Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Beta for premium users in 5hrs20mins, as an Australian this makes me happy as it's 6pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Kramjacks posted:

Does BF4 use Battlelog the same as BF3 did?

Edit: I should say, will the Beta use it?

Probably. There's already an option to go to the BF4 battelog.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
It chugs on low on my GTX460, but holy poo poo I just knocked the Shanghai Skyscraper down and it was metal as gently caress.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
All the FPS lag makes this unplayable, eugh.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So the game should run much better at release right? I'm no longer sure I want to preorder given all the loving FPS lag every time I shoot a gun.

According to server admins its the servers chunking because they are getting 5 million join requests, but right now the novelty has worn off and it's just frustrating to play.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Shumagorath posted:

The BF3 beta was unplayable for me due to having to be alive to change any settings let alone the awful performance. The final game ran much better and a few patches later I think my framerate went up 25-50% from the release build.

Then DICE decided a new major release of Windows was not worth their time and I couldn't play due to a memory leak. Planned obsolescence much?

God I hope they are QA'ing Windows 8.1 right now....

fivegears4reverse posted:

Battlefield 3 runs approximately a million billion times better than the beta for it did, unless you're a liar or somehow have the worst luck with PC hardware. I see no reason to suspect BF4 will stay exactly as it appears in this beta.

The real concerns I'd have are whether or not you are still interested in playing a game where if one side on a server has a decisive advantage over the enemy, it stays that way (and many server admins ultimately support stacking teams, either deliberately or simply by doing nothing about it).

Maybe my PC is just getting old, I had 0 performance issues with the BF3 beta, although I didn't play that much either because a few hours after I started playing it people realised how broken the UMP was with its OHK if you were moving.

Where is the cheapest place to buy it?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

River posted:

^^^^^^^^^

Aah I see, thanks.

One more question, what exactly is it that causes the building at C to fall down?

The pillars facing the water, there are 4.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So BF4 is pay to win then? You get heaps better unlocks for having premium?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Please forgive me for being naive and thinking an upstanding goon like Sandweed wouldn't lie to poor, innocent goon like me.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I've hit through flares with the launcher you find at C.

It's best to just ignore welsper by the way, 90% of what he says can be summed up by ":smug: why aren't you MLG pro, how dare you get caught out sometimes you bad"

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Its annoying how despite having engie as my default class in Battlelog, I always spawn as a medic. Also the one time I set up all my classes in Battlelog, every class unequipped it's attachments. And finally, I can accept revives for anything. I can move and shoot, but that's it. Hitting the accept button (set to "y" key) does nothing. Left click does nothing.

You choose your class before you spawn in the bar near the top of the spawn menu.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Beta drivers and putting priority to low makes the performance poo poo. I can run BF3 on high at 1680*1050, it's a really good impression when they push something a month before release that has so many issues.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Grey Fox V2 posted:

Regardless of what you think of the theme it's still orders of magnitude better than the static mess from BF3.

They really need to go back to this sort of theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX-3b1DK-4s

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

My friend gets this when he tries to launch the beta, any ideas? He reinstalled windows literally less than a day ago, but he's sure he's got all the drivers for everything.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 6, 2013

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
They also don't have to do the 60/40 cut with valve that they have to do through steam

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I don't think there are platoons yet but in BF3 there were like 6 or 7 goon platoons which turned into 1 or 2 6 months after release.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
My friends and I used to run around Nosehair TDM suicide bombing by throwing C4 at peoples feet and mashing m1, we got banned from several servers for doing so. I haven't played much BF4 yet but if it is really faster, :getin:

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Welsper posted:

The genre you want is called "Rail Shooter".

Do you get off on pulling your best :smug: face and making sicknasty internet burns? It's completely fine for different people to enjoy different things in video games, and it's refreshing to play different modes rather then sitting in helicopters all day and yelling at people for being "bad" when they get frustrated with things dice have already said is broken.

Rush has clear offensive/defensive front lines and on the good maps has plenty of back and forth between the teams, something that conquest doesn't have thanks to how easy it is for 1 person to get behind your team and 3 (soon to be 4 in bf4) to spawn on them. Its a lot of fun when the teams and maps are balanced and you aren't going :spergin: "This isn't real battlefield".

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I think it does, and yes, learn to use a mouse and keyboard and stop being a scrub. Start pwning them instead.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

BORK! BORK! posted:

Controller feels much more natural for vehicles though :( and I have been playing FPS games exclusively on console for the past 10+ years so I would be dreadful on mouse and keyboard.

Regarding the post above, people said the same thing about Planetside but I did much better than even I expected with a controller.

