Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Gonkish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03VsxHIHOkM

This is your average uncap MAA player. Feel free to poop on them.

Oh man this is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Well, I heard that I they patched this, so I tried it out to see what it was like with fixed netcode.

I think BF4 is the game that is finally going to convince me that I am poo poo at FPS games. I thought I was losing fights because of whatever weird netcode voodoo that was going on, but it turns out I just loving suck. I can't hit what I'm shooting at, and my reflexes are just too drat slow. A guy comes around a corner and I might as well be standing there with my dick in my had as far as the next few seconds are concerned. I'm terrible at compensating for recoil (wasn't a patch supposed to change the way that happened on the screen?), and I never bothered picking a gun and memorizing it's pattern.

I really enjoy FPS games, I just need to come to terms with my complete ineptitude with them.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Yeah I get the theory part and how to pick good guns, that's not the issue. I've been playing FPS ever since Quake, and I loved and played the poo poo out of BC2 and BF3. I'm just slow and dumb, is all. I think why this game has got to me is that since I only have so much free time to play video games, I can't just tough out getting poo poo on like I used to, maybe. I dunno. Game is still fun I guess.

But yeah I could have sworn I saw a video of the way they are changing the recoil on, say, red dot sights. I want to say that the dot stayed in the same place with the frame moving around but I don't know. Gonna look around for that video.

Edit: Not the video I watched, but it's got the gist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrqV9ZFJouA&t=80s

Target Practice fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 14, 2014

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Hah, haven't played in months, but goddamn that Phantom bow takes loving forever to get. Anybody still cheesing assignments?

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Is there anyone here on PC who has not got the bow yet? Need to have either the Giants or Hangar 21 tags, we have the other 2. I'm 83 AR kills and 122 LMG kills from getting the assignments, mate has everything.

E: Assault has to be the worst class in the entire game.

I haven't even started but I think I'm just going to say gently caress it and cheese the gently caress out of the stuff that aren't the gun kills.

• Locked thread