Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

New Concept Hole posted:

Also frag rounds were buffed along with shotguns in general.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

How does the AN94 compare to the BF3 version? Like do the first two shots at least hit in the same spot more or less?

In BF3 I could outshoot any sniper with that thing.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The BF3 an-94 was broken, the BF4 version is just really good. You probably won't outshoot anyone competent outside its effective range, which is 35m or so.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

They kind of buffed the M240B too. I dunno if I can top that gun.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
The Famas tops every gun, just one at a time.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Is there still no reliable way for me to join a server with my friend and be put onto the same team always? We always join the same server in a Battlelog party but get split up because of team balancing. I would love to be able to have the Squad Join option the console has. Click button, join game with friends, play together.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Cacodad posted:

Is there still no reliable way for me to join a server with my friend and be put onto the same team always? We always join the same server in a Battlelog party but get split up because of team balancing. I would love to be able to have the Squad Join option the console has. Click button, join game with friends, play together.

Hoping they fixed this too, me and my crew would roll in a full squad and constantly get balanced to different teams on lovely servers. It's why we stopped playing

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

New Concept Hole posted:

I can't watch the video but I assume you're trying to disprove that it's worse than the .44 in every meaningful way by shooting down a helicopter with it, which is something you can do with the .44 so why would it matter.

Also frag rounds were buffed along with shotguns in general.

E: more importantly the ML was better at its niche on CTE and then got nerfed to be worse than the .44 mag for no good reason.

Are there any details on what changed about frag rounds because I think its kind of fun to use them sometimes on the auto-shotguns to kill people around corners. If they're even just marginally better (damage, falloff, impact damage) that'd be pretty nice.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Weapon changes mostly seem to fall somewhere between "bad" and "pointless."

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Kibayasu posted:

Are there any details on what changed about frag rounds because I think its kind of fun to use them sometimes on the auto-shotguns to kill people around corners. If they're even just marginally better (damage, falloff, impact damage) that'd be pretty nice.

Phoneposting but iirc it was splash damage. Symthic forums has a shotgun thread with all the changes.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

New Concept Hole posted:

Phoneposting but iirc it was splash damage. Symthic forums has a shotgun thread with all the changes.

Yeah, I found it. Some copy/paste below. Seems like its not splash damage but impact damage, coupled with a changes to falloff for shotgun rounds.

From what I can see these are the shotgun changes maybe???

http://forum.symthic.com/battlefield-quick-questions-and-answers/9164-cte-shotgun-stats-spring-patch-2015/#post293307

All shotgun pellets now do the same damage, per pellet.

Buckshot now does 11.2 damage down to 5.6 and flechette does 8.4 down to 4.2.

They also buffed the frag round impact damage (as opposed to explosive damage):

Semi-auto frag rounds now do 25 max impact damage, up from 20, and 15 min damage (up from 5). Explosive damage still the same. Same 25-50 meter falloff as above.
Pump action frag rounds now 40 max damage, up from 37.5, and 25 min damage (up from 10). Explosive damage still the same. Same 25-50 meter falloff.

Slugs seem unchanged.

They also massively changed the number of pellets each shotgun fires:

quote:

AUTOMATICS (rates of fire are the same)

DAO-12

Flechette: 2.0° cone, 15 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4° cone, 15 pellets
SIPS 0.55

DBV-12

Flechette: 2.0° cone, 13 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4° cone, 13 pellets
SIPS 0.55

M1014

Flechette: 2.0° cone, 13 pellets
SIPS: 0.525

QBS-09

Flechette: 2.0° cone, 12 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4° cone, 12 pellets (There is an entry for 3.0° cone, 12 pellets, but I'd assume consistency. It's probably a singleplayer AI value.)
SIPS: 0.575

Saiga-12k

Flechette: 2.0° cone, 14 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4° cone, 14 pellets
SIPS 0.55

PUMPS

Flechette: 2.0° cone, 19 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4° cone, 19 pellets
SIPS: 0.215

HAWK

Flechette: 2.0° cone, 21 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4° cone, 21 pellets
SIPS: 0.208

Serbu Shorty

SIPS: 0.5

Spas-12

Flechette: 2.0° cone, 18 pellets
Buckshot 2.4° cone, 18 pellets
SIPS: 0.23

UTAS-15

Flechette: 2.0° cone. 20 pellets
Buckshot: 2.4° cone. 20 pellets
SIPS: 0.214

I have no idea what SIPS means. In any case I'm definitely going to have to test them out.

