Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Sandweed posted:

They just added some new free guns, at least 2 more free maps are on the way, and nighttime mode for some of the vanilla maps maybe.

Yeah, from what's been getting posted to the CTE the night maps are coming with the summer patch. Also coming with the summer patch: a reversion to the jet physics to how they were before the spring patch. 313 is back, skyspergs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
How common is aim botting in this game? I'm getting slaughtered every time I pick up a jet or a helicopter, and I'm seeing these guys with scores of 40-1 on the score boards. Yes I'm not very good at manshoots in general (0.8 K/D overall) but still better than the 1-30 scores I get on vehicle maps. Youtube is full of videos showing off the latest tank or jet aim bot hacks. I'd like to believe it's not just me sucking at this game (probably is) versus millennials playing 18 hours a day instead of going to work or having sex or something...

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Several dozen kills to every death isn't really that uncommon if you're competent in an air vehicle and if you're lucky enough that there's no-one to counter you on the opposing team, the sky's the limit for your amount of kills, no pun intended

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Ahh you have now met the Screeching Airsperg, they ride from the battlelog forums inside their autism chariots™ after a long day of making it known that their is a grave imbalance in the game. That imbalance is that they should only be able to be slain by another of their own kind, the solution of course that we nerf the smaw some more and remove the igla and stingers. Oh and laucher damage should be normalized to 0.5 damage per rocket against jets and little birds.

Dear dice, our ace pilots should have more control customization because only being able to have 2 contrail options is far to little to say that they are the best and you should realize that your being killed by the "Top Gun"

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
What's funny is that most of the pilots are super pissed that Jets lost their usefulness against anything but other jets. Here's hoping that the vehicle pass lets the LAW lock on to air vehicles so that every engineer is running around with an Active Radar Missile. :newlol:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

xyigx posted:

Screeching Airsperg

This is a pretty weird stereotype considering that 90% of the screeching comes from suckers and baddies getting tooled on by a jet, not the other way around

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

This is a pretty weird stereotype considering that 90% of the screeching comes from suckers and baddies getting tooled on by a jet, not the other way around

Unless there has been a dramatic shift in the CTE forums no its not weird in the slightest ask the sraw and the stinger.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Bohemian Nights posted:

You just gotta shoot them down and rub it in their face. Feels good, man.

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
Tried to play for the first time in months, and 75% of the servers I try to join (most of my favorites really) I get:
Game disconnected: you were kicked by an admin. Stated reason: Hacking/Cheating DPS Automatic Ban [MP7-75-162- [perm][AutoAdmin][CMWgaming.com]
and
Game disconnected: you were kicked by an admin. Stated reason: DPS Automatic Ban [MP7-75-162-36] [perm][AutoAdmin]

wtf, I've never hacked, I probably haven't played in 6-8 months. Thanks Obama.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
I've given up on trying to fly and decided to settle for trolling pilots from the ground. I shot down a screeching air-sperg's little bird with my tank cannon last night and it was awesome. He had a 60-1 score that match but I was that 1. gently caress yeah! Also took out a Su-35 from way far away with a stationary tow missile launcher. That was also hilarious.

INTJ Mastermind fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 29, 2015

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
While they nerfed the formerly best MANPAD (the sraw), the stingers and iglas got a secret buff. One man with a stinger can literally keep a helo disabled until someone with a better weapon finishes it off. Or they run out of rockets. Either or.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I thought stingers and iglas always gave a disable on a successful hit? I recall that being annoying as poo poo when trying to unlock the MP7 way back when

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Tasoth posted:

While they nerfed the formerly best MANPAD (the sraw), the stingers and iglas got a secret buff. One man with a stinger can literally keep a helo disabled until someone with a better weapon finishes it off. Or they run out of rockets. Either or.

The really stupid thing about them is that a MANPAD is pretty dangerous to an attack helicopter, given that it's too slow to escape, but the scouts just shrug them off like it's nothing. A MANPAD should do like 80% damage to a scout chopper.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

PittTheElder posted:

The really stupid thing about them is that a MANPAD is pretty dangerous to an attack helicopter, given that it's too slow to escape, but the scouts just shrug them off like it's nothing. A MANPAD should do like 80% damage to a scout chopper.

Scout choppers should at least be vulnerable to larger-caliber small arms fire, but at this point it's too late and I just assume :dice: intended for self-repairing sky-god helicopters to be in the game.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
What's next? Tank spergs demanding being able to repair while inside the tank?

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Nah, they're not nearly so demanding. Just a 'signal jamming' upgrade that causes all c4 within 50 meters of their vehicle to instantly become inert.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Dunno how many of you know this, but MANPADs are 'Not a bug, it's a feature' in that they have a random chance of just killing someone out of a chopper on impact. IIRC, that's not supposed to happen but DICE liked the effect and left it in.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Arcella posted:

Scout choppers should at least be vulnerable to larger-caliber small arms fire, but at this point it's too late and I just assume :dice: intended for self-repairing sky-god helicopters to be in the game.

