Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Haven't played beyond CTE in awhile now so I'll just continue to wait. Once the patch hits Retail I'll start grinding the buffed weapons. Potentially with goons.

E: Plus the guns I'm interested in are unforgivably bad right now so I can definitely wait.

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So my ISP "fixed" my node. Now they cannot figure out why it only sends once every 10miliseconds. Their current suggestions are play coop and don't host while we fix it.

I miss battlefield bugs and all. The irony to all this is for some godforsaken reason I can host titanfall and coop games with no issues. So peer to peer is working but anything with dedicated servers is getting poo poo on. I am fairly sure I know what they broke but I need to check my server to see. Also cox officially no longer has tier 3 support, so if that poo poo is not in the troubleshooter manual it is not getting fixes.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
CTE updated and is expected to hit retail the end of September:

http://cte.battlelog.com/bf4/news/view/fall-patch-update-143611/

quote:

Today we will update the CTE to be on par with what the Fall Patch will include (pending certification goes as planned).
During the time since the last update the team has been hard at work fixing critical crashbugs, performance issues and what we call blockers – all in preparation to be able to release all this to all players on all platforms with the Fall Patch (expected to be released in the end weeks of September).

PATCH CHANGES
Here are the notabel changes included in this patch:

Fixed crash related to entering vehicle or stationary emplacement
Fixed elevators being active on Dawnbreaker being active on DOM, SQDM, TDM AND ELM
Changed descriptions to reflect balance changes
for RGO Impact , V40 minis and Heavy Barrel
Adjusted gunner HMG values so spread increase happens smoothly.
Incoming damage indicator fix
Fixed an issue with the incoming damage indicator rotating incorrectly when player hurting has been killed (did not make this release – or the patch :( )
Optimized memory usage on Naval maps
Several stability, performance and other blockers fixed
(list being compiled – will be part of patch notes for fall patch)

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It's bullshit that PC have to wait for console cert.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Well I guess it is a good thing there are two teams at dice LA. The cte team and the battlefront team. Because I just looked at the blog post they did about the sept patch and it is mediocre at best. It is going to be a long week for the cte team.

Ok never mind blog post is now gone and only the one about fair fight remains. And dear god whoever wrote that fair fight blog post should be taken out back and pistol whipped.

Hope someone got screen caps of that blog post because I did not think to.

Edit after all my bitching about my ISP I have to give them credit. They are splitting my node and two(building a new node in the area) so here is hoping it fixes my net.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Sep 5, 2014

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

xyigx posted:

Well I guess it is a good thing there are two teams at dice LA. The cte team and the battlefront team. Because I just looked at the blog post they did about the sept patch and it is mediocre at best. It is going to be a long week for the cte team.

Ok never mind blog post is now gone and only the one about fair fight remains. And dear god whoever wrote that fair fight blog post should be taken out back and pistol whipped.

Hope someone got screen caps of that blog post because I did not think to.

Edit after all my bitching about my ISP I have to give them credit. They are splitting my node and two(building a new node in the area) so here is hoping it fixes my net.

I am not totally sure what you are talking about. The CTE thing that came out yesterday was them saying they had added some stuff to the CTE that was going to be in the retail patch. I didn't see the FairFight thing.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Lazyfire posted:

I am not totally sure what you are talking about. The CTE thing that came out yesterday was them saying they had added some stuff to the CTE that was going to be in the retail patch. I didn't see the FairFight thing.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/

There was a post on there before dated for the 5th and it had some patch notes in it. It was depressingly short. I will remain hopeful that it was pulled due to not being the full patch notes.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

xyigx posted:

http://blogs.battlefield.com/

There was a post on there before dated for the 5th and it had some patch notes in it. It was depressingly short. I will remain hopeful that it was pulled due to not being the full patch notes.

You mean the post two above yours?

If DICE detailed all the changes they've made in the CTE in a single blog post it would go on for days.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
Yeah theres huge stuff coming in the September patch, for example the visual recoil fix and reduced UI clutter (you can set your own opacitities on UI elements).

Oh and it actually shows if an enemy is using the defensive perk when you spot them., little things like that.

New headshot hitmarkers too.

Rolling Scissors fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 5, 2014

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
What's the Dawnbreaker elevator change about?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
:siren:PLAYERS ARE BEING KICKED FROM LLJK:siren:

If you're reading this then you're most likely safe. The ones being kicked don't have any battle reports recorded since March or April. If you have been wrongly kicked then speak up and we'll get you back in.

edit: Also, would the following goons? please re-identify themselves:

Tzen83
LuxPrimus
jono181

Shoren fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 6, 2014

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Sandweed posted:

It's bullshit that PC have to wait for console cert.

Its even bigger bullshit that DICE was bragging about not having to do this for BF4, and everyone swallowing that big fat lie with a grin

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

Its even bigger bullshit that DICE was bragging about not having to do this for BF4, and everyone swallowing that big fat lie with a grin

I'm pretty sure I heard someone from EA say that was going to be a big advantage of Origin in general. Too bad publishers can't show any favour to digital platforms for fear of angering the GameStops of the world.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Kibayasu posted:

I'm pretty sure I heard someone from EA say that was going to be a big advantage of Origin in general. Too bad publishers can't show any favour to digital platforms for fear of angering the Microsofts of the world.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Shoren posted:

:siren:PLAYERS ARE BEING KICKED FROM LLJK:siren:

If you're reading this then you're most likely safe. The ones being kicked don't have any battle reports recorded since March or April. If you have been wrongly kicked then speak up and we'll get you back in.

edit: Also, would the following goons? please re-identify themselves:

Tzen83
LuxPrimus
jono181
Somehow I got kicked and I just played in August.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Somehow I got kicked and I just played in August.

edit: Nevermind, definitely wasn't me that kicked you. Can you reapply?

