Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ravenfood posted:

Play on domination and treat it like the SMG it is. Spray and never stop moving. That said, I hated it and switched over to the first carbine as soon as I unlocked it.

To add to this, the AK5C is pretty much godlike past 3m or so-there's almost no recoil, and with a muzzle brake it'll put the full 30 shots into a man-sized target at 30m+. After using it for a while on my recon, going back to the SCAR-H or the Ultimak LMG is absolute hell. The other carbine has an edge on it in extremely close quarters, but anything outside "sticking it up someone's rear end" range, the AK5 will win.

Also, can anyone explain to me again, in the simplest terms, how to airburst the XM25? No matter what I do, it just keeps flying till it hits something solid. Tried zooming after pointing it at the obstacle, etc, no luck.

E: VVVV The brake does a really good job negating recoil for long bursts, so at any but longest ranges you'll still get more rounds on target.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Owen Wilsons Nose posted:

Can you customize the transport chopper or is it still a forgotten afterthought?

My question about this always is, what is there to customize? Especially in the current state of beta, there's really not much functionality you can add to a well-coordinated t-heli without making it ridiculously godlike. You have x2 miniguns that utterly shred enemy helis and light armor (MRAPs/boats), you have possibly the best survivability in the game with 2x engies+flares, and if there's 1-2 recons on the ground worth poo poo-all, you've got an RPG sticking out each side to slam anything that gets painted.

It would be cool to have the ability to mount rocket pods SOAR-style, but that'd just make it ludicrously powerful.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lord Yod posted:

It would be awesome if you could get the passive unlocks that the other choppers get. Air radar in particular would be great. Some sort of look down camera or something to make hot landings easier would be fantastic as well.

I definitely agree that they're a bit to survivable at the moment though.

Didn't think about stuff like the lookdown camera, to be honest. I don't think their survivability is too high right now, though-it's the single most involved vehicle in the game. The reason for that is simple: no other vehicle is as dependent on having a full communicating squad as the heli.

Owen Wilsons Nose posted:

Well I meant defensive options like ECM jammer instead of useless flares, air radar or proximity scan. It sucks that 1 guy with a stinger can fire every 4 seconds while your countermeasures take 12 seconds and its too slow to get out of a stingers 80 mile range in time.

A pair of engies can out-repair the damage a stinger does between hits, plus now that you have directional indicators for the lock and literally tons of buildings to hide behind, I've yet to see a heli get taken down or even seriously inconvenienced by a stinger engie. Now, when you're getting slammed by the enemy attack helo that's good enough to stay out of the miniguns' arc, and have an engie or two firing stingers at it, you're pretty much SOL if you can't shake at least half of those things. By my count, though, 4 people plus an air asset hunting you isn't something you should survive unless you're drat good or lucky. Not to mention that a good transport pilot will slip broadsides to an enemy helo and shred it to bits in a couple of seconds, anyways.

Edit: these are the current realities though. We'll see how much of a hilarious sitting duck it will become on the more open maps. In shanghai, though, the TH is king.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 2, 2013

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Anti-Hero posted:

I'm pleased with how easy it is to ping choppers with the RPG now. I've had maybe 3 multikills involving clown-car transport heli kills with that thing. I've had way more Battlefield (tm) moments in the beta than I had in all of my BF3 career.

Battlefield moments (tm) definitely happen much more often here. Had an amazing one earlier today-sky diving across the river from the skyscraper between D and E, emptied an XM25 mag at a group of enemies trying to cap C, killing them all. Land close to the opposite shore and immediately get run over by a jetski. :laugh:

This game is going to be so drat fun. Can't wait to get an eotech/mag setup on the SCAR. :getin:

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lord Yod posted:

So I just found the lockon rocket launcher at the top of the skyscraper. Are there any other pickup weapons in the conquest map?

