Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

randombattle posted:

I would have gone with the terminator 2 theme myself. That EOD bot is no joke.

I think it's more funny when it tries to be serious.

Haha, this works. Up until Herb Alpert comes in.

I'm going through the multiplayer, so I can get a good feel of how the game mechanics work. I've played around in BF:BC2, but never felt I was good enough for multiplayer. After I can graduate from how BF1942 and BF2 (and especially BF:V) works, I hope to be able to join the goon servers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
Is there any aiming advantage that I don't know about with the laser? I ironsight all the weapons when I need accuracy, but turn off my laser to limit detection. I'm assuming any weapon accessories that unlock make my current weapon a little bit stronger.

Also, anyone, feel free to add me on Origin, CTS server has been a ghost town, and I wanna play on a server with some goons. OriginID is "ItsFullOfTuna"

trunkwontopen fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 28, 2015

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

DStecks posted:

Also really really fun: HDR effects that loving blind you when you look up at the big drat tower that half the enemy team is sniping your spawn from.

Yeah, this is from a few pages back, but I'm pretty sure you are referencing Rogue Transmission, where the HDR effects are not in the favor of the US; they align properly behind the snipers at the tower near E. A well placed sniper can pick off those at the spawn/A. On one such server that heavily rotates this map, they love to do this.

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Does anyone on here play hardcore at all? I'd love to play with you guys on KFS and shizz, but I just can't play on soft-core servers.

I do, from time to time. I'm still learning (currently 26 rank, but I never played BF3 so I'm at a disadvantage) so I choose the hardcore maps to give my skills a little umph.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

socialsecurity posted:

Does anyone know of a server where you can't pick what team you are on? Every round I play is 2-3 guild squads and 100s on one side and the other side just people coming in and leaving fast against the stack, the more servers I leave the more unstable BF4 gets and a I get a memory leak so I would like to find some sort of loner server with completely random teams.

I would love this as well. Couple of the servers that I have been on, the badmins have stated that they want uneven teams to "heighten the BF4 experience to liken real-life war" but, of course, they either join the stacked side, or are already on it. It really is no fun to be on a team of 10-14 people, facing a full team of 24 or 36.

Jippa posted:

My main gripe with hardcore is not immediately being able to tell who my team mates are. I'm obviously fine with no enemy markers but having to basically spot your own team to decide who to shoot really takes away from the whole thing.

I could be mistaken is that just a bug or a server setting or some thing or have they patched that out?

I think hardcore has always been like that. I tend to only occasionally play hardcore and I've noticed that the opposing team is a bit of a darker character set. (one of the servers that I have favorited is handgun only Op Locker)

Content: Not sure if this was because of the new patch, or what, but I was pubbing Dawnbreaker, in a heli just NE of A. Our heli was hit, and we went down into the river. We must have hit a sweet spot, as we were actually ejected into the underside of the map. The other guy and myself could swim anywhere to any point under the map. Although we couldn't shoot anyone, we could cap points and spot the opposing team. I kinda want that to happen again, but feel that it was a one-in-a-million experience. Fun fact: There is a city-block sized vortex of water underneath the map, between B and C.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Propaganda Hour posted:

32 player obliteration on Locker is hella fun and I will 1v1 anyone that disagrees

Do you know of one? I can never find a pop'd server that runs Obliteration on Op Locker. Namely, either TDM or 24/7 conquests that always end up the same: rush C, camp C, push forward. I even got called out on a server because I didn't want to participate on that. I would rather catch the scragglers that ended up taking either A or E because no one can learh how to effectively choke any of those points.

It's a good warm up map though for it being DICE's version of de_dust2.

Also, added a few of you on Origin, I'm a late night ET goon that plays sporadically from 10-11pm up until 4-5am. Name's the same, feel free to add me, especially if you like to play within a squad and know how to loving spot people/vehicles on a map.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Dillbag posted:

Open question for the veterans here. How often do you end up in decent squads that actually sets objectives, covers each other, and just generally communicates? I just hit level 8 and the only time I've been in a squad that had any sort of communication at all was when some nasally voiced 100+ told me I was terrible when I crashed a chopper.

I would say, given the servers that I play on, probably 1 in 12 times. But that is a definite YMMV as you have random types of players. I've seen support classes that do not drop ammo, and I've seen recon that sit/camp/snipe and don't bother to spot. However, I have seen people form admirable squads, setting objectives to help teams reach objectives.

I did have a really great experience in a squad, where one flew a heli, we had a medic, I was engineer, and a support. After flying around Dwnabreaker, we would land on a rooftop, make repairs, stock ammo, heal, etc. One of the few times I ended the match with >10k. Just do what I do, if you don't like the squad you are in, create your own and be the leader, or join a different squad. People sometimes morph into squad tasks and play styles.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Dillbag posted:

Thanks for the input, good to know it's not just me. Has there been any success in setting up a weekend goonsquad pubstomp on a server? I get decent pings to the goon server Camping The Stairs, but have never ever seen anyone on it.

I'm all up for this, but I can do it Sunday night only, next weekend. This is my poo poo weekend, covering Sat and Sun night. And yeah, there is rarely no one on there. I was on there earlier to see if idling in a server remotely would grant me an additional BP, but then I was killed, so I left. We should set up some type of SAGoon "lets play on CTS" weekend.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Gonz posted:

I was on a server earlier that was nothing but Shanghai, and I watched teammates in no fewer than 3 rounds jump in some tanks, use the tanks to get to C faster, and then abandon the tanks outside the ground floor elevators.

