Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The attachment progression is the same but holy gently caress do the Ranks and Kit levels take for loving ever. It's going to take like 3 days straight of playing to unlock the ammo bag at the rate this poo poo moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

keyframe posted:

/\/\ What ammo bag? I thought support started with one already. Took me like an hour to unlock defibs on medic. I would recommend playing domination instead of conquest if your goal is to unlock stuff real fast.

The ammo bag that's actually worth a poo poo. The one the support starts with only resupplies bullets. You need the last unlock to get the old bag we know and love.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The duckbill for the shotgun seems interesting. The spread is the same but it compresses it vertically and expands it horizontally. Also is it just me or is the AK-12 idiotic right now. It reminds me of the BF3 beta UMP.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Zotix posted:

Destroying C should require some c4 or other explosives placed inside the tower.

You should have to make an engineer coat the pillars with nano-thermite paint first

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Carbon Deity posted:

I really want to like the return of the Spec Ops class, but the C4 just feels like it's been neutered. It takes all three to MAYBE kill a tank, and forget jihading, which will at most disable unless you get really lucky.

It takes 2 C4 to kill a tank. I've never seen a tank eat 3 bricks and I've been playing nothing but Recon since I finished unlocking all of the gadgets.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Carbon Deity posted:

Is that from the rear? I usually plant on the side.

Anywhere. I've planted it on the front, side, underneath, above, behind. Never had a problem destroying a tank.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Battlefield probably isn't for you then. There's a massive amount of routes to bypass tanks that they're essentially a non-issue. Especially since every class can do decent damage to them now. I can't stand the DMR's but the Carbines and the Shotguns are both excellent alternatives for a Recon.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The MX-4 fires significantly faster with an insignificant amount of recoil. The PP-2000 is clearly inferior if you bothered using it instead of trying to spreadsheet it out. Rate of fire and damage are the only two things that matter when it comes to PDW's. Just look at BF3. The PP-2000 and the UMP were both absolutely useless in PDW range (until the UMP got bumped to a 3 hit kill at nearly point blank range). The Bizon did absolute poo poo for damage and was useless. The MP7's only saving grace was the disgustingly good hipfire accuracy.

Low ROF SMG's will never be good unless they kill in 2-3 shots. The PP-2000 does not ergo it's poo poo.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Until 1 laser locked RPG blows you apart.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ularg posted:

Ugh. Rank 10 in game but not in battlelog. I don't want to play any more of this poo poo I just want to see what's in the gold battlepack.

You can open them in game.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Boloww/weapons/306159096/pc/

If you aint running Recon with an 870 and C4 then I don't know what you're doing with your life.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Grouchy Smurf posted:

Obliteration In Shanghai is dumb. It's almost impossible to intercept the bomb carrier due to the skyscraper.
I really hope the other maps don't provide vantage points. I really like the mode.

Edit: Also, whose idea was it to be able to ride vehicles while carrying the bomb? We are talking search-and-destroy 101 here.

That's why you drop C in the first 30 seconds of the map

EDIT:vvvv It's way better than the one from BF3 post nerf. It actually does damage to infantry too vvvvvv

Bolow fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 10, 2013

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I had one goal and one goal only after unlocking the shotgun

I have met this goal.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Agreed, "skygods" weren't nearly as scary in BF3 as they were in BF2. You still have people going 80 and 1, but I really never felt like they dominated the map when I played BF3.

Except you know, if you actually wanted to drive a vehicle instead of walk everywhere.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Randler posted:

C4 in the beta felt like it had a significantly lower radius of explosion. I hope this doesn't make jihad jeeps ineffective. :ohdear:

No the dog poo poo collision and a stiff breeze disabling your vehicle will be more than enough to cripple jihad jeeps/jetskis. The best part of the beta is finally getting a chance to jihad jetski the attack boat only to watch my jetski slip through the boat and launch out the other side like a missile. The dirtbikes in BF3 suffer from the same bullshit.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

FYI According to the battlelog the following weapons are unlocked from playing the campaign

M412 Rex (Pistol)
Prison Shank (Knife Replacement)
Machete (Knife Replacement)
QBZ-95-1 (Assault Rifle)
P-90 (SMG)
M249 (LMG)

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So there's a choice at the very end of the BF4 singleplayer. One will give you a M249 the other a P90 for multiplayer whoever you hand the c4 to, that's the weapon you will get. Sending Hannah down will give you a P90, Irish the M249

Did anyone get the QBZ-95-1?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Isn't that a weapon you just pick up from a Chinese soldier?

It's for the To Valhalla assignment for singleplayer so you can use it in multiplayer. I'm assuming their might be a 3rd choice where you let the Valkyrie sink maybe

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Man when people start getting JDAMS half the maps are going to be unfuckingplayable.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Well Commander mode is loving terrible. All you do is spam nearly everything at your disposal on cool down, especially the UAV which lasts 10 seconds and recharges nearly instantly. The cruise missile takes a full loving minute to get on to target which by the time it gets there most people will be long gone, especially since the evac alert is on a short cool down. Not to mention the huge cool down for the missile itself. Unfortunately not having a commander is a massive disadvantage, so hopefully there's some sadist out there who can deal with that poo poo because I sure as gently caress won't.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

no face posted:

So then, I completed the single player campaign and sacrificed Irish and the M249 didn't unlock. Do I need to run the single player AGAIN to unlock the M249?