Same skyscraper, on the diagonally opposite corner, has an M82A1 with a rangefinder on it. OHKs everyone.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ravenfood posted:

Conversely, the hardest part for me is finding someone to hit the targets I lased. :(

I wish I could play around with some longer-range optics on the sniper rifles. I really like how, so far, the combat allows for a lot of back-and-forth because the map is huge with ample amounts of cover, and nobody has any advanced optics (and all the attachments are essentially the cqc attachments). Adding in 3.4x scopes, or even 2x attachment stuff, might change a lot of that. The SCAR-H would just be mean with a scope.

The lasing/locking thing is some kind of vicious cycle. If I run around as recon, I can laze poo poo all day and maybe get one or two RPG hits on my target, which makes me stop lazing and go engineer. Meantime, as an engineer, I barely ever see locks, so I don't really position myself in the best areas to respond to them.

I can't wait for the full customization options-don't forget that any weapon can have the canted BUIS as well, so imagine running something like a SCAR with a 4x/muzzle brake/canted irons/AFG(which reduces FSRM by 50%). Or even as I said before, SCAR with the eotech/mag setup and whatever else you want-I do wonder if DMRs will have the option for longer-range sights though, because running an M110 with a 6x/BUIS will be insane, especially in HC mode.

All the new sight options wreak a bit of havoc with the speciaization aspect of it, though. In BF3 you had that tradeoff in CQB effectiveness if you were running high-mag scopes. From what it looks like in the beta, that's not really a choice you'll have to make any more.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Fabricated posted:

Man, how can people say the audio is great? The guns sound terrible, and getting winged by snipers is a gently caress of a lot less scary since it's the generic "ZIII-POW! ZWWOOOSH!" movie sniper sounds instead of the way, way more realistic pops that made the hair stand up on the back of my neck in BF3.

That's what it is! The audio overall is pretty great, but something felt off to me, and this is it. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in the weapon/bullet sounds overall, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lazyfire posted:

Because some people aren't men of the glorious Soviet States.

Also, is it pretty much agreed that in the beta the X25 airburst thing is the new King Carl or what?

It's not bullshit overpowered, but goddamn I now can't wait to get ammo boxes and just be king poo poo of counter-enfillade mountain with that thing. Finally figured out how to properly use it and :circlefap: goddamn.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Soarer posted:

It's always like this for me too. However on the rare occasions when someone is actually painting or shoots my targets is glorious.

Oh yes, the first time I spent some serious time lazing, there were 3 or 4 engineers that were on point and it was intense. Got something around 5K points in a very short time.

Also, just got the ammo box. Time to sit in a corner and clear roofs with my pocket bomber. :getin:

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Target Practice posted:

Yeah I don't know if the attack chopper gets shoved around more than the transport chopper, but I found in the transport if I was near a building or the ground when we got hit it was more a matter of luck than skill that kept me from crashing. I can only imagine what the poor Little Bird is gonna feel like. :ohdear:

I really hope that the littlebird gets shoved around by minigun/small arms fire. :laugh: The boat/transport miniguns are deadly enough as it is, watching them launch an LB into a cliff/building/off the map will be the best poo poo.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tarranon posted:

I dunno if it's just because rockets are faster or tank drivers are dumber at the moment but goddamn I've been having so much fun playing engineer, and it was my least favorite class in BF3. so many baller moments

Seconding this. The RPGs actually seem to put the hurt on tanks now-and with mobility kills being a thing now, it's even more fun. The AK5C being a ridiculous murderbeast doesn't hurt things, either.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

keyframe posted:

Yea thank loving god for that.

Also I don't get the earlier "It is pay2win you need battlechests to unlock everything! :qq:" complaints because everything seems to unlock pretty fast and I am hardly poopsocking this game, playing like 2-3 matches a day and I have most unlocks. I hope that unlock speed carries over to the final game or they make it even faster.

I think the reason for the Pay2win crying is all the stuff that's "battlepack only" in battlelog right now: if you look at unlocks, a lot of stuff like flash hiders/holo sights/foregrips are listed as only available from battlepacks.

