Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
Boring performance related question. I get random 1-2sec freezes... not all the time but more frequently on large maps and more frequently when zooming in (though not consistently enough to say that's the reason for sure). Running on the lowest settings bar resolution on a 560ti 1gb card. Blur, weapon blur etc all off. fov 95. Origin overlay off. Tried closing all programs including browser after launching the game. I usually get 60fps steady with everything turned down bar this second of freeze 10 or so times a game.. I wouldn't care but it usually decides to kick in during a fire fight or driving which usually means death. Is this just me or some known issue? Googling gets hits for BF3 more so than BF4. Is this microstutter or is that something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Sound looping bug? That's what I get. More frequently on some maps than others.

edit: vvvv No you won't be able to see any of the China Rising weapons in battelog. And yes those are the requirements.

I thought the sound looping bug was when the client hard crashes with a never ending sound loop? This is more a 1 second long graphics freeze/hitch that I'm getting when I scope or move a vehicle around a large map occasionally.

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
So is this an official boost day or a bug from the latest patch?

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
My SSD space is at a premium and tales of another 4gb+ for China Rising is going to bring me right to the limit on what I can allocate to this game. Already have just the data folder symlinked out to the SSD and the rest on a traditional platter drive. Any documentation on which of the data files are just used for single player as I might keep them on the platters and do individual symlinks for the rest out to the SSD. I realise assets are shared but there has to be at least 4gb dedicated to Omar saying gently caress I can shift.

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
How exactly does the MAV "jam" travel? I read somewhere it is a dart object with I'm guessing drop and travel speed. It seems generous enough when destroying explosives though I can sometimes see the "flash" miss where my sights are and have to compensate. I've taken other MAVs out but last night I spent ages stalking one and no combination of aiming directly or slightly above got the guy. Do EMPs disable the MAV jam?

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.
Just finished a few hours grinding pistols. Was fun enough actually but much more so in a small population server. Ran recon with tugs and wizballs so always had a tugs near one spawn and threw wizballs in the other direction to keep tabs on the enemy. Handy also to switch out your grenades for something non lethal if you've a tendency to reflex throw grenades. One last thing.. your pistol will auto switch to rifle on running dry. Got a kick for picking up someones kit and not realising the pistol was empty till I went to fire it and killed someone with a rifle. Whoops.

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.

mcbexx posted:

Oh, new bug, nice.
After being rezzed, the options for accepting and declining stay on the screen.
If you exit to the menu by hitting escape and resume the game, the options stay, but the rest of the HUD vanishes, including friendly indicators, until you properly redeploy.

Not sure if this is new as I had it happen pre-patch yesterday. I was in the loadout screen when being rezzed so I think this is what caused it. Was this when it triggered for you?

Unrelated question:
What are people binding to fire if using space bar for pullup on Jets? Any other suggested bindings?

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.

CombatBonta-kun posted:

Has anyone run into this as well?

Sounds like something I suffer from as well. Search my posts in the thread and you'll find me posting about it but I got no useful replies I'm afraid. It's not lag as I saw the same thing on the test range before. My theory was it was higher definition models being loaded in / out of gpu memory causing a hitch. 560ti 1gb here so I'm probably on the lower end of the specs but keep everything low. I'd love to find a fix as it is the last annoying thing in the game for me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage_Shanks
May 16, 2004

Fear the aVICtar.

Randler posted:

I think whatever network changes :dice: did since about China Rising had some weird side effects on SLAM. I've had way too many SLAMs not explode, explode in surprising places or explode way too late since CR was available for Premium.

If the MAV / Soflam thing is common now there's probably a lot more MAVs in the air and they can detonate enemy SLAMs. This used to be my bread and butter and annoyed everyone is getting into the MAV game now when I used to be the only one. At least I can now play other classes without worrying someone isn't cleaning out slams/radio beacons and spotting.

• Locked thread