There's a vehicle and gadget pass in the works. The games getting patched at least through the end of the year, with the theory being because Hardline didn't do as well as projected so BF4 needs to carry the brand until the next non-spinoff Battlefield game.

All that said it most likely won't be small arms damage for Scouts.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Hey I bailed out of this game when Hardline came out, but I've been getting the "shoot mans" urge again. Is LLJK still active, or has it splintered off into 1000 sub parts?

Fake Edit: I'm guessing the Mumble is still the best place to go?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Mumble's still the best place to go

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Tasoth posted:

Dunno how many of you know this, but MANPADs are 'Not a bug, it's a feature' in that they have a random chance of just killing someone out of a chopper on impact. IIRC, that's not supposed to happen but DICE liked the effect and left it in.

This is true and for added hilarity it is almost always a head shot on the poor bastard getting murked in the passenger seat. There is also a bug where if the stinger goes in through the side doors it can kill all of the occupants of the chopper without damaging the helo itself.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Can you still putt your little bird sideways and the stinger goes right through the side doors harmlessly?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Sandweed posted:

Can you still putt your little bird sideways and the stinger goes right through the side doors harmlessly?

Yup, the double doors also cause the looping rockets bug. It tracks to hit the center of the body's model, the lack of collision objects in between it and the middle confuse the rockets tracking. You can also see these tracking issues on the attack boat, sometimes you will get a lower damage hit(aoe drop off radius being caused by the rocket angling upward at the last second).

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I spent most of an afternoon shooting heli spergs out of the air with Sabot shells and then Jihad Jeeping people because it made one guy on the other team really angry. Turns out this game is still pretty fun.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Lazyfire posted:

I spent most of an afternoon shooting heli spergs out of the air with Sabot shells and then Jihad Jeeping people because it made one guy on the other team really angry. Turns out this game is still pretty fun.

Jihad Jeeps are the only redeeming feature of China Rising maps. So wide open.

You can always play with pubs plenty of full servers still.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm tempted to pick this up or Hardline. Which is funner and the more active pvp?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

super macho dude posted:

I'm tempted to pick this up or Hardline. Which is funner and the more active pvp?

HARDLINE IS MUCH MORE FUN AND 4 IS MUCH MORE ACTIVE.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Raphus C posted:

There's one more redeeming feature, at least on Silk Road. Get a MAV and prematurely detonate all the people putting C4 on motorbikes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Is there a way to get the old MAV controls back btw,?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Raphus C posted:

United Noobs has a 24/7 silk road or China Rising that mostly features Silk Road server where people get really, really upset if you even use C4 to end their tank-on-a-ridge strategy. If no one is on I'll get on that server and make life difficult for people.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

super macho dude posted:

Get 4. Hardline is about as fun, but the population went down the tubes FAST and I doubt it can get back up again.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Welp so much for Frostbite and Levelution being anything impressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9-uFu-FTjM&t=86s

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 5, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tbf it seemed like they only really gave a poo poo about levolution on Siege of Shanghai

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
How much do I need premium now? It's sorta on sale but I haven't touched BF4 since maybe the second month since the game was out, so I'm completely out of the loop.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Levolution ended up being bad because the zany stuff they wanted to actually implement got scaled back until they were nonexistent due to memory limitations. The system would have been better if they had stuck to just lots of buildings you can flatten as opposed to a single giant setpiece that blows up/falls over.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Sober posted:

How much do I need premium now? It's sorta on sale but I haven't touched BF4 since maybe the second month since the game was out, so I'm completely out of the loop.

You kinda need it since, unless they changed it, you can't even play on servers with non-vanilla maps in rotation even if the current one is vanilla.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Also you get a bunch of dope guns, and personally using and mastering a wide variety of weapons is a big part of the fun for me.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Pharmaskittle posted:

You kinda need it since, unless they changed it, you can't even play on servers with non-vanilla maps in rotation even if the current one is vanilla.
Wow, huh, EA gonna EA. They also skimped on the Premium only upgrade sale price, it's only 2 bucks cheaper than BF4+premium.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah I dunno when the price is likely to drop or how frequently it does l. I've gotten way more mileage out of bf4 with goons than like, any other game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

New Concept Hole posted:

Levolution ended up being bad because the zany stuff they wanted to actually implement got scaled back until they were nonexistent due to memory limitations. The system would have been better if they had stuck to just lots of buildings you can flatten as opposed to a single giant setpiece that blows up/falls over.

If they hadn't released it on 360 and PS3 we might have had a good game.

• Locked thread