Edit: Basically it seems the biggest changes are that its now much more likely that you'll need more than 1 shot with a semi-auto shotgun unless you've got the barrel pressed into someone's chest/head I guess, and that pump action shotguns with a choke will be pretty good as long as you're ADS and not moving.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 27, 2015

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
SIPS is Spread increase per shot. Also SDec is Spread Decrease per second when that comes up. On CTE Flechette felt much more effective out of the M1014 and so did no choke, which wasn't always the case on live.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Weapon changes mostly seem to fall somewhere between "bad" and "pointless."

The SRAW and shotgun changes especially it seems

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

TubeStank posted:

The SRAW and shotgun changes especially it seems

Welcome to the wonderful world of listening to your fans on game design changes. If you are making a video game and your fans have balance ideas your best bet it to just completely ignore them because the people willing to tell you that they want things changed are the loud minority that can't handle being killed by anything but what some YouTube superstar has told you is the best gun in the game.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

At least turning the RPK-74 into an OG RPK was a good idea.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

Welcome to the wonderful world of listening to your fans on game design changes. If you are making a video game and your fans have balance ideas your best bet it to just completely ignore them because the people willing to tell you that they want things changed are the loud minority that can't handle being killed by anything but what some YouTube superstar has told you is the best gun in the game.

I still blame people who play Operation Metro 2014 and only people who play Operation Metro 2014 for reducing grenades to "Fireworks in your backyard" status.

Edit: Grenade "spam" wasn't even a problem on Operation Locker because the chokepoints in that map aren't confined to a single side.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

Stupidly high ttk? Let's make shotguns peashooters that need multiple point blank shots to kill with lovely hit detection for Uhhhh reasons!

It's like the game actively wants you to play nothing but assault

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

TubeStank posted:

Or be a heli sperg, which definitely doesn't need nerfing, suuure.

Some folks getting 15 kills a round with the UCAV? Welp, better jack up that timer, dial back the airburst radius and make the loving thing almost uncontrollable. But all those Jimmy Tryhards going 64 and 2 in the little bird? Nope, no problem there!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

TubeStank posted:

Stupidly high ttk? Let's make shotguns peashooters that need multiple point blank shots to kill with lovely hit detection for Uhhhh reasons!

It feels like there is never a really good reason to not play engineer with a carbine on most maps, which is pretty bad. Assault's revives and heals only work well if you are staying close to teammates and not in vehicles. Recon only works really well if they have either shotguns and claymores or are SOFLAMing for engineers and Support (the class I have the most time in) is great for dishing out ammo and the occasional C4 kill on a tank. Engineers, though, seem to be what I die to almost all the time and heaven forbid you want to drive a vehicle or fly a helicopter because you will be locked on to within a few seconds.

Stop catering to terrible people, DICE.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice

Dillbag posted:

Or be a heli sperg, which definitely doesn't need nerfing, suuure.

Some folks getting 15 kills a round with the UCAV? Welp, better jack up that timer, dial back the airburst radius and make the loving thing almost uncontrollable. But all those Jimmy Tryhards going 64 and 2 in the little bird? Nope, no problem there!

DICE has this weird hard on for vehicles, like they always want to make it clear that being infantry blows. But at the same time there are never enough vehicles for everyone to get into one, especially with the squad only vehicle spawn. So you get autism chariots going 50 - 0 while the other team helplessly scrambles around.

