Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Grey Fox V2 posted:

-3 Gold Battlepacks
-Vehicle Shortcut Bundle for Battlefield 3™
-Access to the Exclusive Battlefield 4™ Beta

And the first expansion as well I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Does BF4 use Battlelog the same as BF3 did?

Edit: I should say, will the Beta use it?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Does changing your graphics settings actually do anything? I've switched between ultra, medium and low a few time but haven't noticed any change in performance.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Soarer posted:

One thing that people freaking out about the battle packs offering upgrades that give different bonuses then the normal unlockables need to keep in mind is that all of the unlockables are not in the game yet. The muzzle break and flash hider are not the same but if you look suppressors aren't in for any of the rifles I looked at.

There are a couple suppressors for the sniper rifle. One you can unlock from using the gun, the other comes from battle packs.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

fookolt posted:

Anything I can read while waiting to get home in order to prepare for the beta?

Here you go.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

kidRiot posted:

How exactly do you turn off the overlay?

Open Origin, its under account settings or preferences or something.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Lugaloco posted:

Sorry for the late reply but I just spawned in as recon for a life and didn't have a scope. Maybe it's a bug because I didn't have any other attachments or gadgets now that I think about it.

I went into the loadout menu in Battlelog and the default had nothing selected for equipment, but I was able to set everything manually including iron sights. So maybe you need to do it from Battlelog?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

xorex posted:

It makes me nervous knowing anybody out there can be watching me and whatever stupid poo poo I am doing in game :ohdear:

Shoot the words "gently caress YOU" into a wall to let them know that you know they are watching you.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

Surely you can't be serious, because that's ridiculous. Even wikipedia knows what's up.

Assuming this is what they're called in some regional dialect, then have some class, people that are in charge of naming these things in these places.

Most people I know call the Expanding Gas Redirection Modules, or P.E.N.I.S. for short.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

I was able to play this morning. First game I tried when I got home from work I couldn't deploy. After quitting that one and trying a new server it just sits at the loading screen for a while, then changes to a black screen that says "loading" in the top right corner but I can hear the game, even people on mic. Then it crashes after a minute of that. Awesome.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

BossRighteous posted:

Same here. I tried reinstalling without realizing it would want to download the entire 5Gb package over again. Origin ftw.

Well it seems I can join Conquest but not Domination. Huh.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

dog nougat posted:

Dammit. I'm stuck on the loading screen/black screen where I can hear everything. It was working fine earlier today. Anybody know how to fix this?

Google's giving me a whole lot of nothing.

It was doing that to me and I kept trying different servers until it worked. Also apparently I'm not allowed to look at capture point C in domination because I get .5 FPS when I do.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Faltion posted:

I just had a strange bug occur. I killed a guy and got a recon master dogtag, which I thought was odd because I definitely don't have 500 recon kills. Then when the match ended I got all these dogtags:

Did you just hit level 5? I got a buttload of gun tags when I hit level 5.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

mad.radhu posted:

I just realized this:

is probably supposed to happen all the time. I get it if I look at exactly the right spots from exactly the right angles, 99% of the time my game looks like this:

Time to upgrade the Radeon 6850 HD I guess :negative:

You should at least wait until release to see if you need to upgrade, the full version of the game should be better optimized and run better than the beta.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

the_FERRET posted:

You only get one guess!

The huge guy at the top with his back turned to the camera.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

dinoputz posted:

Nooby question: how is anyone playing right now? I'm still locked.

They moved(their internet) to Korea(using a VPN).

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Olive Branch posted:

Has anyone stumbled across a dog tag and weapon collectible guide for the campaign yet? My inner completionist OCD sperg needs everything.

I found a guide that had all the dog tag locations called VG247 or something.

Edit: http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/28/battlefield-4-single-player-walkthrough-–-baku-mission-1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Gropiemon posted:

:dice: is great at making me feel retarded. Is there a way to add servers to favorites? I don't see the option anywhere in my browser.

While browsing servers there is a faint star to the left of the server name. Click it to add a server to your favorites.

• Locked thread