Still buying the digital deluxe edition for the two gold battlepacks, because I'm that kind of sap.

Batham posted:

Closest I could get with the 20 layer limit.

Still better than most modern shooters. :unsmith:

Holy poo poo, do you mind if I steal that?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Batham posted:

Go right ahead! If I knew how to share emblems I'd send it to you.

Well, I don't even have a clue what you used to make the triangle outline :downs: might just be my fever, will try again later.

Also, I just realized that somehow the BL editor doesn't have a goddamn knife/sword primitive? There's goddamn A10s and such, but no blade? Really :dice: ? Only like 90% of unit patches/service tags use them or anything. Guess I'm stuck using my skull'a'clubs for now. Edgier than a 13 year old atheist.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Batham posted:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/EuBatham/stats/296899258/pc/

Enjoy!

It's the logo for Novalogic's old Delta Force series. The newer ones suck, but the old ones were great. I wouldn't recommend playing them now for the first time though, they've aged poorly. They require a bit of nostalgia to enjoy.

That's a ton of work. :staredog: Shamelessly stolen and added you on BLog.

Also, Delta Force 2 is still pretty well playable, if you can get it to run. ADS is weirdly placed, but I'm pretty sure they were the first, and for a long time only, game that did actual bullet physics, including zeroing scopes and such. Also, masterkey.

Ed: welp, the emblem's saved in the list, but it doesn't seem to show up when selected for use.

E2: Oh, evidently I haven't unlocked one of the shapes you've used? How the hell is that possible.

Final edit: The problem was shield5, I replaced em with shield4 and it works, slightly less pretty though. If anyone else has the same issue, use mine VVV Looks even better. Can't wait to run with the Delta crew!

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 4, 2013

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BBJoey posted:

So it turns out that sometimes the elevators don't despawn when the skyscraper is demolished, leading to Emergent Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI1PjO7rrIA

Sometimes the building doesn't despawn, either. Was running around yesterday with everyone floating in mid-air while the building was still shown as standing. Could shoot through whatever debris were supposed to be there, too.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Faltion posted:

I want to like this game but right now I can't because of how good the assault rifles are and also the u-1000 light machine gun. There is absolutely no reason a guy with irons should be able to get every round on me from 500 meters when I am using a dmr with an acog and can barely see him. The assault rifles just kill so fast, the scar especially and the ak-12 is so god drat accurate. I'm dying the moment I spawn over and over to assault rifles, there is absolutely no way to retaliate. Why use anything else?

So many times am I getting killed by the scar to see the guy running away or on the other side of a building before I ever hit the ground. Jesus christ.

First off, where did you find a clear 500m shot, and how long did you stay still to get killed? Also, you're gonna poo poo yourself when you meet someone using an 870 with slugs... Just the buckshot 870 will stop someone dead at 20m, slugs extend that to sniper range.

Just got the 870.... 25 more kills till I get the best all-around weapon. The shotguns right now are BC2 levels of awesome.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 4, 2013

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

keyframe posted:

Man there is nothing more fun than starting at the tallest building and then parachuting from roof to roof killing snipers and finally jumping down to cap a point.

Finally managed to drive the boat that spawns at C otoday earlier. It's main gun is amazing. :stare:

Dice really needs to add that island map to the rotation.

There's a reason the mission for it is called "hate boat". That thing is pretty much the avatar of destruction unless you get surrounded by tanks. TOWs and 40mm GL for main gun, 2x miniguns to finish off whatever managed to survive that, plus a 4th spot for an engineer to repair it.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Someguy posted:

Re: RPGs and laser locks

https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/385893637311442944
https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/386048443661037569

So they know it's broken and might even get rid of it?

Has he said anything about wire-guided missiles locking on to lasered targets? If anything, I'd figure that was the major oversight. RPGs could lock to tracers in BC2, too, so we'll see how it shakes out-a warning tone and the damage reduction is a good idea, at least.

