Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

BBJoey posted:

I'm disappointed by all these rude emblems. Why can't we just have a nice, clean game? :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Durendal posted:

MBT guns no longer one shot attack choppers

Really? That sounds retarded as hell.

Also this will be the longest day at work :negative:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Sandweed posted:

Also winning a tank duel with just 2 health left on your Tank no longer means you have to abandon the tank!

Every one of my tanks that got below 10% self-destructed. :shrug:

Played a couple of rounds of beta last night and I'll probably won't play much more of it. Between the "everything is gray" map, the crashes and the stuttering (before and after driver update), I'm gonna wait until this is at least playable.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

keyframe posted:

Yea probably gonna order from GMG. Did anyone here get it from GMG and do you get the keys right away?

I did, you don't

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Barnsy posted:

That's going to make this game incredibly uninteresting...

Maybe this would be easier to deal with if there was a scout- instead of a second transport-helicopter.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Riflen posted:

God drat it sandweed!

Really the sad part is that people can't tell whats real and whats sarcasm anymore at this point. Thanks EA.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

:allears:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Hadlock posted:

Screenshot? And/or battlelog id if applicable?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/mcbexxx/dogtags/261118065/1/

Click Right, then scroll down to weapons.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Oh really? Oh reaaallly?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Changing my key bindings on an empty server when suddenly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWZ60S_13Sc&hd=1

pew pew, you're dead.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Asehujiko posted:

I joined a game and now I'm stuck with a loading screen covering 90% of my screen while I'm apparently in spectator mode somewhere outside the map. I tried updating my video drivers, I tried updating windows and I tried updating punkbuster, nothing works. Any suggestions?

I've had that for the last 2 days. I updated punkbuster today (which failed midway) and while I still get that, it actually lets me join the game after 5-10 seconds of that happening.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Dunk Bot 3000 posted:

Any flying tips? I played a little BF3 on console and now this on PC but my piloting experience remained about the same; get in, backflip into a fireball. I hosed around on an empty server so I'm not exploding immediately anymore, but I haven't really figured out how to hover very well or what's the point of tilting the heli left/right with the mouse.

Don't plan on piloting all that much but I'd like to be able to do something with those wookie transports that get ditched and forgotten on rooftops.

Maybe give flying with the keyboard a shot. Personally I find it much easier.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

mcbexx posted:

BTW, looking for Eurogoons to squad up with. Origin name is mcbexxx

Just add Sandweed.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Internet Explorer posted:

So whats the best way to record your gameplay without constantly recording everything and filling up your hard drive?

Fraps has a function where it buffers the last 30 seconds or so. If something happens you press a button and it saves the buffer and keeps rolling.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

mcbexx posted:

I was kidding before, but now it's 1:00pm and I really, really, REALLY would like to get my key now.

Get on it, GMG.

I ordered like a month ago and when I checked yesterday on GMG's games page there was no key. I checked an hour ago and am currently 42% done preloading.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

suddenlyissoon posted:

Gamestop is STILL giving me fake keys for Premium! Not that I can do anything with it but I still want to add it to my account!

:saddowns:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Welp that was fast, I can't continue SP because I'm stuck on a bugged QTE on South Chinese Sea. It was fine the first time but I died shortly after. You shove away some junk from a ladder but I have a gun out and am unable to move. Loading the checkpoint has the same effect and reloading the mission is like 20-30min of progress lost. :dice:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Ularg posted:

Spam your use key when you restart the check point and it will go as normal. Happened to me. Either spam it or hold it.

This worked, thanks :)

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Anyone from the US who ordered Premium from GreenManGaming? Did you get your keys yet?

I'm in the EU so BF4 unlocks 31.10. GMG say they will release the Premium keys on the release date. Does that mean I will get Premium only on the UK release date (1.11)..? Not that it matters to be without Premium for one day, just wondering.

I literally just checked and there was a code but entering it into origin produces an error.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I just refreshed and it was there. :)

Added it to Origin with no issues. Sorry it messed up for you. I think I remember people saying to make sure there are no spaces when you paste the key in.

Yeah that was probably it. I saw the space at the end but there was another one at the front that I missed.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I get the complaints about the crashes but honestly the lack of a queue is the worst problem I have with BF4 right now. How hard can that be?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Hopper posted:

Is there a goon run /preferred server in Europe?

Whichever the rest of us is on. "Just add Sandweed"™.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Tarranon posted:

Is this a bug or does everyone have the 'you've been promoted!' animation run like five times in a row in game.

The most upsetting part about this is leaving the game and seeing in battlefield that you didn't actually get the promotion or unlock

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOUypUTs-rM&hd=1

I guess you can skip like the first 30s.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I guess I missed last night's "why are only the pubbies in those videos this bad?" discussion. I guess it's my own fault because I could've posted these earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7i9DCvbds&hd=1
I believe this was on the Eurogoon server.

This one has a bit of conversation at the beginning I didn't want to cut. Stabbing starts ~30s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o97aOOIUIXI&hd=1
There is short cut at the end where I thought "better save this to the hdd" and then it went on.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Octavion posted:

Are the miniguns on the scout choppers useful for anything or am I correct in thinking that the 25 mm is just better at everything?

Yes the 25mm are better at everything. You can unlock them by riding stinger engi for another pilot since the scout chopper is pretty much useless without them.

Perestroika posted:

They're generally a fair bit better at shooting down opposing choppers, since it's so much easier to hit them. But for ground attack the 25mms are supreme.

I respectfully disagree. 25mm for ground targets, heatseeker and/or stingers for other choppers. The miniguns are just terrible.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I updated the nvidia drivers earlier and it deactivated shadowplay without me noticing.

An hour later I killed a guy on Resort who was hiding under the bungalows at E by bouncing an impact granade onto the floor directly into his face. It was perfect.

Pressing Alt-10, then noticing the icon wasn't even there was just :negative:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Naturally Selected posted:

Also, am I blind or is there no squad wipe ribbon any more? I know there's a dog tag requiring it, but for the life of me I can't find it in the awards page.

First one in the general section. It's still there.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

So I don't think staff shells are working as intended all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG2UJEBuarg&hd=1

This one is for Senethro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgDK6fchcdM&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIeCI_xpHpw&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

If anyone still hasn't picked up BF4, it's currently down 30% over on greenmangaming. You can still use a 20% voucher (like GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49) on that bringing it down to just over 30€.
Might be EU only.

• Locked thread