Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Well I can't wait to play it. Unfortunately my internet cut out while activating the game and now not only is Hardline not in my game library, but the GMG's code also says it's been used. Aghhhhhh.

Chattin with Origin support about this.

E: oh gently caress me. I bought the premium upgrade, not the base game. aaaaaagh I'm an idiot.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Anticheese posted:

Do you know which ports these are? And how is Hardline anyway?

No clue. I did it months ago. If you Google your error and something like port forwarding then I bet you'll find the solution

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Anticheese posted:

here you go this fixed my issues https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh7ayrsynr0

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Anticheese posted:

Check this page:

http://wiretuts.com/battlefield-4-problems-and-how-to-solve-them/

Not sure this will work but he explains a lot of stuff, including the PB functionality check (Look for the heading "RESTRICTION: Corrupted File/Memory [81495]" on the page)

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

cargohills posted:

It looks cool, and it lets you see more when you're piloting a vehicle.

Sorry, I was referring to it in context of the Battlefront Alpha, where you can go 3rd person while as infantry. I absolutely agree that it's necessary when using vehicles.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Bitches lets play now

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

e: probably the wrong thread

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 6, 2015

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Smegmatron posted:

What this really means though is the Krylov is coming back and EMP grenades are going to make pubbies scream until their throats bleed. Then they'll get nerfed and I'll be sad. All worth it if the 2142 spotting system comes back though.

The spotting system was great, and did pair beautifully with EMP weapons. And the air balance was just wonderful too; one transport, one helicopter that really needs two people to operate to its full potential, emplaced AAA all over the place.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Can anyone give me advice on flying helicopters? Here's what usually happens.

1: Take off.
2: Nosedive.
3: Respawn.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

sitchelin posted:

Plug in a controller. Someone will say I'm wrong, but it's the only way I can manage to make a heli or jet work in this game. Bind right trigger to lifting off, left bumper to descend and left trigger to flares (because you can't unbind left trigger being free look) and then get your sticks and face buttons in order and you should be golden.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

sitchelin posted:

Tap C to go to third person, stick with KBM and remember you go down quicker the faster you accelerate forward.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

sitchelin posted:

I only figured out helicopters after playing Hardline for a while and by "figured out" I mean "can get them from point A to point B with a great deal of focus."

jisforjosh posted:

Sounds good, still CTS?

Yup!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I never bought BF4 because of how hosed up it was at launch and also because Battlefield 3 disappointed me so much. So with all the DLC and patches is Bf4 good now? Is it any more like Battlefield 2 with larger maps? I just want to play a loving Battlefield game but since Gamespy shut down all the good games are now gone forever except for lovely bootleg servers.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I never bought BF4 because of how hosed up it was at launch and also because Battlefield 3 disappointed me so much. So with all the DLC and patches is Bf4 good now? Is it any more like Battlefield 2 with larger maps? I just want to play a loving Battlefield game but since Gamespy shut down all the good games are now gone forever except for lovely bootleg servers.

BF2 was poo poo and you don't want the game to be like it. BF4 got all the bugs fixed but then DICE also made all the most fun gadgets be poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Battlefield 2 and 2142 were the height of the series so you are stupid.

Anyway since I never played 4 to begin with it's not like I'd know what got nerfed and what didn't. But do the maps actually work well with 64 players? Because Battlefield 3s really didn't.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

BF2 is really bad im sorry you have such bad taste u think that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Well are the maps larger than BF3?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

fuckin how much a fag u gotta be 2 think bf2 is a good game. like poo poo nigga, lol!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I want that OUYA tag

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want that OUYA tag

I was the one who animated the Y button.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

But do the maps actually work well with 64 players? Because Battlefield 3s really didn't.
It varies. It's decent overall, but not perfect. Some maps manage to make a full server feel kinda empty with a few hot spots scattered here and there but with most Conquest points feeling kinda empty (Golmud, Paracel)... and others are one tiny bottleneck and literally nothing else where your best bet is to just not even go for kills and farm your XP with medpacks, defib and ammo (Locker) but the majority are a decent balance where you can jump into the mosh pit if you want but you can step away for a breath of fresh air if you need it (Hainan, Zavod, Transmission). As for DLC I found Premium mostly worth the money, with a good variety of maps that keep any play style well-entertained.

edit: Also a good solution for a wide-open map is always to just jump in a tank and lay waste, since that's kinda the reason they're empty. Just don't bother with jets cause unless you're a literal god cause otherwise you're gonna get you rear end turbofucked quick.

At least that's how it feels on PS4. It might be different on PC, but the maps and player counts are the same.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 7, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just realized how crazy unfair the A U.S. Obliteration point on Parcel Storm is. The enemy can spawn right on top of it!

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

So kill them and cap it? :v:

...hey don't you go all :airquote: "it's not that simple" on me, ya got a gun don'tcha

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Obliteration means they parachute down toward it, and you can't really do anything Grab a RHIB, it's duck season, and get ready to prioritize the guys trying to javelin you as they appear

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Having put too much time into this game, most of the large conquest maps feel like certain areas are designed to have a high flow of infantry through them (the northern town of Golmud, A/B and C/D of Paracel, etc.). Most maps have outlying points for you to gently caress off too when you're tired of roleplaying Tom Cruise from Edge of Tomorrow, but it really does seem like the maps are laid out so you eventually clash in certain areas.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

We're playing this thing on the Camping the Stairs mumble right now.

Shade2142
Oct 10, 2012

Rollin'

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyway since I never played 4 to begin with it's not like I'd know what got nerfed and what didn't. But do the maps actually work well with 64 players? Because Battlefield 3s really didn't.

2142 was the best..only because its the only air vehicles I got good at it + no lock on missiles besides some EMP from turrets. Also small infantry maps on 64 person servers are ok because you can stealth + cap a point behind enemy lines.

e; I forgot about using cloak+c4 to go jihad on walkers. :happyelf:

Shade2142 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 9, 2015

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Chronojam posted:

We're playing this thing on the Camping the Stairs mumble right now.

Why don't you fuckers play after dinner PST any more? Everyone's gone to bed by the time I get home.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Dillbag posted:

Why don't you fuckers play after dinner PST any more? Everyone's gone to bed by the time I get home.

We're still playing!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Chronojam posted:

We're still playing!

I noticed but I'm banned from ADK servers hahahahahahaha

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Well we're mostly done now and could've gone to any server really. Except the ones we're banned from.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'm still rolling for at least another hour, jump on son

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's not how you spell Battlefield Vietnam.

Remake when?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

We're playing this again right now.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I was the one who animated the Y button.

what an achievement

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Mariguana posted:

That's not how you spell Battlefield Vietnam.

Remake when?

It got a remake already. BFBC2:Vietnam

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I get Battlelog updates on my phone and was encouraged to see at least a couple people on this week. Hopefully people get on tonight as well, it's my only free night all week and I've played like twice in the last two months.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Lazyfire posted:

I get Battlelog updates on my phone and was encouraged to see at least a couple people on this week. Hopefully people get on tonight as well, it's my only free night all week and I've played like twice in the last two months.

I'll be playing tonight but not until about 10 Eastern.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Well, my computer is in some form of auto restart loop and I can't boot off disc or anything. I may not get any Battlefield in. All I wanted to do was remove a program that installed some search tool override and this is what I get for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I realize I am 2 years behind here but I just picked up BF4 Premium for PC and I'm trying to figure out how to play with goons. I found CTS Mumble but is there an active platoon I should be looking for?

• Locked thread