Lugaloco posted:

I'm struggling to get onto any server. It either hangs on the infinite loading screen bug or in the cases I do get in it deploys my soldier but leaves me on the deploy screen :(

Manually update punkbuster. No, not joking. Why they still use the piece of poo poo is beyond me.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ugh, anyone's performance take a major poo poo today? Went from playable to ridiculous spikes down to 2-3 FPS at random.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Icebreaker posted:

I remember this completely differently. For me, BF3 beta was really enjoying, and I didn't encounter many annoying bugs. But if you say so, maybe I'm wrong, and BF4 beta is less bugged that BF3 beta.

Jesus christ dude, are you using machine translation or something? Aside from being ridiculously wrong, your posts are near impossible to read.

poo poo is seriously laggy right now, though. Gonna wait until tonight to try again, maybe poo poo will get less laggy.

Also, am I the only one that has yet to get a single camo? :qq: Rank 7 already, and not a single thing.

keyframe posted:

I was going to say this is the dumbest post but then I saw this:

Pretty sure that was sarcasm in response to ice's post.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mr.Citrus posted:

What causes mobility hits? Is that specifically from hitting tracks / wheels or is it from getting a vehicle X%?

Tracks/engines on boats will give you a mo-kill.

Also, looked up the stats on symthic right now and it's pretty hilarious. Comparing the RFB, Mk11, and SCAR, there's no difference in bullets to kill a 100%-HP target at any range, basically. 3 up close, 4 out past 60m. Only difference is the SCAR's slightly lowered accuracy. Oh and the ability to fire full-auto at 620rpm.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Manatee Cannon posted:

Is it just me or is the first shotgun terrible? It gets like seven shots as a primary weapon and has awful range, even for a shotgun. The MASS has better range, even. Then you run out (because ammo kits literally give you one shot before they run out because of the way the gun works) and you're stuck with a pistol. And then you need 8000 points with it to unlock the 870. :sigh:

The duckbill is super weird.

It's got pretty short range, but it fires as fast as you can click. Play domination, don't put on the duckbill, and you'll be cleaning house. At first it's hard to get used to, but once you realize that two center-mass shots will drop anyone in CQB, and a half-mag will either seriously injure or outright kill people at a pretty decent range, you'll learn to love it.

By comparison, the 870 with buckshot feels a bit sluggish since even up-close, a chest hit doesn't guarantee a kill.

Ed: Also holy poo poo shut the gently caress up about heli balance. They're fixing the OHK/no tone on RPGs, learn to dodge locks and take out the person locking you. Also, remember BF3 and soflams? How many pubbies actually used them to any effect?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I managed to fix part of the micro-stuttering for me, would like to see if it helps anyone else-go into origin and turn off all notifications and most importantly, turn off Origin in-game. Smoothed performance out for me quite a bit, and that's considering my setup is barely pushing 40fps.

And fuuuuck instant-spawn vehicle servers. Seriously ridiculous when you just have a neverending stream of tanks rolling out. If anyone wants to come tank-busting with me, I'm a decent painter and have ammo boxes if need be. Pretty sure I have a lot of people friended-IGN is NorthernCo.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Funkz posted:

:frogsiren: It is happening. :frogsiren:

Metro with XM25's :circlefap:

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rolling Scissors posted:

I hope with beta being an old build, that in the final game you can do a stairs slide jump with the jet ski and this wasn't just false advertising:

http://youtu.be/1SRxs5xYWuo?t=2m11s

If I try that in the beta it just hits an invisible wall. Pre-order cancelled :colbert:.

Holy shiiiiit I can't wait for all that to unlock. Also, those jets look amazing.

Gazaar posted:

Side, rear, wherever. 2 C4 is the golden rule of c4 in BF games.

drat straight. The third is for trapping the elevator after you take out a tank.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 6, 2013

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Carbon Deity posted:

Just got a multikill at the top of D doing this. :clint:

*ding dong*

The worst feeling when you're going up to clear out a sniper's nest. *ding dong* Hey why is that guy not shoo-OH gently caress.

