds&hd=1
I believe this was on the Eurogoon server.

This one has a bit of conversation at the beginning I didn't want to cut. Stabbing starts ~30s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o97aOOIUIXI&hd=1
There is short cut at the end where I thought "better save this to the hdd" and then it went on.

These knifing sprees are terrifying. Are there different animations for the various knives?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Liberatore posted:

Which would make it nearly useless for burst fire weapons. The stubby helps slightly but if you're not firing at maximum RoF, spread settles fast enough that it would make a negligible difference at best.

I don't remember what symthic uses for bullet plots, but they clearly show the afg tightening things up a lot. Gonna try running m16/comp/afg later today to see if it actually works.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

These knifing sprees are terrifying. Are there different animations for the various knives?

I don't think so, no. Though that only makes it funnier if you jam that giant flat machete into a guy or slice him with the completely blunt shiv.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Bohemian Nights posted:

Maybe? I haven't noticed anything, but I've been using the machete mostly.

And if you want to go on a knifing spree, find a big TDM of Lancang Dam and use the north, west and south boundaries as lanes of movement. You can catch unaware pubbies sniping or sitting in the spawn pocket and just go nuts.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

I don't remember what symthic uses for bullet plots, but they clearly show the afg tightening things up a lot. Gonna try running m16/comp/afg later today to see if it actually works.
Burst mode has different FSRM mechanics, though, which might not be accounted for in the plots.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

The plots don't account for how burst fire works with FSRM. For all they know, they may as well be firing a fully automatic weapon.

The accuracy plots for the M16A4 and M4 would look drastically different if they were represented correctly.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Seamonster posted:

Memory leaks, dogshit netcode, practically unplayable high playercount servers...good thing I haven't even bothered installing.

Im definitely getting the feeling that Ive forked out $90 for a glitter coated dog turd at this point.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Ferremit posted:

Im definitely getting the feeling that Ive forked out $90 for a glitter coated dog turd at this point.

Why would you pay $90 for a $60 game that was available for $48 or lower in multiple locations?

Quoting someone who hasn't even installed the game and doesn't know what he's talking about* isn't exactly helping your case either.

* Memory leaks are isolated to a subset of W8 users. 64p servers are fine if the server provider is good, which unfortunately means not NFO at the moment. Not to say DICE isn't at fault here but it's not difficult to find a perfectly stable 64p server.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Don't pick up the USAS with explosives. It's never failed to not crash my game :(

eKKo
Jan 11, 2013

NoneSuch posted:

Don't pick up the USAS with explosives. It's never failed to not crash my game :(

I use it all the time without issue...

Try dropping your gfx settings to low. After doing that, the game still looks good... And performs much better. (I have a fairly high-end machine)

eKKo fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 11, 2013

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Liberatore posted:

* Memory leaks are isolated to a subset of W8 users.

Are they, really? I have experienced two low memory warnings since launch (8GB, W7, BF4 64bit), suggesting that I close BF4.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

eKKo posted:

I use it all the time without issue...

Same. The Assault's LVG grenades on the other hand are guaranteed to crash me after a few uses.

mcbexx posted:

Are they, really? I have experienced two low memory warnings since launch (8GB, W7, BF4 64bit), suggesting that I close BF4.

Weird. There's a bunch of threads about it and the common factor between most users affected is W8. Several people also reported seeing memory leaks only after upgrading to W8. And it was a problem in BF3 associated with W8.

I played the game with both W7 and W8.1 without problems in this regard. I did make sure to install the DX drivers that come with the game though; That seemed to fix the issue for a lot of people.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 11, 2013

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

It must just hate my game then but in the middle of firing it always crashes.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Liberatore posted:

The Dev on twitter who explained about the FSRM being on the last round of the burst also said that angled fore grips / folding grips do effect the burst fire.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Mr.Citrus posted:

The Dev on twitter who explained about the FSRM being on the last round of the burst also said that angled fore grips / folding grips do effect the burst fire.

Yes, but angled grips only affect FSRM. The FSRM is moved to the last shot. If as a result only the last shot's recoil is reduced, that isn't all that useful. In my opinion, the reason to use the angled grip is to get a tighter grouping of shots on the initial burst; You can easily adjust for the FSRM between bursts with the M16A4.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Nov 11, 2013

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Bohemian Nights posted:

No.

This becomes hilarious when you use the shank and you get that side kill where you cut their throat, since the thing is visibly blunt.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Liberatore posted:

Weird. There's a bunch of threads about it and the common factor between most users affected is W8. Several people also reported seeing memory leaks only after upgrading to W8. And it was a problem in BF3 associated with W8.

I played the game with both W7 and W8.1 without problems in this regard. I did make sure to install the DX drivers that come with the game though; That seemed to fix the issue for a lot of people.

I play on W7 with 6 GB Ram and have no ram issues whatsoever (haven't updated directx x drivers). But as a tradeoff I get sound loops that freeze my game for anywhere between 3 and 10 seconds.

I have a very different problem. When connecting to a server via the little "play" icon in the server list, or via the "join a friend" function, I get booted more often than not.

If I use the big fat "join" button it usually works.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
So... I found a neat rocket launcher, but no idea what made it special. M136 CS, I think? I fired it at a tank and it blew up the man standing beside the tank, so that was neat.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCFyaL9JesI

I..need to do this

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

SquadronROE posted:

So... I found a neat rocket launcher, but no idea what made it special. M136 CS, I think? I fired it at a tank and it blew up the man standing beside the tank, so that was neat.

That's the AT-4. I think what makes it special is RPG 7 damage with SMAW accuracy. That and it's a launcher you can use with any class, which is great if you're in a pickle and need to take out that tank.

There's two other launchers as battle pickups, besides the grenade launcher. Both are AA though.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Apparently a lot of people crash when the tower collapses in Siege of Shanghai. And yea the AEK is probably still the best close range bullet hose for assault. The SAR-21 is good for mid range.

Oh ok, that's real sad since I really enjoy trying to get out of that high rise before it collapses and kills me. I tried out the SAR-21 and man is it a lot better than the QBZ-95. Thanks for the recommendation!

Also, I didn't know that counter knifing was possible until during a TDM game when some guy was about to stab me then a prompt to hit f appeared and I knifed him instead. I gotta say that was great.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I had too many crashes. I changed to the 32 bits executable (x86 one), and the game have stooped crashing for me. So anyone with similar problem, I suggest to try the 32 bits at least once.

I still get the occasional "client disconnected", but is rare.

eKKo
Jan 11, 2013
I've also noticed servers that have 48 slots or less are preferable. They perform much better and seem to have less issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

So this game crashed in the middle of loading a level, gave me a BSOD which I haven't received in over a year, and corrupted the volume Win 8 was installed on (somehow changing it from NTFS format to RAW) on my SSD. I'm not positive it's the games fault but I blame :dice: anyway.

Atheist Sunglasses fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 11, 2013

• Locked thread