Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014
I was experiencing crashing non-stop. The game was near unplayable for me, I would often get kicked out only minutes into a game. Sometimes with the message that the Connection to Server Timed Out other times with no error message at all just a straight CTD. This started fairly recently for me, at least within the last expansion or two.

Turns out it's some issue with running the 64-bit .exe, if I launch from the normal x86 version the game runs great and I have no issues at all. Something worth trying if others are still experiencing crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014
Just gonna leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBMU6l6GsdM

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014
Cheapest place to nab BF4 premium right now?

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

sitchelin posted:

Has anyone else been crashing nonstop?

I get disconnected from server almost every game, only if I am playing on a wi-fi connection. If I switch over to my wired network, which is a good 5 times slower, I have no issues. Still haven't been able to get to the bottom of this one.
As far as full on "BF4.exe has stopped working" types of crashing, it happens very very rarely. Verify your game files, and as others have mentioned you should likely delete your config files too.

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Battlefield 2 and 2142 were the height of the series so you are stupid.

That's not how you spell Battlefield Vietnam.

Remake when?

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

Fried Watermelon posted:

It got a remake already. BFBC2:Vietnam

It's not the same man.

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

Hexenritter posted:

Origin working as intended.

Have you disabled the overlay mode, or in-game or whatever they call it? That always causes issues for me if left enabled.

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014
What everyone else says regarding tanks is true. Essentially there is no single best setup but there are ideal setups for how you want to use the tank.
In an anti infantry/infantry support roll. The default shells and a LMG or cannisters with thermals will tear up the enemy forces. But loses in tje 1v1 tank battle.
I personally play anti-armor so I spec with the sabot, zoom optics, reload, w/ LMG. Zoom optics and sabot give a massive advantage in mid/long range engagements. The LMG gives you the ability to suppress and kill engineers trying to ruin your day.
Basically decided how you're going to play the tank and then try to keep in that comfort zone where its going to excel.

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

Friar Zucchini posted:

Why bother sticking it on your helicopter when you can just drop it on top of them from inside? Same effect but easier.

:jihad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

Aces High posted:

that's better than NA, there is maybe 1 or 2 populated Classic servers :(

:colbert: Sure now that this game is winding down and dying you people want to play classic. Where were you all when the game came out?
When we used to have at least one or two full servers at a time in the past, now we're lucky if we can find 1-2 classic servers with any population at all at most hours.

• Locked thread