Also, I'm kinda pissed that on the large version of the map, D no longer has those ladders on the sides. Trying to clear out people too smart to eat XM25's is a bitch when the only entry points are the elevator and parachuting down.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Icept posted:

I've found that a perpendicular side hit does more damage than a low angle rear hit, while I believe they did the same in BF3.

Also, there better be some DMRs in retail that don't suck dick cheese, getting 4-5 hits to kill is ridiculous.

They'll be baller as gently caress in HC modes. Right now, if you're not frame or lag-spiking, the 110 and the RFB are both pretty drat good. Would benefit from getting an eotech/mag setup and a laser or muzzle brake, though.

VV Still trying to figure it out. It's nice if you can get headshots up close, because it concentrates the spread vertically, but I see very little benefit to it if you're engaging at ranges where pellets have time to spread out.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 6, 2013

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's shared with either deploy bipod or toggle weapon light. You can bind keys more than once as long as they don't directly conflict in function.

Fun fact: if you look at the bottom-center of your screen, it has a little rose showing what keys do what. Sight switch is usually on T, zeroing/firemode switch is usually V, etc. But it's all there right on the bottom of the screen. Don't know if it changes with re-bound buttons, but then you should have checked what you're binding.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Battlefield-related, BF1942 is free on origin right now. Anyone feeling like some nostalgia?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ed: ^^ Ah. Got it late last night, so I figured it'd still be up. Whoops.

Breakfast All Day posted:

I typed "1942" into the search bar and unsurprisingly it's not one of the results. gently caress origin.

It popped up for me when I started origin. Doing a search now, it's not coming up either. Great job EA :downs:

You're not missing much, though-1942 is refusing to start on Win7.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Even if you can get it running 1942 is loving rough. I loved that game more than anything and I was blown away by how bad/near unplayable it is in just about every aspect. Also there are only like two servers which are populated by individuals who are still taking Battlefield 1942 very, very seriously. If you like barren maps and the worst gunplay a video game has ever put forth and getting sniped across the map with a Thompson by someone who's been playing nonstop for eleven years then dive right in.

I think it's best to leave 1942 as a nice, nostalgia-tinted memory.

I've played it before, but the only thing I remember is it having the K98k. Good to know all that, not gonna try to get it to work!

I assumed it'd be sort of like going back to CS 1.6 with only the super-spergs left, but figured it could be sorta fun still. Oh well.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OneEightHundred posted:

I dunno how Shanghai is "good", choking an entire map through a bridge is dumb.

Choking the armor through a bridge is good. Infantry gets to operate all over the place and engage each other without constantly getting hammered by tanks. For armor to get from B to D, they're crossing bridges with bollards-infantry can take a t-helo across to C or E, take watercraft from spawn to wherever, even swim-if you dive as much as possible, it's easy to make it across without getting spotted.

Basically, bridges create a nice bit of separation-you can grab an RPG or a tank and go slug it out, or you can go around and get into firefights or get behind the armor cluster and seriously screw the other team's push.

ETA: this is basically the reason why you have many more contested flags-if everything was choked through C, you wouldn't have constant fights at A and E, etc. Yes, bringing armor to bear on either of the last cap points is very hard to do, but that is the whole point: in BF3, once someone capped E or A, you'd pretty much get stuck with every bit of enemy armor hammering away at your spawn. In Shanghai, at least, you can still maneuver and back-cap the enemy front line, or at least get in position to hammer tanks' asses till they run.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 6, 2013

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OneEightHundred posted:

I stole a support kit that had ammo boxes and they weren't refilling my XM25. :confused:

e: Oh, there are two ammo things.... why?

The starting ammo cans track people down and force feed them a single mag-seriously, toss ammo to someone who needs it as they're running away, poo poo'll track them down-while the boxes have a smaller radius than BF3 but resupply everything.