Shoren fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 6, 2014

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Applied as NewConceptHole.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
I have a 9.13% accuracy.

I'm actually batting better than EA currently. Things are good.

Ps: once I'm not working 65 hours a week I can start restabbing mans. :(
This new CTE bullshit better be good.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody still have a link to the completed campaign saves? Or can tell me which files of mine I can send to a friend?

E: Nevermind, got it.

Deeters fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 6, 2014

Satathan
Nov 10, 2003
lol sup?
Applied as Satathan

Thanks!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Here's a list of the weapon changes on CTE. Credit goes to Rezal @ Symthic for compiling it.

Overview of the big changes for anyone who hasn't been following: Damage Model got lowered, Visual recoil was reduced, Revolvers got their delay removed, DMRs got buffed, low RPM guns got buffed, Heavy Barrel got buffed, high RPM guns got nerfed.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

New Concept Hole posted:

Here's a list of the weapon changes on CTE. Credit goes to Rezal @ Symthic for compiling it.

Overview of the big changes for anyone who hasn't been following: Damage Model got lowered, Visual recoil was reduced, Revolvers got their delay removed, DMRs got buffed, low RPM guns got buffed, Heavy Barrel got buffed, high RPM guns got nerfed.

"DMRs - Bullet flyby sound changed"

Booooooo.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The SR338 was buffed if you want to scare unsuspecting victims with a hail of whistling bullets. :v:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So they're nerfing all my favorite weapons.

SR2
MPX
AWS
SLAMs.

gently caress these changes.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

SR2
MPX
AWS
SLAMs.

Unless I'm reading things wrong the AWS is getting an increase in bullet spread per shot but getting a decrease in base spread for firing while moving and ADS'd so a nerf and a buff. The SR-2 and MPX could use it though because they're pretty nuts. The Laser Sight is getting a buff too so that will help all the PDW's.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Thank god, my autism tool of choice (SRAW) stays what it is.
It xould do woth some fixing on the naval maps though.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

SR2
MPX
AWS
SLAMs.

PDWs are much more effective from the hip due to the Laser sight buff and got an ADS buff, plus Bullpup PDWs got buffed. The MPX is one of the least effected weapons from the damage changes and all mag fed LMGs got buffs to moving ADS accuracy. The SLAM is still effective but not out-and-out better than AT Mines.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

SR2
MPX
AWS
SLAMs.

Mpx and slams? Uninstalling

moofin
Dec 25, 2006

goestotheinternet
Hey dudes,

I play this game on and off (mostly due to some bug making it crash) but tonight I booted it up to do a video on the beauty of BF4 (shameless plug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvXZDT5PXFY) and I cranked everything to max and had no crashing issues.

I remember hearing something about a big patch recently that fixed things like netcode and various crashes. Is the game (as the thread title says) pretty much stable now? I remember the levolution on Seige of Shanghai was a big culprit pretty much always taking one or two of us out of the game when it happened.

I'm gonna try to get my friends back into it but some of them have poo poo internet so I don't want to suggest this if it's only marginally better.

We're not really into the balance of the game as much as it just running well enough for us to crash jets, jeep, and our own well-beings into people.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

moofin posted:

Hey dudes,

I play this game on and off (mostly due to some bug making it crash) but tonight I booted it up to do a video on the beauty of BF4 (shameless plug https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvXZDT5PXFY) and I cranked everything to max and had no crashing issues.

I remember hearing something about a big patch recently that fixed things like netcode and various crashes. Is the game (as the thread title says) pretty much stable now? I remember the levolution on Seige of Shanghai was a big culprit pretty much always taking one or two of us out of the game when it happened.

I'm gonna try to get my friends back into it but some of them have poo poo internet so I don't want to suggest this if it's only marginally better.

We're not really into the balance of the game as much as it just running well enough for us to crash jets, jeep, and our own well-beings into people.

Pretty much all crashing issues have been fixed for a long while now, except for the random ones every game experiences.. The "netcode" is a mixed bag. If you go into the Gameplay options you'll notice a new one called "high frequency updates" and can choose from Low, Medium, and High. Experiment combining it with various levels of the Network Smoothing Factor option and you might get some good results, or no difference at all. All I really know is you don't necessarily want to set the High Frequency Updates to High all the time.

moofin
Dec 25, 2006

goestotheinternet
Is that netcode change just about the gameplay or will that setting also affect stability?

I'm glad most of it's been fixed. I've never felt so burned after buying a game.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What did the MPX ever do to you, DICE?

:argh:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Ularg posted:

They made it better :argh:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ularg posted:

Be better than the majority of PDWs?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

New Concept Hole posted:

Be better than the majority of PDWs?

How dare they make a good PDW.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Ularg posted:

the pp2000 and js2 are really good you donger

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ularg posted:

Every PDW got a buff this patch and most got recoil reductions and velocity buffs, not to mention that they don't even have to ADS within their effective range now. Also every close-ranged option in every other class including the MTAR got some heavier recoil.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

quote:

Slam: Blast Damage 275 (350)

Wait... so a full set of (three) SLAMs will no longer destroy an armored vehicle?
Am I reading this correctly?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did they really up the range on the Defib? I haven't really played in a while and now it seems like I can defib from several feet away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Did they really up the range on the Defib? I haven't really played in a while and now it seems like I can defib from several feet away.
It's really far, it's always been much farther than it was in BF3. I don't think they changed it.

• Locked thread