I desperately tried to switch teams, but to no avail. I chastied them for continuously doing so, only to see them reply "STFU rear end in a top hat" or "fuk u faget".

Motherfucking pubbies. God damnit.

This poo poo pisses me off to no end. This isn't BF1942. Often, they will rush to a spot, hop out of the tank, get killed, and now all of a sudden the opposing team has an extra tank. This happens all the time in Zavod; a single-celled, single moron takes the Bradley to B/C (or C/D) and abandons it. Walking is fun.

EDIT:

Feindfeuer posted:

Also, I hate BF4 pubbies...

Pubbies don't spot. Ever. If you are sniper class, that scope also makes for a great monocular! If you just can't seem to hit someone on the opposing team sneaking into a capped base, and its occupied x5, let us know, okay? It shows up on our map too. I think a good 30% of my score at the end of the round is from spot bonuses.

trunkwontopen fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Feb 2, 2014

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

jisforjosh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGPm4bm_CbY

:stare: Joined the match and we were down 200 to 600. Last couple of minutes we were down 30 to 100. Yelling at pubbies to not spawn worked and we held out with single digit tickets remaining to win :stare:

Holy poo poo!

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
Apparently there must be some new hack out that allows an enemy to spawn right behind you, then they can go in for a knife kill. It happened to me twice in my recent game, by the same person. I heard the shuffle sound, the message said "soldier spawned on you" and then I got knifed from behind. There was no other player that I saw on my minimap. It's sad that I can't make this stuff up. I think I gotta park this game for a while.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Sparticle posted:

Sounds like an average spawn on Dragons Teeth maps.

I only played the one map so far, I don't remember the name. I've been AFK for a good 2 months while the room that holds my computer was undergoing work.

Chronojam posted:

We saw some of that a few days ago where our players swore this one guy kept spawning on them, so probably.

I've looked around online to see if other people are reporting it, and there are a few threads, but I was really hoping for some sort of advertisement of the hack itself. I know that most of that poo poo is kept away from the public eye, so links are spread around and eventually make their way back to Dice/EA.

Rod Munch posted:

There are some pretty iffy Dragon's Teeth spawns, but can't see it being a hack. The other day I had a squad member at about 10 o'clock in front of me as we are moving on a point. He takes cover behind a garbage bin about 20m in front of me. As I am moving I see a guy drop right on him. I keep moving up, and all of a sudden both of us are dead from the enemy that spawned. Now to be fair, he wasn't marked as a squad member, but I have kind of stopped paying attention to that since I seem to get a 2 second delay in squad members being marked (compared to other teammates).

This happened on 64 player conquest-large Rogue Transmission. The exact scenario happened is when I spawned at E, ran inside, and was killed by the player in question on the east side building. My next spawn was at the far west side of C, under the dish (since E was capped) and seconds later, got the notification that someone spawned on me. Then I was knifed from behind. There was no way, even in a vehicle, that the guy could get that far, from the east side of E, to the west side of C, when we had B and C pretty much covered and was pushing towards E for a recap.

The second scenario, I was descending on the southern side of the hills just south of D, hoping to flank someone running from A on the opposing team. Heard that sound, the notifiation, then moments later I was knifed. He was eventually killed in the kill cam, as my team had that area pretty much covered. People were chatting in team wondering how that guy got around undetected.

I'm jumpy to the extent that if I hear something running behind me, and there are no teammates on my minimap, then I immediately turn around. However, hearing that "shuffle sound and getting the notification, I don't double check.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!
I didn't find the HL beta to be all that enticing, and there is a LOT of work that needs to be done on it.Love being one-shotted with a shotgun from 4 stories at ground level, to get hit in the arm, and die. Fantastic. But, I think that since the Beta is closed now, I've seen a lot more animosity back in the BF4 servers. For example, there was a clan that I was playing with from Canada (I've seen them a few times) that have no sportsmanship whatsoever. Only 8 of us having some fun sniping eachother and cat-and-mousing, and one of those idiots hops into a tank. Then gets all pissed when I C4 them. I've been seeing a lot of anger issues and an increase of racism/bigotry as well. Anyone else?

Dillbag posted:

So are you fuckers going to come back after the Hardline Beta is over? It's getting pretty lonely over here.

We've been following each other around recently, and it's been a blast. Anyone else that's a nightcrawler like me, add me on Origin/Battlelog: ItsFullOfTuna

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Google Butt posted:

How do I join a goon platoon? Can someone invite me? Origin name is Google_rear

I found one that was called 10BX, and applied. Still waiting to be accepted. But, to find it, I think you can click on Platoon, search for it, and join.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

Chronojam posted:

Mash "Q" if you want to narc on the bad guys.

Someone on another site, that shall not be named, told me to get the attention of a support or assault medic (wave to them) to hit the Q button. MY Q key is my left strafe, and they told me that I'm playing with an AZERTY keyboard. Sigh, not everyone uses WSAD for movement keys. It took me a while to know that spot/comm was default set at Q. And that made me sad.

Anyhow, Applied to be in the LLJK platoon, as I'm so full of the tuna. Anyone getting Hardline besides nobody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

xyigx posted:

Cleaning house on LLJK all applications were cleared and cleaning a few people who have not played in forever out. If I accidently boot you and your still playing let me know.

I'm still playing :/

• Locked thread