I used to play Halo ect on Xbox and trust me making the swap to mouse and keyboard is amazing.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Do the non LMGs still suppress when you get a hit with them? I can understand removing it for misses as it's a game and I'm probably the only person who thought it was a cool mechanic, but it really seems stupid if they got rid of on hit suppression.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
The elevator thing kinda makes sense, why waste resources having it physically move when you can just teleport everything between a set of coordinates? It's not like in normal play you will ever notice it.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

Wow that's the same was as it works right now only more complicated. Very intuitive and helpful.

Right now it zeros at whatever you aim at when you first aim down sights doesn't it?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yes. Then it explodes 3m past that distance, because of the offset that's handily displayed on the screen alongside the airburst distance. Maybe if you paired with a recon who could tell you how far away the target is, you could be sure that you're going to hit. But that takes teamwork and obviously that's a no no.

Or you know, you could let people actually zero it at a convenient range and give them control over their own weapon? Why should you have to unscope and rescope just to change where it's locked to? It's pretty awkward to change the lock distance as is, what if you target moves? What if you don't center it right using the massive hipfire reticle?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
THis is about BF3 but working with a mate in the AA to take down 2 jets that are working together that are twice as good as you is still the best thing in this game.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Smegmatron posted:

:siren: the beta client is forked from old code and has almost no relationship to the client which will be released when the game goes gold so stop trying to draw any conclusions from its performance :siren:

I really can't make it any more obvious.

It's pretty bad of :dice: and EA to release such a lovely beta though.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Mutation posted:

Betas are suppose to be lovely, they're betas.

Are they supposed to be this lovely less than a month before the actual release?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Lazyfire posted:

Well, people can't read so they trot out the "The beta code was two weeks old" quote from a developer while completely ignoring the fact that the same developer said by 2 weeks old he meant that the E3 demo code was forked over and didn't see optimization, graphical or feature improvements that the code for the release game saw and so was expected to have problems. I mean, that's an honest mistake to make.

Forgive me for not reading all 400 new posts.

Whats the point of releasing it and saying that its a new build and an obvious demo of the game and having it run so poo poo. :dice:

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Smegmatron posted:

Because you could compile the alpha today and call it a recent build.

The entire point of the beta is to generate enough load to test the back end infrastructure. You don't need a large scale open beta to make sure your AAA title runs on Intel and Nvidia hardware.

That makes sense I guess. Still seems like a major marketing gently caress up to have it run so poo poo, 99.9% of players aren't going to know that. They should say that it's a stress test primarily before you play it or something.

You can't blame people for seeing all the ads and gameplay footage and trying to play it on their machine that runs BF3 fine on medium/high and then going "what the gently caress dice".

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

SaucyLoggins posted:

It's definitely playable on my 460GTX 1 gig. I don't think I'm getting a constant screaming 60 fps, but I'm not playing at a disadvantage. I haven't tried out the new patch yet, but before hand I never had any stuttering or anything. The 460 is definitely a bottle neck on my system though, so I don't what your other parts are.

What settings/drivers/whatever do you have cause it runs like rear end on my 460.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

OneEightHundred posted:

It had a handful of aspects which were better: Commander, ammo conservation actually mattering, good maps, and the AT launchers weren't as garbage as they are in BF3 (although that was in exchange for having to deal with repair auras and repairing commander crates).

The only problem with the RPG in BF3 is people not knowing that it takes 2 hits to the back to kill a tank, a single to disable. Unless you are playing on Damavand peak or something, getting behind them is really easy too. Unless you are complaining that you can't kill a tank that is working with it's team solo, which is something you shouldn't be able to do anyway, it's a loving tank.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So where's the best place to get bf4 + premium

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So where is this game the cheapest?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
What does the Heavy Enemy Presence timer mean, and dayum the game runs so much better compared to beta. I'm getting better performance comparatively than BF3 beta->launch. The only problem is that it sometimes crashes.

The game is much prettier too, its a pity I have to be rank 10 to command.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
In BF3 your stats got saved when the round ended so long as you didnt join again after a crash, did they really get rid of that?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

TheRationalRedditor posted:

This is a total myth, your stats saved even if you did rejoin, they just don't get recorded in the new battle report.

Ah. Didn't know that

Also why does the game keep crashing? Even in single player? Is there a known issue or something?

I'm playing on a GTX460

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/T0NY-ABB0TT/stats/351592419/pc/

The Aussiest of Goons

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
The mag dumping thing when you reload is stupid, of all the things to bring back from BF2 why this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Ravenfood posted:

Because its a great feature? Quit reloading after a few shots and you'll be fine.

DatonKallandor posted:

It's loving great. It makes Support worth it.

Support was already worth it in BF3 unless you were a bad who constantly rushed into things and died. It's frustrating as gently caress, when do 99% of supports drop ammo anyway?

folgore posted:

I think it's cool, but I doubt it's intentional. DICE will probably patch it so it's not the default setting.

If it was Hardcore only I'd be cool with that but it's just frustrating.

• Locked thread