Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Thread title owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
When ever I think of "Having fun in BC2" I think of Valpariso or Isla Inocentes, AT4-ing the chopper and killing dudes with that loving Garand.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Wow I am way more poo poo at this than BF3.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
If I could use one word to describe how BF4 differs from 3, I would have to use "thumpier".

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Lazyfire posted:

It's the SOFLAM thingy from my understanding. You point it at something and hit the button and you'll get the range between your guy and the object and then the scope will adjust to hit things at that distance. No more looking up into the sky to get that 300 meter headshot.

Does this work with all the sniper scopes? It just automatically zeroes at the last location that you lased with the rangefinder?

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Does this still use the weird vertical FOV? I left mine as the default but I have to play at 1360x768 on my TV so I don't know if I should adjust it from 70.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I'm glad you can't customize the transport chopper because that means all the points you earn in it go to your class progression. This morning I did nothing but fly guys around and cap points and racked up 5k points for my support. So if you don't want to grind something through playing it just fly that chopper around.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Yeah I don't know if the attack chopper gets shoved around more than the transport chopper, but I found in the transport if I was near a building or the ground when we got hit it was more a matter of luck than skill that kept me from crashing. I can only imagine what the poor Little Bird is gonna feel like. :ohdear:

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Son of a BITCH that Delta Force logo OWNS.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I never played ME3, but I assume that there is a mechanism in place to keep you from getting the same poo poo in multiple battlepacks, right? It's not like there is trading or crafting or whatever in this game.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Icebreaker posted:

I remember BF3 beta. It wasn't as bugged as BF4 build, but still, it was.

You have this completely backwards.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Xachariah posted:

Yeah I get this problem too most of the time, anyone know what's goin' on and how I can fix it?

Update Punkbuster.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
One of the last games I played was an Obliteration game. I got onto the C tower, grabbed the M82, and jumped onto the bulding's outside ledge. Zeroed on the D point just in time to see the enemy flag carrier run out. One-shotted him, of course, then noticed the attack chopper heading for C. No time to zero so I just lay into the attack chopper with the 82 and get a double kill when it blows the gently caress up.

brvvvv brvvvrt bvvvvvrrrt bvvvvvvvvrrrt bvrt

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Goddamn can someone please explain to me how you're supposed to fly jets in this dumb game. I use a mouse and keyboard because I tried a 360 controller in bf3 and it was terrible. Is there a recommended keybind setup? I'm trying to fly these in the test range and I'm just poo poo at them.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
The best way to get the drat UCAV is to use this server with 3 other players. Get in, land jet on road facing a hill, have enemy buddies stand on the hill in front of your gun. 3 ribbons in 5 minutes. Boom, done.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Gonkish posted:

Pistols only 24/7 Op. Locker is the best thing in the game.

It's pretty drat good. You can have some really intense fights when everyone's optimum engagement range is like, a room.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
MAVs can be easily shot down, and the UCAV can go 400m max. How many targets are they going to have 400m from the uncap? Getting mowed down by a SUAV is a novelty at best. Not sure what the huge issue is.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

I'm going to throw in with WastedJoker and say screw UCAV spamming. Yeah yeah yeah :qq: and pubbie tears and all that poo poo, but this thread has spent roughly ten thousand pages whining about how useless wookies are and I don't really see much of a difference between the two. Then again play the game however you want and have fun so whatever.

If you can't see the difference between a shithead who sits in the back and goes 1-4 the whole round and does literally nothing and someone that can two-shot armor and wipe out whole squads in a click then you're pretty dumb I think.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
There was an LLJK tag lamenting my UCAV shenanigans today and it was pretty good.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
So I just came back after a month long break or so, installed on a new SSD with Windows 8. It seems to run much much better, but is the hit registration fixed? I haven't played in so long that I can't remember what I should be looking for.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Sniper rifle question: If you make, say, a 1000m headshot and get that big pile of points, does that marksman bonus count towards your sniper rifle progression? seems like you could get 4 people in a golmud server or something and just spend a couple of hours trading shots while spawning on beacons to grind out your unlocks.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Naturally Selected posted:

It does apply to weapon XP, and yes, you can boost to unlock almost anything in the game. Or you can play the game.

