Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
Five-man squads, squad VOIP, clearer orders, and bigger benefits for following orders seem to have revived teamplay for the series. It's almost like people were thirsting for it. I was just squad leader of a five-man and if I wasn't constantly updating orders to reflect the advancement of the enemy team, my dudes would use the commo rose order request to remind me. And they mostly stuck together. It really almost felt like BF2 again, where you would semi-reliably be able to get people to act like a squad. Good poo poo.

Definitely an unoptimized build. Lots of clunkiness in the controls and physics. DICE is good at polishing stuff like that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

Captain Beans posted:

Is there a .cfg file somewhere that stores your keybinding/settings?

I had all of mine wiped(I guess from this patch yesterday or whatever), and would like to back it up this time. Figuring it out when taking off in a helo is too late :(

It didn't wipe them, it just changed the settings folder from My Documents/Battlefield 4 to My Documents/Battlefield 4 Beta. Copy the files from the former to the latter and you're set.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

Icept posted:

Hmm, not that I'm a fan of what's going on with all this "battlepack" crap, I think the way it's meant to be read is that anything you get from buying premium will be considered an orange item, like the knife skin in BF3. Not that you get more stuff or better stuff from battlepacks.

The language isn't super clear, but it also looks like there are no weapon attachments that are locked behind premium battlepacks exclusively. I interpret it as saying that, once you've unlocked all the attachments for a weapon normally, you'll start getting the battlepack-only ones for that gun when you service star it or whatever. That's cool

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

the_FERRET posted:

Since I'm drunk and have nothing better to do until I sober up a little and sleep, let's have a competition.

First person to correctly identify me in the group picture featured below wins a copy of Battlefield 4 (PC):

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/10/road-to-bf4-sounds-of-the-battlefield/

You only get one guess!

Top row in the middle with the blue plaid

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
All unlocks and the points required to unlock them are also visible. Sick

edit: :siren:flashbangs and mini-grenades:siren:

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

peabody624 posted:

What is with the delay on firing the REX? Makes it terrible.

It simulates a double-action revolver trigger pull I guess

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
[beep] Eerrm uuuh I'd like to report a sick gameplay experience, over

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
Has anyone found a way to unbind console from B/disable console? Dumb as hell

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
Side-gunners in the transport chopper won't shoot at the sniper I'm hovering us besides, supports stare at me as I beg for ammo, squad is split to four corners of map and nobody responds when I say "hi" on VOIP. The more things change...

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
Just tore up KFS in the LAV-AD before the game froze. Wack. Oughta refund my battle bonus. I'm Reeferhound in game and used to play on KFS as OMGHAX/iHax if any of the old guard are around.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

Pharmaskittle posted:

Has anyone had trouble sending or receiving in-game voip? I always ask if people can hear me or have mics, but I never get any response so I'm not sure if I have a problem or am just unlucky.

I'm down to squad up and test it if you want. I'm Reeferhound on your list. We also played in the beta when I was under the name Njordur.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
Anyone know why I can't accept revives even though I'm hammering space? Is this some obscure, arbitrary settings interaction like how click to zoom instead of hold ruins the tac overlay in the campaign?

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
Why does Operation Locker tank my FPS more than any of the other huge glorious jungley maps? I don't get it at all. I'm looking down a corridor with a broken crate in it and feeling slowdown. It's also the worst map.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
TV missile on attack jets seems super buggy. Doesn't fire where you're aiming, jet slows to stall speed while you're controlling the missile, etc.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

Interstellar Owl posted:

Or you can release free DLC instead of 15 dollars..

:cawg:

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
Remember the bug in BF3, which was eventually fixed, where you could get two people in the gunner's seat of a chopper at once thanks to the TV missile quantum state? It's back for the attack boat and who knows what else :jeb: Allegedly crashes the server too

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

PittTheElder posted:

Well that makes no drat sense. Can I unbind '~'?

Hopefully they'll patch it, it's wack. I too used to use b for bipod. I bound it to 1 simultaneously with primary weapon and it works pretty elegantly though.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
That's basically an evolution of the strange AA missile behaviors in BF2 where they'd miss whatever you were firing at and fly off into the sky and then two minutes later you'd kill a bunch of enemies (and, for the real laughs, sometimes friendlies) in a chopper somewhere

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

fknlo posted:

Gonna try and play a few rounds while laundry is going. CRASH, CRASH, CRASH, CRASH.

To be fair to dice, they have to get the expansions out quickly. They can't be expected to fix their broken and borderline unplayable game first.