Just fire up multiplayer it'll be there.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Hit them from the sides, behind or top. Sadly there's no hitbox for underneath the tank like in BC2, where you could randomly 1 shot a tank if you snuck an at4 up there.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The main problem with HC mode is that it makes everyone play super passively and actively punishes aggressive play

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Good thing I have thermals on my boat so I can see anyone dumb enough to try to sneak up to my boat, even if they're underwater. Paracel Storm while an awesome map is hideously unbalanced. The winning side will generally have 2-3 boats on their side and be completely unassailable , that coupled with the ability to cap every single point except Bravo makes it impossible for a team to recover unless all of the enemy boats die some how. Maybe things will be better when engineers have SRAWS and poo poo but I doubt it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

For the MAA, can one of you ridiculous vehicle-spergs tell me if the active-radar rockets are good enough for all your anti-air needs? If so, then I can whore the 30mms and prox radar for killing men with maximum efficiency.

They only do 25 damage a piece but give next to no warning they're in bound. You can ripple off both and start firing your main gun and nearly instagib helicopters.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Pharmaskittle posted:

Always die in your vehicle. I'll only hop out if I'm at less than ten percent and literally see a swarm of missiles already streaking towards me.

No don't do this. I liked having both AA vehicles on C in Lancang Dam instantly obliterating all the jets and helicopters that spawned.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

SAMARIX posted:

Looks like new/old BF3 guns to. F2000 at 0:25.

That's the XM25

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Try playing Warfighter because that poo poo is way loving worse.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Perestroika posted:

The M249 is pretty amazing due to a huge ROF while still being fairly controllable, if you don't have that the LSAT will do just fine as well. The PKP is still as devastating as back in BF3 if you can get it set up, but the recoil and dispersion are very harsh when you're not.

240B is where it's at. I also found the PKP very controllable as well. With the PKP and the 240 however you do not want to use a barrel attachment besides the flash hider or suppressor. The muzzle brake and compensator gently caress up full auto firing and there isn't enough drift or vertical recoil to warrant using them. I did use the compensator for the 249 though because it has a ton of side to side recoil.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I don't know why they don't just use the smoke from BC2. That poo poo was actually useful and won a few games by smoking the poo poo out of an MCOM or cap point.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So this is apparently a thing. Thanks dukka for the poo poo angle.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Carecat posted:

After 14 hours only playing engineer I'm certain rocket launchers are really underpowered. They need to do 10 more damage across the board. Only doing 30 damage if you are very lucky makes them a joke.

Try shooting them from the sides/rear? You get actively rewarded for good positioning by crippling the movement of the vehicle.

lonter posted:

What's a "thing"? What are you talking about?

If you look at the underbarrel it's an M326 MASSLAUNCHER

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Someguy posted:

So it seems there is a quite a bit of blow back happening right now from the competitive community and regular players alike Re: Air vehicle balance (and more specifically why they are awful) that may be buried on these forums under the weight of all the netcode and crashing woes.

If they removed jets from the game and toned down the MAA the game would improve massively. Planes have been hideously overpowered for every iteration of Battlefield till now.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I still have no idea how anyone could think the BF3 jets were overpowered against anything save other aircraft. This is a complaint that is unique to SA.

Well yeah if you just forgo any sort of vehicle whatsoever than BF3 jets were perfectly balanced.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So is there a reason to ever use a Compensator or Muzzle Brake on anything? Especially over a suppressor, flash hider or heavy barrel. In contrast seem to make your weapons worse.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

John Magnum posted:

As far as Accessories go... Well, obviously a Laser if you plan on hipfiring. If you don't, is anything particularly good? Is it just kind of a matter of preference between a long range sight and canted irons vs a short range sight and a magnifier?

Depends on the weapon. I really like the magnifier and holosight on most things except stuff I use at close range which I generally run with a laser and suppressor coupled with a red dot. My current SCAR-H setup is a Heavy Barrel, Angled Grip, Magnifier and Holosight.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

I think the HAWK has it beat with 14 pellets for a total of 252 (if it counts as a semi auto).

I'm of the opinion its the best shotgun in the game (except maybe the UTS in certain situations) because of the crazy damage and magazine that reloads quickly. Full choke that poo poo with a laser and flechette then go to town. Frags are probably better on a higher ROF shotgun.

The hawk does slightly less damage than the 870. The pump actions in general have like a 15m 1 shot kill range with darts and have an extremely tight spread provided you ads. Semi-autos are much better at hipfiring and room clearing. I wouldn't use frags in anything but the Saiga or DBV-12 simply because reloading the 1014 and the QBS takes for loving ever and you'll generally be mag dumping on people with frags.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

What were those recommended settings in Battlefield 3 to make it look more colorful and less "GRITTY WAR SHOOTER"? I feel like the same treatment needs to be applied to BF4 because I'm playing on Paracel storm right now and I feel like my screens color is actually being washed away by grey/monochrome filters and grain.

That's because Paracel takes place in the middle of a loving Typhoon, not a bright and sunny day.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

The FY-JS requires you to get 50 headshots of 250 meters or more.

Marksman ribbons are headshots totaling in 250m. So 2 125m headshots will net you 1 marksman ribbon. 1 500m headshot will net you 2. You need 12.5 kilometers worth of sniper rifle headshots for all 50 ribbons.

gently caress that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

APFSDS + Zuni Rockets, kill everything.

• Locked thread