Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Helll yeahhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Honestly I thought Bad Company 2 was infinitely worse about that than even vanilla BF3. But Aftermath has really good control point layouts.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Maybe it's been mentioned, this thread was absurdly busy while I was gone, but is the option to turn a second monitor into a map only for commanders? I didn't see a way to do it as a regular player. Also, does anyone know if I can do it with my monitors at different resolutions?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Are the textures for the post-collapse C area just... not there? Or is it really going to look like that?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Is there going to be an unlockable medbox in the full game like BC2/BF3's or like BF4's ammo box? Or just the one-off medpack?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I feel bad knowing that I'm one of the mostly incompetent scrubs that can't shoot for poo poo that the good players bemoan :C At least I try to PTFO and chuck medkits around even if I can't kill anyone.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Augh I want to love this game I just get so loving mad when I play terribly <_____>

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Can anyone confirm this observation? Whenever I had Battlelog on my second monitor--not even necessarily Battlescreen, just the Battlelog page--I got really grotesquely bad performance. But if I kept the tab open, just tabbed away to a different tab in my browser, performance would generally go back up to whatever levels. Anyone else seeing this effect?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Finally had a round where I felt like I wasn't a totally useless pile of poo poo. Played defensively around D. I really like it and A, the multistory stuff there is super interesting.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
How do you get to the very highest roof of the skyscraper? Do you have to get dropped off by a heli, or is there an elevator I haven't noticed?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Did they suddenly add a shitload of color to the map? A ton of it looked way less gray tonight.
Also fun match, I really need to get around to actually joining the Mumble server though.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
What's the easiest way to get anything other than a sniper rifle to use as a recon, without ever needing to use a sniper rifle? It sounds like carbines from playing Engineer is popular?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I still think Caspian Border is a pretty good map, and Firestorm is... okay. But crudely laid out.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
So with the MX4, do you just put the laser sight on it and try to hipfire it in the absolute closest range possible?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
MX4 and XM25 are not the same weapon. MX4 is the Engineer starting PDW.
Sadly, I also have not had much success with the XM25 :C but it's very cool and I'm gonna try to use it more when the full game is out.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Does anyone know how the elevators "work"? Like, do they actually move the elevator model and your character model with it, or do they just close the doors, wait ten seconds, then teleport you to the top of the shaft?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I'm curious, and if they only teleport player characters than it has ramifications for how it would handle vehicles, C4, ammoboxes, etc.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Why don't you get points for healing people?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I don't have that exact mouse, but I've been able to bind my thumb buttons to fire-mode selection and... I think grenade throwing?
One thing you might have to try: When you're clicking, make sure you click the "Mouse" column, not the "Keyboard" column or the "Joystick" column. If you click in the "Keyboard" column, it'll only let you bind keyboard keys to whatever function you're trying to set.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
For some reason I really hate binding middle-mouse to anything.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Augh, I loving hate the MX4. I'm terrible enough at the game as it is, trying to use this piece of poo poo makes me hurt myself.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I've been trying to play Domination or to burst-fire and I'm still so loving bad and I just... ergh. Really hate myself.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
For reference: In the BF4 beta I'm 0.51 KDR with my best gun at 9.57% accuracy. In BF3 it's 1.16 KDR and 12.8% overall accuracy (maybe 14% with my best gun).

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013

Chortles posted:

And I still can't fathom how you guys are scoring so quickly... then again, I've only been playing for less than 12 hours as of this post, with 0.43 KDR/142 SPM and sub-10% accuracy on most weapons.
:negative:

i feel your pain :negative:

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I think I have decent map knowledge, and I've stuck mostly to AK-12 and MX4 so I'm not switching weapons up a ton. I just have absolute poo poo for accuracy.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I have my mouse set to max sensitivity, which is... I think something like 3600 DPS. Very, very high. I can try turning it down and trying to be more methodical in play.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
It's got a DPS selector switch. Is there any particular reason other than convenience to do it one way or the other?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Just noticed I've been saying DPS this entire time and not DPI. But your description doesn't make them seem different, because the takeaway is "it takes more movement to look around".

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Turns out to be 3000 2000, not 3600, but yeah it's very high. I'll try lowering it and also consciously practicing recoil compensation, I've never really attempted that. Thanks for the good advice.

John Magnum fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 14, 2013

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
They definitely did in Bad Company 2.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Have there been any benchmarks of the 290X yet? That's the only one that isn't a rebadged 7000 series. I can't imagine what would be disappointing about those, unless you mean in the broader sense that it's disappointing for AMD to choose to launch a new brand with mostly rebadged products.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I have a 6950 2GB and got decent but not great frames in the beta, good to hear that there's some improvements. So much good buzz in this thread, I think I'll grab a physical copy tomorrow.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
What's the Tactical Visor, is it gonna be a big deal if I can't access it because I always do click-to-ADS?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013

Randler posted:

Why didn't you just pressed Escape and clicked on "Exit to Menu"?

Because what if there had been an after-credits scene that you can only see by watching the credits?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
I'm John_MK_Magnum on Origin.

Just noticed there's not a CITV station anymore on tanks, I guess the gunner has to choose between prox scan, SOFLAM, and incendiary.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
How do you activate your Veteran status, do you just have to play a game and it'll twig at the end of the round?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
How do you add a clan tag?

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Why are bits of the Siege of Shanghai map showing up in the Singapore mission of the campaign? They... are not the same place.

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
No, but I have been to Singapore. There are actual bits of it that I recognize here in the SP! But then there's the parking garage from Siege of Shanghai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Magnum
Feb 10, 2013
Welp, the campaign finally actually BSOD'd me instead of just crashing to desktop. Time to set this aside for a little while.

• Locked thread