It's EA. The suits loving ruin everything. DICE obviously have a ton of talent; their sound team is literally the best in the industry, Kertz is sometimes pretty goofy but overall he pushes the mechanics in a good direction, and their in-house engine is solid. But the suits and the shareholders don't care about quality assurance of the details of the product. It blows.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
M320 flashbang doesn't crash me anymore, I assume the LVG is fixed too. That's Good

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
They also fixed Guided Shell not having a different reticle from the normal one, but hydra rockets in attack jets still use the AA missile reticle for some reason

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

Liberatore posted:

As far as I know, that was the only source of the server-wide all sound goes out bug. But some people are still having sound issues in Lancang Dam and Golmud Railway. I've played both maps a few times and haven't encountered any problems since the patch, though.

I still got sound drops on Golmud when I played earlier. Pretty annoying but not as bad as the crashes so whatever.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
Did anyone else not know that holding down and charging defibs allows you to revive someone at greater than 20 health :stare:

This changes everything

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
Levolution :pcgaming: It makes a bomb go off and mess up the middle of the map

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

suddenlyissoon posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/4/5175588/ea-halts-battlefield-4-expansions
EA halts Battlefield 4 expansions to 'sort out all the issues'

So they sold you a broken product from the start and now they'll be breaking their expansion date promise with Premium just to fix the initial game!

Can't complain about that because it's exactly what I was just hoping they would do. You can't railroad DLC development when people are already pissed about the bugs the game launched with. It's an obvious moneygrub and I'm glad of this news.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

VarXX posted:

There's no reason development of future content needed to halt to fix the buggy game. The art team isn't fixing the netcode.

There are map bugs that the map team should be fixing. Future DLC weapons will be developed and balanced by the same people doing the balance of the weapons we already have. People developing future cool DLC gadgets are also responsible for the presently glitchy gadgets/vehicle gadgets etc. etc.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
I guess not since EA is saying they won't do it like that?

I don't have China Rising yet, but everyone in this thread seems to think it's low effort. The new gadgets also seem poorly designed and balanced. Do you want more half-baked poo poo piled into this game while a skeleton crew patches the holes?

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

Requested_Username posted:

Do belt feeders improve only the reload time, or do they also improve how quickly the vehicle generates new ammo?

An earlier answer in the thread was that they only increase pool -> magazine reload time. I don't know first-hand though.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

Clanpot Shake posted:

I haven't really followed BF4 since playing the beta. Are they doing the same thing they did with BF3 where they release a new $15 map pack every ~4 months? I was really annoyed that I can't really play BF3 today because I don't have all the DLC. Will BF4 share the same fate?

Seems like it, dude. I have BF4 but no premium and I get like 5 servers when I filter out empties and other continents. Kind of bleak. If you plan on playing with most of the player population, you probably have to cough up. And then 3 months after the last DLC they'll release the next base game.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

Mega Comrade posted:

You in the US by any chance? I'm in Europe and I see loads of vanilla servers , I only ended up getting premium because my friends kept moaning about me pulling them off the new maps.

Yeah, USA. There's vanilla servers out here but, like I said, filter out the empty ones and you're left with like three with player counts over 10, one of which is always Op Locker until the heat death of the universe and you're lucky if the others aren't high-ticket instant vehicle playgrounds for adolescents.

Really annoyed this time around with this DLC model. I bought BF3 premium when it was released because I had no idea BF4 would come out a year later as basically an expansion pack. I guess I'll wait until BF4 premium goes on sale for like $10, but by then the game will have faded even more in popularity. It seems obvious that splintering the playerbase is a huge part of the marketing strategy for the DLC.

It's good to hear that Europe doesn't have the problem as bad, but at least for me, it's pretty much put the game in retirement.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help
Battlelog's filtering methods and settings can do some dumb unintuitive poo poo sometimes so I'm not ruling out that some combination of modes and maps I've selected is wigging it out, but I never found a way to get more than an unappealing handful each time I tried in the last couple weeks :shrug:

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

Gazaar posted:

Star Wars with the proper DICE treatment is going to be beautiful to look at & listen to in the least. We can only pray the businessmen that rush projects don't push it TOO early.

It's going to release two or three months earlier than it should, receive a patch once every three months at most because of console shackles, and launch with day-one DLC packages. Sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Ask Me For FYAD Help

Pharmaskittle posted:

Whatever gripes you might have about hit detection or movement, the gunplay in BF4 is the best it's ever been in the series.

On the other hand, the commander/squad interface and the responsiveness of the commo rose peaked in BF2 and have, thanks to consoles, never been restored to how good they were back then.

• Locked thread