Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

It's not really poo poo because you have to get close (and you don't, no closer than any other launcher overall really), its poo poo because it gets NO locational damage bonuses. Hit a tank from the front, side, or rear and you're doing 21 damage. At least the RPG is the first AT launcher you can unlock. Never looking back after getting that.

It is, in my experience, pretty lovely against armored stuff, but wonderful against people. Basically the opposite of any of the BF3 launchers.

It takes like half a dozen hits to kill a tank though, so it is sort of useless for its normal purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

I just got banned from the 1st Bravo Company server for having a "vulgar emblem" (I had copied the crying face from someone else here). I'm not sure whether I should be proud or annoyed. I would attribute it to my performance, since I did pretty well last round, but my team still lost, so I guess it's just sad pubbies.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Weren't we supposed to get an unlocked .44 scope just for playing today? I don't see anything in battlelog...

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Broken Record posted:

What would you consider unbalanced teams?

I mostly play Conquest/Large Conquest and it seems like it's always one sided (and I'm always on the loosing side). Not that I'm a great player by any stretch, but at least I try to PTFO.

Like on an 800 ticket server, 0 - 534 just feels like the teams weren't balanced skill-wise, especially when it's like that four rounds in a row. Of course, then you look at the teams and see the same 10 clan tags on players. That or I swear half my team is just standing around waiting for jets/helis.
If the score was like 0 - 150, I'm like "OK, that was a good match". Even better if it's under 100.

Can't do nothing about it, except switch servers and hope for the best. Just wondering what you guys thought.

It happens all the time. Aside from getting friends to come join and maybe turn the tide, you can only really switch servers until you find a decent one. Check the game score before joining, and if it's a lopsided blowout, don't bother.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Has anyone else run into an issue where the firemode randomly decides to change on you, generally while spraying automatic fire around? I swear each patch makes this worse for me, but it could just be my mouse (I don't believe the firemode is bound to anything but X on the keyboard, but maybe button 4 or 5 is and I just wasn't paying attention. I'm not pressing them, but maybe the mouse is glitching out or something). It's a G9x if that jogs anyone's memories/experiences....

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

WastedJoker posted:

On my kb it's bound to V, which is the default, I think.

Sure you aren't pressing it accidentally?

I changed it from v to x. It just sort of randomly switches modes while I'm firing, so if nobody else has this problem, my new worry is that the thumb button is somehow actuating while I hold down MB1. I'll confirm whether the thumb button is set to change firing modes when I get home; if it is, I'll just remove it.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Whenever I choose paint for my guns I go with hexagon urban because it looks like a paint scheme you'd see in a Crysis game :v:

I do the BGAM one that's basically pink and grey camo cuz it's the best

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Regarding the customer appreciation battlepacks: is it normal to only get attachments for starter weapons? I've received attachments for the MX4 and whatever the starting MG was, and like, a single scope for the SKS. Does it just heavily weigh early stuff on the table?

For reference, I have everything unlocked except half the DMR's and all but two sniper rifles, so it's not like it's just feeding me what I can use.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

What is up with these battlepack unlocks? I keep getting accessories for guns I don't even have yet, or for those I barely play. Meanwhile the guns I actually want to use have nothing.

I have like 20 kills for my next 249 battlepack, so I fully expect the next bronze I open to have a bunch of 249 poo poo in it just to spite me. Alternatively, since I can't believe those goddamned things keep churning out U100 unlocks, I expect it to just open with a message "We've made more U100 attachments so you can keep unlocking them!" as it gives me like, a vertical grip that has an extra rib on it or a sixth variation of a 4x scope. Maybe an unlock will merge my U100 and MX4 into an abomination of a terrible gun that I'll never use. Who knows?

(I've had some pretty crappy battlepacks)

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Naturally Selected posted:

E: And no, I still don't understand why BF3 and 4 are including what can at best be described as a redneckized curio as a modern rifle. Especially in the same category as actual precision weapons. :psyduck: It's like including a Yugo in a GT racing game.

Assuming you mean the SKS, my best guess is that for a while they were cheap as poo poo on the market, and your analogy isn't too far off. Lots of people own old SKS's. People like playing what they own. I always bought the shitboxes in Gran Turismo just because I liked the idea of making one fast, even if every other car in the game turned out to be better.

I wouldn't believe for a second that a tarted up SKS would outperform...any modern rifle, but gently caress it. Videogames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

I'm George_RR_Fartin if I could be fwiended

• Locked thread