Sniping isn't playing Battlefield. :colbert:

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Well, testing shows that a headshot with a 400m marksman bonus totaling 525 total points only puts 125 points towards the weapon-type progression. gently caress.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

SplitSoul posted:

That would require unlocking the range finder. I have six kills and an accuracy of 6.28% with the CS-LR4. :lol:

Use your PLD to range an area, duder. You don't have to range and rezero each shot. Set up where there are guys, range with PLD, dial in approximate range to your scope, then compensate for the difference.

Say you're sitting 350 meters away from where a group of guys is going to be fighting. You can either zero for 300 and aim the teensiest bit high, or 400 and aim the teensiest bit low.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Wooo just went 2-0 with 22,000 points with the MAVFLAM. The 2 kills were blowing up SLAMS that the engi was laying down.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
There hasn't been a game with the MAVLAM where I haven't gotten multiple team members shooting the gently caress out of what I was lasing, complete with a string of "holy poo poo whoever is lasing THANK YOU" popping up in chat.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Finally got called out for "MAV glitching" for the first time. It was some recon whose MAA was obliterated by 4 near-instantaneous missiles.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I MAVLAM all the live-long day but I'd also like to shoot stuff for mad pointz. I'm TargetPractice64 and you can Add Me For Lasing Fun!

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I'm sorry, but in my opinion MAVLAMing is waaaaaaay less bullshit then some rear end in a top hat in an LB or attack jet that goes 50-4 cause you're team loving sucks. I've had my MAV repetedly shot/sniped out of the air, so it's much, much easier to beat than a decent aircraft pilot.

Not to mention that it helps other people on the team. That LB rear end in a top hat isn't directly giving points to the rest of the team. The MAVLAM does that, if said team is smart enough to pick up launchers.

Hacks and exploits loving suck because they make the game unfun for everyone and breaks the game. The MAVLAM doesn't do either of those.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Sparticle posted:

Other people are good at the game and I don't know how to use a stinger so this vindicates my abuse of a glitch that shits up the game for an entire team.

Well this is not at all what I'm saying. Shooting down the MAV is very doable, shooting down the repping LB by yourself is a nightmare. Engies shooting at lased targets is the exception, not the rule. I have never seen an LB without 2 repping engies, it's the rule.

Yes, MAVLAM is an exploit by the letter of it, but in my opinion not the spirit. To say that it's on the same level as a paid ESP hack is loving ridiculous.

Edit: I'm not saying that someone going 50-4 should be considered exploiting either, I've been one of those repping engies and it's fun as hell flinging Stingers or Javs from our in-chopper ammo box. All I'm saying is that the MAVLAM is much less egregious than people are making it out to be.

VVVVVV: Once again, I've had my MAV locked down by bullet spam. It's not unbeatable. Again, it can't do any damage if nobody shoots at what you're lasing (which going by the thread is the norm.)

Target Practice fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 29, 2014

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Haha, increasing the accuracy of the pump shotguns? Owns. Never had any problems hitting people with these things anyway and they are a blast to use.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
The one thing I like about the smaller-mag LMGs is that if you are providing ammo and defensive support to engies in your squad, you're never really caught with your pants down during a reload. If you're the first (and last) line of defense between the enemy and your squadmates who in all likelihood have their launchers out, it's nice to have a 60 round mag and a 3 second reload.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

whatspeakyou posted:

So how bad is the P90, really? I tend to carry an MTAR or PDW-R due to my playstyle (close quarters most of the time). That large mag would be nice but I'm not sure if it's worth giving up the MTAR or PDW-R for.

I like it, but I'm only using it to unlock the PDW-R.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
My favorite way to play BC2 was with the Garand and an AT4. It let me engage infantry past pissing distance, and the DMRs are going to do that again. Already loving them.

Banning DMRs is loving stupid.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Someguy posted:

I'm sorry that the idea that netcode is a real thing that exists makes you really upset, enough to rage out over it, but don't think anyone ever cared enough to read your post history. Thanks for letting us know you have a podcast though, that explains some things.

Jesus loving Christ take a pill.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Well you can hardly blame DICE for not alienating a huge portion of the player base while at the same time cutting out poo poo that represents money that they put into the project that got the thing produced in the first place.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
The Cosby emblem on the spreadsheet seems to be broken :(

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I'm super poo poo at BF so I can't make C4 do anything for me. Always die before I can plant it.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Would also be up for this GOL cheese thing. It was the right thing to do for the UCAV and it's the right thing to do for the GOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Bah, missed the GOL party. Welp maybe next time.

Edit: also what Mumble/TS are we using now?

• Locked thread