Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

canyoneer posted:

Anyone want to fire up a 4 player game of Caspian conquest tonight and cheese the GOL unlock assigment? Stand in the tower, kill your pal 6 times with a sniper rifle, and you're all clear.

I'll do this. I'm ABigFatDad on Origin

Space Jam posted:

Looks like the EA Login is down again.

It's back up for me, but I'm level 1 with no unlocks at all now :dice:

E: ahh, the "Game Statistics Engine" is currently down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I already got the GOL but I'll be happy to help other people get it. It's pretty much the best thing to happen to recon.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecKYI5--Y-A&hd=1

I'm loving the F2000 so far. Best advice I can give to unlock it is find a Metro server that caps around 32-48 people, and a large ticket count. I also used incendiary grenades a lot.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/warcake0 if anyone wants to cheese the assignments, I'm playing now!

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

canyoneer posted:

I think it's not about where your victim is, but where the shooter is. If you were sitting at the base in the MAA popping dudes, it would work.

You'd still need the stupid sniper rifle ribbon (6 kills) in the same round though.

There is an AMR-2 that spawns up on the tower of Caspian and it is kind of a pain in the neck to snipe from up there even with crazy OHK sniper rifle. Why would even the most silly wookie ever camp up there? It would be easier to hit targets from a moving helicopter.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

SwitchbladeKult posted:

There is an AMR-2 that spawns up on the tower of Caspian and it is kind of a pain in the neck to snipe from up there even with crazy OHK sniper rifle. Why would even the most silly wookie ever camp up there? It would be easier to hit targets from a moving helicopter.

I had fun up there last night when I put a mortar down on the top level and just rained down on pubbies. It was great when there was an enemy who parachuted onto the same level as me, but immediately started sniping (#Tags4Obama) and I also caught a couple wookies sniping from the level below me, not paying any attention to what was happening right above them.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Riller posted:

I had fun up there last night when I put a mortar down on the top level and just rained down on pubbies. It was great when there was an enemy who parachuted onto the same level as me, but immediately started sniping (#Tags4Obama) and I also caught a couple wookies sniping from the level below me, not paying any attention to what was happening right above them.

Yeah! I was wondering why an enraged pubbie was desperately trying to parachute onto the tower. I guess he wanted his tags back. Instead he got an AMR-2 round to the chest. Wookies never change.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Yeah! I was wondering why an enraged pubbie was desperately trying to parachute onto the tower. I guess he wanted his tags back. Instead he got an AMR-2 round to the chest. Wookies never change.

There is also the 2nd assault assignment for landing on the tower, 10 hours played and something else.

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

There is also the 2nd assault assignment for landing on the tower, 10 hours played and something else.

I think it's the 10 kill streak. I do believe that part of the assignment is broken and it won't actually record when you get a 10 kill streak, at least it didn't for me.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I'm getting a lot of use out of run n' gunning with the M60. Dunno why. Statistically it's inferior to other LMGs, but drat if I don't feel like Rambo wielding that thing. :black101:

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Uhh so are 2nd assault maps 48 players max?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Gropiemon posted:

Uhh so are 2nd assault maps 48 players max?

They're not? Just did Firestorm at 64.

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

whatspeakyou posted:

They're not? Just did Firestorm at 64.

Weird, can't get any servers higher than 48 people. For a while there it was just 32 people servers.

Whoops, conquest large wasn't ticked for some reason.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I'm up for some GOL farming. I've added a bunch of you as friends. Oooh friends. Battlefield friends.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
fart

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 20, 2014

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm on now. Let's get that GOL.

Also, I can't seem to accept Schpyder's friend request. :(

Edit: Fixed. I'm joining an empty Caspian game and I'll jump around servers to stay in an empty one. Come find me.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 20, 2014

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Boy I sure do love crashing. Thanks :dice:.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fifty Three posted:

I'm on now. Let's get that GOL.

Also, I can't seem to accept Schpyder's friend request. :(

Edit: Fixed. I'm joining an empty Caspian game and I'll jump around servers to stay in an empty one. Come find me.

If you find an empty one, link it here so the rest of us can join.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

whatspeakyou posted:

Boy I sure do love crashing. Thanks :dice:.

I had the first bluescreen I've ever had on Windows 7 not too long ago while playing BF4, and that after a number of other crashes and connection issues.

We need a new thread title.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/PC/8f4e972a-1e2a-47b1-a2c8-e6467579c15c/1200-Tickets-Second-Assault-Maps-CQ-LARGE/

Let's do this!

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I found the GOL's balancing downside! It's ironsights are horrendous. The front post might as well be a hippo squatting on the sight rail for all the good it'll do you.

The gun's hilarious in HC though.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
Another vote for the fun gun that is the FAT2000.

In other news, commander mode now lets you use the keyboard! Number keys pick squads and CTRL-A all of them. Nice :dice:!

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

We've moved to this one.

Edit: boop

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 20, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pubbies ruining everything. :(

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Despite the best efforts of idiot pubbies, I think we got 10 of us GOL'd up. Even got it for a random pubbie too

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

canyoneer posted:

Despite the best efforts of idiot pubbies, I think we got 10 of us GOL'd up. Even got it for a random pubbie too

Will there be a new one??

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

edit 2: here

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 20, 2014

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Kitty Burger posted:

I think it's the 10 kill streak. I do believe that part of the assignment is broken and it won't actually record when you get a 10 kill streak, at least it didn't for me.
From what I've gathered, the 10 kill streak needs to be done only as infantry. I've gotten 10+ kill streaks in vehicles but they didn't count nor appear on the results screen. On foot I'd gotten 7, 8 kills and had them noted on the results screen.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Haha no contact with EA online. Whaps

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Peven Stan posted:

Same here. Wtf EA we just want to help out some goons :(

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Peven Stan posted:

Ayup, went to go join one of these game, can't even get into battlelog. :suicide:

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

What exactly is going on right now? Tremendous efforts at communication, EA, you loving asshats.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

babies havin rabies posted:

What exactly is going on right now? Tremendous efforts at communication, EA, you loving asshats.

Battlefield 4: Something Went Wrong

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Schpyder posted:

Ayup, went to go join one of these game, can't even get into battlelog. :suicide:

It honestly amazes me that the giant that is EA can't handle network infrastructure at all. Game's been out for how many months now, and they have exact sales stats, and yet they can't seem to keep their login servers working. :psyduck: Unless it's another DDOS attempt by some schmucks, this is ridiculous.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Good job goons. Knocked out the Gol, DAO and a few random CR assignments for about 10 of us. :woop:

Isko
May 20, 2008
I tried to get the GOL earlier today and it sucked. I'm going to try to join up on you guys if you are still doing it. This is me.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Who's the other goon wearing my Charles Barkley emblem?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I like how basically the only thing that changed about Metro is it's not tinted blue now, it's still just as much of a stupid clusterfuck.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Me and Isto are on this server for GOL unlocking fun, need 2 more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isko
May 20, 2008

Me and another goon are on this server to get the GOL. Need two more.

• Locked thread