Also, the MX4 is godlike if you're in the same block as the enemy.

Ed: also, as an FYI to anyone who hasn't ordered yet, pre-ordering the standard edition from Amazon gives you a gold battlepack. Origin gives you two gold battlepacks for an extra $10.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Oct 6, 2013

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

mcbexx posted:

Holy poo poo, that looks like some Doom/Duke Nukem poo poo compared to what we have today.
Nostalgia is a bitch. I don't remember it looking that bad.

How do those rose tinted glasses work?
Is it because we look at games today and transfer the quality to our memories and our mind goes "Well, since 1942 was awesome back then, it must have looked pretty drat cool, so here, have a fake/distorted memory"?

I don't think it's anything that complicated. It's more like you remember it looked awesome at the time, since your comparison point was the other stuff back then-unless you have ideal photo memory, you probably don't recall exactly what it looked like, just what you did in it/how it felt. We're honestly getting so close to photo-realistic stuff nowadays that a lot of "oh yeah that's CGI" stuff is starting to look like garbage.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DrPop posted:

Are you going to be able to attach magnifiers and poo poo to carbines and assault rifles in the full release, or are those LMG-only?

Per all the videos and previews, magnifiers/canted irons/ACOG/3.4x sights are available on ARs. Not sure about carbines, exactly, but an M16 with a 3.4x sight, grip and canted irons is confirmed.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

keyframe posted:

Does the flashlight blind enemies still? I unlocked it for my pistol just now.

Never had it used on me, but it seems to make people freak the gently caress out in close range. Half the time when I bust out my pistol the other guy will jerk away from it, missing most of the shots. It's pretty awesome to chase some dude down with it while he's basically blind-firing in your general direction :bustem:

It's pretty drat short-range though, and will make you a huge gently caress-off SHOOT HERE target from a long way off. Same as the laser pointer, actually: I've started diligently turning it off unless I'm busting into a door/around a corner. When you engage from ADS range, the pointer just makes you an easy target-aim at big glowing red bit, get kill. It's a lot harder to get spotted while moving around with it off, too.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 7, 2013

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

John Magnum posted:

What's the easiest way to get anything other than a sniper rifle to use as a recon, without ever needing to use a sniper rifle? It sounds like carbines from playing Engineer is popular?

Right now it seems like the AK5C, the first carbine you get, is head and shoulders above most other guns. Play engineer, get the AK5C, go rock some faces with that and C4.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

td4guy posted:

Damage in this beta is bugged. Check out the random 1-shot pistol kills in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cl6g4yiZyY

Well then, that explains quite a bit. Nothing so obvious as BF3's arm hitboxes, though. Any idea if this has been shown to DICE?

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lazyfire posted:

After hearing about how tanks are made of paper and being on the receiving end of that statement several times in the beta I have to ask how the hell people are dealing with the things that I'm missing. I've run engineer twice as much as any class so far and have maybe three to five tank kills to my name. Maybe it's the fact I'm often the only engineer working against the things while my team pumps sniper rounds into them.

The most important part is always hitting as close to perpendicular as possible and getting a good position. Getting an oblique front-armor hit on a tank will just kind of annoy it, while getting a 90* hit on the tracks or back will royally gently caress up their day. Generally, even if your choice is between a 90* front hit and a 45* side hit, try to aim for the tracks and hit from the side-it'll do about the same damage and has a chance of getting a mobility kill on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

Your handy feature already exists and you're even mentioning it in the first half of your post, just let go of zoom and zoom in again. I don't understand why you desire a change to it's behavior as it's fine as is. Also because adding a feature like this might break another thing down the line like letting tanks through elevators or something.

Except when the part you want to zero in is far away and you keep missing it when you zoom in and have to waste the time to un-zoom and zoom again just to try to get it right. Instead of zooming in, pointing where you want, locking that, and shooting. Much easier, much more accurate.

• Locked thread