And that's why playing the objective is stupid and most people just gently caress around.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

It feels like there is never a really good reason to not play engineer with a carbine on most maps, which is pretty bad. Assault's revives and heals only work well if you are staying close to teammates and not in vehicles. Recon only works really well if they have either shotguns and claymores or are SOFLAMing for engineers and Support (the class I have the most time in) is great for dishing out ammo and the occasional C4 kill on a tank. Engineers, though, seem to be what I die to almost all the time and heaven forbid you want to drive a vehicle or fly a helicopter because you will be locked on to within a few seconds.

Stop catering to terrible people, DICE.

yeah it sucks because i mostly play support for jihad / shotgun / ammo purposes

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

TubeStank posted:

yeah it sucks because i mostly play support for jihad / shotgun / ammo purposes

I'm near 100% Support using either of the RPK weapons when I'm infantry and Jihad is life so when patch after patch does weird things that make me feel like playing one class isn't viable it's sort of disappointing.

Also, stealth changes in the patch include killing the 313 optimal jet turn speed and making a bunch of changes to attack heli weapons because "the winter patch gave attack helis a major buff" according to tiggr. Surprisingly, a number of the people complaining are complaining that TV missiles have less range now, which I would think would make helicopter people pretty happy considering how deadly they are from attack boats on Paracel.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

FYI metro/locker is much more fun when your squad uses flash bangs and the FB launcher.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh gently caress 870 with full choke buck and laser is broken as gently caress right now

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

TubeStank posted:

Oh gently caress 870 with full choke buck and laser is broken as gently caress right now

Define broken

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

OhDearGodNo posted:

Define broken

While I wasn't using the 870 I have been trying the UTS and basically with the new pellet damage/falloff you're going to get kills from much further away at the cost of damaging your close range accuracy. The laser helps but I think you still gain spread overall.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

OhDearGodNo posted:

Define broken

Be ready to murder everything all the time. It's better and more accurate at range than the 870 with darts

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
This also extends to the DBV 12, the QBS and Hawk. They reliably one shot everything at short to mid range.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
EDIT: Double postin'.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

TubeStank posted:

Be ready to murder everything all the time. It's better and more accurate at range than the 870 with darts

The figures on symthic make no drat sense, why would I even use flechette anymore. What the hell are you doing dice.

Seriously while they're being dumb they could remove the maa active radar missiles in exchange for tows. That could be amazing stupid instead of bad stupid.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Welcome to John Romero's Battlefield 4

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

DICE LA IS GONNA MAKE YOU THEIR BITCH

SUCK IT DOWN

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I'm not hacking. My Stand has incredible speed and precision.

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Chronojam posted:

The figures on symthic make no drat sense, why would I even use flechette anymore. What the hell are you doing dice.

Seriously while they're being dumb they could remove the maa active radar missiles in exchange for tows. That could be amazing stupid instead of bad stupid.

Ever since they reduced the effectiveness of body armor against buckshot there hasn't been a reason to use flechette anyways.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

OhDearGodNo posted:

FYI metro/locker is much more fun when your squad uses flash bangs and the FB launcher.

Flashbangs are the best grenade, really.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

alg posted:

Hoping they fixed this too, me and my crew would roll in a full squad and constantly get balanced to different teams on lovely servers. It's why we stopped playing

Play on official servers? They are not allowed to have those scripts. Then again, they can get stompy. At least in Europe there are still servers that have plugins that actually help keep squads together. Also, active admins who will kindly move you and your friends if you ask nicely.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Gonna rock the Mare's Leg just for this reason:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

OhDearGodNo posted:

Does the FB launcher still one hit kill armored infantry on impact?

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Current BF4 numbers:

Current BFH numbers:

Wow, that's insane. Guess I should get BF4 then. Took a break from playing after BF3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

don't smokes do that too? Or was it just the FB

• Locked thread